The Top 5 Most Overrated rappers in the industry

cm_millionaire said:
Dude get a life please. Piece of information: Every record NaS has ever released has been under the name 'NaS' so I don't need authorisation from you to call him that.
It is simply clearer and less irritating to word it Nas rather than NaS, however you are incorrect in your point, every album Nas has released is not under the name NaS, check your Illmatic case it's spelled NAS.

Zero Cool said:
My point exactly, many people highly underrate his talents on the mic. I don't believe he's technically the G.O.A.T. MC (he is the greatest artist IMO) but the way some people view it, it's like Pac had no talent on the mic at all.

on the mic he doesnt compare to, big, em, nas, big l, as an mc he just isnt that good, if he was to beef with the rappers i have mentioned, he would get ripped its that simple, as an artist he is the best, if i was to introduce someone to rap, i would suggest pac becuz his music is very easy to get into becuz he talks bout things that are easy to relate to and easy to understand, but if someone wanted to know a rapper thats gonna blow there mind with lyrics and at the same time makes above average music, i would suggest biggie, em, nas etc.

Zero Cool said:
It is simply clearer and less irritating to word it Nas rather than NaS, however you are incorrect in your point, every album Nas has released is not under the name NaS, check your Illmatic case it's spelled NAS.
Well maybe I should talk about NAS like he is god and NaS like he's an over rated rapper who can't make a classic in today's current climate for peanuts and get's murdered on tracks by Ludacris so you understand me.
And I don't actually care how irritating you find it, if it's that irrating don't contribute to this thread (and do us all a favour because your irrelevant random posts doesn't actually further the discussion dunny!)
NaS NaS NaS = overrated overrated overrated

Silleone said:
on the mic he doesnt compare to, big, em, nas, big l.
You are incorrect. He may not possess all their skills but is definitely in the top tear of MC's. It's cliche and dickryderesque I know, but in my opinion Pac as an artist was in a league of his own.

cm_millionaire said:
Well maybe I should talk about NAS like he is god and NaS like he's an over rated rapper who can't make a classic in today's current climate for peanuts and get's murdered on tracks by Ludacris so you understand me.
And I don't actually care how irritating you find it, if it's that irrating don't contribute to this thread (and do us all a favour because your irrelevant random posts doesn't actually further the discussion dunny!)
Overrated or not I couldn't really care, I like him as an MC and that's all there is to it. Your arrogant opinions are of no consequence to me or any other self-respecting user, understand dummy!

Zero Cool said:
Overrated or not I couldn't really care, I like him as an MC and that's all there is to it. Your arrogant opinions are of no consequence to me or any other self-respecting user, understand dummy!
- You used consequence in the wrong context.
- My opinions are a talking point; look at how many people have viewed and contributed to this thread thus far.
- Whilst we're on the topic, I sincerely doubt someone who wants to read this thread wishes to see your moaning about how I spell NaS.
- My opinions only seem arrogant to you because you don't know how to disagree with them dilligently.
- If your definition of 'a self respecting user' is someone like yourself who quite obviously listens to no other hip hop than what MTV play your probably correct...for once.
- Oh and keep the little childish insults coming; your just making yourself look like a pissed off ten year old who can't discuss things because of his lack of vocabulary.

cm_millionaire said:
- You used consequence in the wrong context.
- My opinions are a talking point; look at how many people have viewed and contributed to this thread thus far.
- Whilst we're on the topic, I sincerely doubt someone who wants to read this thread wishes to see your moaning about how I spell NaS.
- My opinions only seem arrogant to you because you don't know how to disagree with them dilligently.
- If your definition of 'a self respecting user' is someone like yourself who quite obviously listens to no other hip hop than what MTV play your probably correct...for once.
- Oh and keep the little childish insults coming; your just making yourself look like a pissed off ten year old who can't discuss things because of his lack of vocabulary.
Let the rebuttal begin.

- I did not use consequence in the wrong context.

- I was not "moaning" rather I was simply trying to offer advice to increase the clarity of your points, unfortunately you adversly reacted, perhaps you're stressed, perhaps you're angry I have no idea. But here's another piece of advice, stop overreacting.

- Ironic that you should accuse me of using a word in an incorrect context when you do the exact same thing yourself.

- My definition of a self-respecting user is one who makes up their own minds rather than being barraged into agreeing with what an arrogant ignoramus like yourself regularly espouses.

- I believe I have exibited a good grasp of the English language in all my posts thus far, on what basis do you assert that I have a lack of vocabulary?

My list is based on what I read on the net. My mind is a bit muddled so you'll have to ignore bad grammer.

