The Top 5 Most Overrated rappers in the industry

cm_millionaire said:
You think 'Stillmatic' is a classic just because The Source gave it five mics? there is five good songs on that album so it could have been a classic EP - Lost Tapes on the other hand is dope and I'm very close to calling it a Classic. But that's just it.

Illmatic = CLASSIC
It Was Written = Average
I Am = Horrible
Nastradamus = DISGUSTING
Stillmatic = Average (I'm being nice!)
Lost Tapes = Near Classic
God's Son = Average
Streets Disciple = Average (would have been good if it was cut down to a single disc but that's always the case)

OVER THE SPACE OF HIS CAREER (8 albums):
Good albums = 2
Average = 4
Bad albums = 2

Now that is overated! Maybe you people just need to listen to hip hop more and set your standards higher because I bet my bottom dollar the majority of people contributing to this thread ive never even heard of the artists I mentioned earlier on.
I think stillmatic is classic cuz i listened to it. You need to understand that your opinion is just that...a opinion. Whats wack to u may be tight/classic to somebody else..

imo..

Illmatic - 5 mics
It Was Written 4.5 mics
I Am - 4 mics
Nastradamus 3.5-4 mics
Stillmatic - 5 mics
Lost Tapes - 5 mics
Godson - 4 mics
Streets Disciple - 4 - 4.5 mics

what are the five good songs ur talkin about on stillmatic? all tha tracks are ill... the intro, rewind, what goes around, one mic, your da man, 2nd childhood, flyest gangstas, rule, ether, got urself a gun

thats 11 dope tracks right there

how is jay z not more overrated than nas? as much biting as he does??? and u dont think jay z is overrated? ....

cm_millionaire said:
You think 'Stillmatic' is a classic just because The Source gave it five mics? there is five good songs on that album so it could have been a classic EP - Lost Tapes on the other hand is dope and I'm very close to calling it a Classic. But that's just it.

Illmatic = CLASSIC
It Was Written = Average
I Am = Horrible
Nastradamus = DISGUSTING
Stillmatic = Average (I'm being nice!)
Lost Tapes = Near Classic
God's Son = Average
Streets Disciple = Average (would have been good if it was cut down to a single disc but that's always the case)

OVER THE SPACE OF HIS CAREER (8 albums):
Good albums = 2
Average = 4
Bad albums = 2

Now that is overated! Maybe you people just need to listen to hip hop more and set your standards higher because I bet my bottom dollar the majority of people contributing to this thread ive never even heard of the artists I mentioned earlier on.

Illmatic = 5 Mics
It Was Written = 4 Mics
I Am = 4 Mics
Nastradamus = 3 Mics
Stillmatic = 5 Mics
Lost Tapes = 5 Mics
God's Son = 4.5 Mics
Streets Disciple = 4 Mics

That is not over-rated

Zero Cool said:
A few months ago you were proclaiming Streets Disciple as the most complete double album ever, now you only rate it as average. Why the sudden turnaround?
In terms of hip hop albums I think it is the most complete double album recorded. It's refreshing and features some excellent tracks but it's still a double album. I have no doubts that this would be a solid single album but its not.

Rather Unique said:
Illmatic = 5 Mics
It Was Written = 4 Mics
I Am = 4 Mics
Nastradamus = 3 Mics
Stillmatic = 5 Mics
Lost Tapes = 5 Mics
God's Son = 4.5 Mics
Streets Disciple = 4 Mics

That is not over-rated
Your a victim of media.
The Source have given some wack albums 4 or 5 mics.
They gave Ja's last album 4 and before all the shit with 50 were giving him 4. They gave a Puffy album 4 as well.
It means nothing - their is no prestiage involved in recieving mics - just politics. Anyone who gives those mics out need their head's checking but if you want to base your whole opinion on a wack corrupt magazine feel free.

cm_millionaire said:
Your a victim of media.
The Source have given some wack albums 4 or 5 mics.
They gave Ja's last album 4 and before all the shit with 50 were giving him 4. They gave a Puffy album 4 as well.
It means nothing - their is no prestiage involved in recieving mics - just politics. Anyone who gives those mics out need their head's checking but if you want to base your whole opinion on a wack corrupt magazine feel free.
those are my opinons of the albums, thats not what the source gave them :thumb:

2pacnbiggie said:
I think stillmatic is classic cuz i listened to it. You need to understand that your opinion is just that...a opinion. Whats wack to u may be tight/classic to somebody else..

imo..

