The Top 5 Most Overrated rappers in the industry

tHuG $TyLe

Staff member
cm_millionaire said:
Bullshit.
You havent heard any of the artists I've named; if you had you would give me a real reason why your wrong. Every album MF Doom has released has got 5 stars, his catalogue is far better than Nas' just like the rest of them I mentioned.
You don't know fuck all about hip hop if you really think NaS is better than any of the artists I mentioned.
Go listen to some Britney.
5 stars by who?

So someone doesn't agree with you, they know nothing about Hip Hop? and should listen to Britney?

Thats cool, as long as you keep your ears open then your entitled to your opinion. I just dont like it when people consider somebody the greatest mc alive when they havent heard anything besides radio and tv. Nas is a great story teller but to me he is not the greatest of all time, and Silleone kick the fuck back and relax. Believe what you want to believe but dont take everything I say up your ass. Chill out I dont really believe that whoever said Rakim was overrated is really on crack, I just disagree so calm your internet thug ass down.

ARon

cm_millionaire said:
Maybe you people just need to listen to hip hop more and set your standards higher.
And its go listen to RAP, not hip hop. Anyways.
That comment should really be said to you.
Your probably one of those people who think just becuase it is from the "underground" it is tight, or im gonna bump this cus no one else is. The way your acting its obvious almost.

I love Doom and Saigon but Doom is barely held up by his production, other than that he is average. And Pap is a better emcee than Saigon in almost every area except for "the message" he delivers.
On a side note, wouldn't you rather want to say Sage Francis rather than Francis Sage. Since his name is, well, Sage Francis.

BTW did I forget mentioning that Stillmatic was one of these classic albums that shows how Nas is one of the most creative rappers ever? Just think about it cm you can't take any credit away from Nas and you know it.

Peace

2pacdalegend247 said:
I listen to alot of mcs trust me and I think Nas is the best alive.. I listen to Immortal, Bis, Rass, Crooked I etc.... It's not cus I don't listen to enough...
nas is not better than crooked i lyrically, never

nas & eminem, jay-z are three of the most overrated mcs on the planet

Rakim is not overrated at all, underrated by others.

Nas is overrated by some, underrated by others.
2Pac is overrated by some & blindly overrated by others. (No mistakes)
Jay is overrated by some, underrated by others.
Biggie is overrated by some, underrated by others.
Eminem is overrated by a lot of people, underrated by others.

By this, you may think I'm overrating Ra but I'm not really, I'm just giving props where they're due. I think some recognize his contribution while others don't - but I don't thnik his contribution & skills have ever been overrated.

Nas is not a better lyricist than Crooked I when it comes to punchlines & shit, but I think he's better than Crooked when it coems to 'painting pictures' & storytelling.

CalcuoCuchicheo said:
That said, I think few dispute Tupac's artistic merits, more his actual mic skills.
My point exactly, many people highly underrate his talents on the mic. I don't believe he's technically the G.O.A.T. MC (he is the greatest artist IMO) but the way some people view it, it's like Pac had no talent on the mic at all.

M.C.Chillz said:
Thats cool, as long as you keep your ears open then your entitled to your opinion. I just dont like it when people consider somebody the greatest mc alive when they havent heard anything besides radio and tv. Nas is a great story teller but to me he is not the greatest of all time, and Silleone kick the fuck back and relax. Believe what you want to believe but dont take everything I say up your ass. Chill out I dont really believe that whoever said Rakim was overrated is really on crack, I just disagree so calm your internet thug ass down.
I agree entirely.

It's not that I think my opinion is superior to anybody else's but I think I have more validity in what I say because without listening to a good amount of hip hop you don't have a big enough foundation to make an informed opinion.

Shit, I download about 40 hip hop tracks a day and there are still cat's out there that know more than me but all the same when I see a post saying: "Insert rapper I havent heard of here" is better than Saigon (my fav emcee at the moment) Upon seeing that I don't bitch and moan and insult everyone, I take some time out to go listen to said rapper and then post a reply after listening to a decent amount of material from that artist - that way my opinion has merit and I can point out why I think each respective rapper is superior and in what ways.

Now how many of you can be honest and say you've listened to a large amount of any of the artists I've mentioned? I'd say 90% of you can't and that what pisses me off because you arent informed enough to make an opinion. Before you make posts disagreeing with me and bitching about my list you should actually take a look at where someone like NaS fits in to today's hip hop genre. He is no longer the best rapper alive, he was ten years ago but their are tons of better rappers out there now...

Trouble is the majority you havent heard them so your opinions are just flawed. I'm gonna have more respect for your opinion if you actually listen to Doom, Saigon, Franics, Edan, Beans and a list of about a hundred others I could give you then come back and be like "NO, NaS is better because compared to this album and that album and this guys flow etc". But there hasn't been one single post in this thread like that.

The truth is Jada and NaS are over rated but I don't expect you to know that unless you listen to a lot tight underground artists or non mainstream acts.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.