1.) 2Pac
- had a bad flow
- had good lyrics but damn, they are not what people make them out to be
- has an okay resume
- only has 1 debatable classic
- is not the MLK/MX figure people make him out to be

2.) Notorious B.I.G
- not this all-mighty lyricist people make him out to be
- his story telling was not as good as people say
- has classic songs but no classic albums (in my opinion), he has a sold 4.5/5 though

3.) Yukmouth
- not this westcoast king, top 10 dead or alive rapper many people on the internet claim

4.) Canibus
- nonsense lyrics for the most part
- no replay value
- his music loses appeal when you exit your teens

5.) Nas
- was beat by Jay-Z, and since this was such a huge battle the victory being handed to Nas makes him severely overrated in the battle category.

Zero Cool said:
Let the rebuttal begin.

- I did not use consequence in the wrong context.

- I was not "moaning" rather I was simply trying to offer advice to increase the clarity of your points, unfortunately you adversly reacted, perhaps you're stressed, perhaps you're angry I have no idea. But here's another piece of advice, stop overreacting.

- Ironic that you should accuse me of using a word in an incorrect context when you do the exact same thing yourself.

- My definition of a self-respecting user is one who makes up their own minds rather than being barraged into agreeing with what an arrogant ignoramus like yourself regularly espouses.

- I believe I have exibited a good grasp of the English language in all my posts thus far, on what basis do you assert that I have a lack of vocabulary?
If you want me to respond to you I'll happily do so if you post an "ask cm_millionaire" but incase you hadn't noticed, your turning this thread into a personal battle instead of actually discussing the topic at hand.

And I have looked at your post history....maybe you should go discuss WWE and save the hip hop debates for people in the know about the genre. :D

AND ppppllleeeaaasse don't reply with another 'rebuttal' because the tedious way you structure these things bore me and probably every one of the 1000+ users who have viewed this thread to talk about overrated hip hop artists.

cm_millionaire said:
If you want me to respond to you I'll happily do so if you post an "ask cm_millionaire" but incase you hadn't noticed, your turning this thread into a personal battle instead of actually discussing the topic at hand.

And I have looked at your post history....maybe you should go discuss WWE and save the hip hop debates for people in the know about the genre. :D

AND ppppllleeeaaasse don't reply with another 'rebuttal' because the tedious way you structure these things bore me and probably every one of the 1000+ users who have viewed this thread to talk about overrated hip hop artists.
You've indisputably proven you are unable to have a cogent debate with me. Good day.

aban said:
Why cant he be like MLK or Malcom X?? what did those guys do that tupac wouldnt do, tupacs was ready to die for his fuckin people and if he grew up in the 1950's he wouldve been doing the same thing and more than Malcom x. Remember n00b tupac was gonna help a lot of people too, but he died early. And when you say he has a bad flow do you mean like as bad as 50cent and chinghy? he has 2 classics like it or not.

Also tupac is in his own league
I've been registered here longer than you, idiot.

I said 2Pac had a bad flow, not 2Pac a bad flow compared to Chingy or 50 Cent. Try not to take everything to heart kid. And stop talking on Pac as if he was a saviour or a revolutionary figure, it's pathetic and typical of the average 15 year old Tupac Shakur obessive.

Zero Cool said:
You've indisputably proven you are unable to have a cogent debate with me. Good day.
debate? I think you need to get out a bit more if you consider this to be a debate. I've indisputably proven I WON'T entertain your extraneous and digressive jibes in a thread entitled "The Top 5 Most Overrated rappers in the industry" because quite frankly it's a waste of my time and I'd rather talk about hip hop than compete with your trusty online Webster dictionary.

Good night Vienna.
And now back the topic of hip hop....

MLK was instrumental in the progress of the Civil Rights movement.

You know who Rosa Parks is right? Who was the voice of the Birmingham Bus Boycott? MLK.

Who acheived a feat that few black men of the time could claim when he actually made some white people listen up? MLK.

Who, through his religious background & constant quoting of the Bible, made it hard for the racist white groups to demonize him & thus, other black people? MLK.

To go into MLK's history & profound effect on the Civils Rights movement would be a lengthy & somewhat arduous task & frankly, I can't be bothered. Read up yourself.

As for Malcolm X, I'll just say he is a shining example of the advancement of a human being. He went from nobody, to drug dealer, to inspirational - yet racist - spokesman for the N.O.I & then came to see that all human beings are equal.

Like MLK, there is so much more to him but I don't have the time nor inclination to accomodate you. Once again, read up & be illuminated.

cm_millionaire said:
NaS NaS NaS = overrated overrated overrated
Nas may get outshined by luda on a couple tracks, but Nas albums murder all of luda's

Luda's albums are gettin progressively worst and he never made a classic. Redlight District, and Chicken and Beer were horrible

Luda couldnt make a classic album to save his life

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.