Illmatic - 5 mics
It Was Written 4.5 mics
I Am - 4 mics
Nastradamus 3.5-4 mics
Stillmatic - 5 mics
Lost Tapes - 5 mics
Godson - 4 mics
Streets Disciple - 4 - 4.5 mics

what are the five good songs ur talkin about on stillmatic? all tha tracks are ill... the intro, rewind, what goes around, one mic, your da man, 2nd childhood, flyest gangstas, rule, ether, got urself a gun

thats 11 dope tracks right there

how is jay z not more overrated than nas? as much biting as he does??? and u dont think jay z is overrated? ....
Difference is son..unlike ninety percent of the people on this board is I know what good hip hop is because I make an effort to cop everything I can find when it drops on the underground. 90% of people on this board are mainstream heads who wouldn't know a good rapper even if he popped up on MTV one day.

No one listens to it unless its on the radio and thats why everyone thinks NaS is tight because you have nothing to compare him to.

cm_millionaire said:
Difference is son..unlike ninety percent of the people on this board is I know what good hip hop is because I make an effort to cop everything I can find when it drops on the underground. 90% of people on this board are mainstream heads who wouldn't know a good rapper even if he popped up on MTV one day.

No one listens to it unless its on the radio and thats why everyone thinks NaS is tight because you have nothing to compare him to.
Like I said, what you consider to be good hip hop maybe trash to other people, at the end of the day it all comes down to opinions.

Nas isnt more overrated than Jay Z

I don't agree with Nas at all, come on be serious my man. Nas is one of the only rappers that's been in the rap game for more than 10 years and dropped some classic rap albums and you're calling him overrated. That's wrong, I don't agree with you on that saying he is overrated but that's imo. Because if you really take a look to rappers these days, he's probably one of the best in the same league as Talib, Crooked I, Ras Kass and many more dope lyricist.

Peace

Nas has always been underrated in USA...He's one of american rappers the most respected in Europe,specially in France
He's the last real rapper alive,that's official

Biggie is overrated
Rakim is overrated
50 is overrated
Jay-Z is overrated

roaches

Nas has always been underrated in USA...He's one of american rappers the most respected in Europe,specially in France
He's the last real rapper alive,that's official

Biggie is overrated
Rakim is overrated
50 is overrated
Jay-Z is overrated
French taste in hip-hop is overrated, too, huh?

MAKaveli_10 said:
What the fuck is wrong with you. I still thing 2pac and outlawz are underrated.!!! fuck

the outlawz(minus kadafi and fatal)are fucking back up dancers, they just take pacs words and summerize them and give us a verse of the corney bullshit.

pac should have just made hitemup featuring Kadafi and Fatal, the other niggaz are fucking clown shoes.

2pac is also the most overrated rapper in this history of man kind, after him its eminem,.

Whoever said rakim is overrated is on some crack, 2pac is definitely not overrated listen to his message. No artist can make you relate to what that person is saying like 2pac can.

I don't agree with Nas and Jada being on there... 50 definitely belongs on the list as does Cam and Game sorta even though im a fan of his.. But seriously how is Nas overrated? How is Jada overrated? Both of them are 2 of the illest mcs alive.. And in my opinion Nas is the best mc alive...

Nas is definitely not the best mc alive, the reason why people say Nas is overrated is because other people say he is the best alive. People keep your ears open and you will find many mc's that will entertain you more than Nas.

M.C.Chillz said:
Whoever said rakim is overrated is on some crack, 2pac is definitely not overrated listen to his message. No artist can make you relate to what that person is saying like 2pac can.
lol, so someone saying rakim is overrated is on crack but someone saying pac is overated is wrong :rolleyes:, shut the fuck up, leave it at that.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online