The Top 5 Most Overrated rappers in the industry

Hellrazor1978 said:
2Pac the most overrated lyricist?? Hardly. If anything he is UNDERRATED as a lyricist. Pac could use multis, complex wordplay, and punchlines if he so desired to do so.

He preferred to keep it simple though, because he was all about the message. The message itself is, afterall, FAR more important wordplay, metaphors, etc etc......people in the struggle dont give a fuck how clever your wordplay is. They gonna relate to what Pac is saying.

Anyway, top 5 most overrated rapppers alive:

1. Eminem
2. 50 Cent
3. Jay Z
4. Ludacris
5. Kanye West

Eminem and Jay Z are both two of the most overrated rappers of all time.

:thumb: :thumb:

Hellrazor1978 said:
2Pac the most overrated lyricist?? Hardly. If anything he is UNDERRATED as a lyricist. Pac could use multis, complex wordplay, and punchlines if he so desired to do so.
Possibly true, but the fact remains that he chose not to. Therefore he should never be mentioned when talking about the all time great lyricists.

Then again Everybody has their strengths, just because you arn't a class A lyricist doesn't mean you are a bad rapper.

Kayne West is garbage in my opinion. His whole soul sampling buillshit is getting rather annoying. I don't know how this guy went two times plat. Then again I don't know how 50 sold 1.1 mil in 4 days. CM_Millionaire nice posts. Atleast you have some reasoning behind your opinions unlike some dogmatic posts up in this bitch.

Diddy7 said:
Kayne West is garbage in my opinion. His whole soul sampling buillshit is getting rather annoying. I don't know how this guy went two times plat. Then again I don't know how 50 sold 1.1 mil in 4 days. CM_Millionaire nice posts. Atleast you have some reasoning behind your opinions unlike some dogmatic posts up in this bitch.
Much appreciated dog. :thumb:

Rosco said:
Possibly true, but the fact remains that he chose not to. Therefore he should never be mentioned when talking about the all time great lyricists.

Then again Everybody has their strengths, just because you arn't a class A lyricist doesn't mean you are a bad rapper.
Well, yea, I was kinda speaking from an overall standpoint.....

as far as all time greats go, Pac should be on everyones list right about now. Just based on the fact he is the biggest icon the genre has ever seen.

cm_millionaire said:
Hahaha. You thought I was talking about Beanie Sigel you dumbass.
That says it all!
Don't front like you've heard of anyone I mentioned cuz you aint.
Nas has had one classic album. Get over it.
at the end of the day, they dont have the same catalog as nas they not better than him

2pacnbiggie said:
at the end of the day, they dont have the same catalog as nas they not better than him
Bullshit.
You havent heard any of the artists I've named; if you had you would give me a real reason why your wrong. Every album MF Doom has released has got 5 stars, his catalogue is far better than Nas' just like the rest of them I mentioned.
You don't know fuck all about hip hop if you really think NaS is better than any of the artists I mentioned.
Go listen to some Britney.

Jya Z
Kanye West (even tho I like some of his shit)
Eminem (he's all a gimmick, first he was a clown, now he's trying to be serious)
50 Cent (Snitches are always overrated)
Fat Joe (After reading some reviews of how he stepped his game up I still don't like his ass)

Anyways these are my opinions N' I could give a fucc what any yall say

oh Yeah fucc Jay Z, I hate his ass, can't stand any of his songs and it's not because of pac either, it's just I can't stand his flow or voice

^^Intro? what are you on about dog?
Let me clarify this for peeps who don't understand...
1.) None of the artists I mentioned have made an album superior to Illmatic. That album will and probably always be the best hip hop album ever created IMO.
2.) All of the artists I mentioned have made albums better than everything else in the NaS catalogue.

Granted with the exception of a few, these dudes might not rap as dope as NaS did in 94 but they are all better than the 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 03, 04 and 05 versions NaS.

cm_millionaire said:
^^Intro? what are you on about dog?
Let me clarify this for peeps who don't understand...
1.) None of the artists I mentioned have made an album superior to Illmatic. That album will and probably always be the best hip hop album ever created IMO.
2.) All of the artists I mentioned have made albums better than everything else in the NaS catalogue.

Granted with the exception of a few, these dudes might not rap as dope as NaS did in 94 but they are all better than the 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 03, 04 and 05 versions NaS.
Have those rappers made more creative songs such as:

I Gave You Power
Black Girl Lost
If I Ruled The World
Small World
Undying Love
2nd Childhood
Posion
Blaze a 50
Black Zombie
Fetus
Get Down
Book Of Rhymes

Which were all realsed after 94

2pacnbiggie said:
lol theres far more overrated rappers than nas...

50 cent, eminem, jay z, to name a few.

Illmatic, Stillmatic, Lost Tapes = Classics
You think 'Stillmatic' is a classic just because The Source gave it five mics? there is five good songs on that album so it could have been a classic EP - Lost Tapes on the other hand is dope and I'm very close to calling it a Classic. But that's just it.

Illmatic = CLASSIC
It Was Written = Average
I Am = Horrible
Nastradamus = DISGUSTING
Stillmatic = Average (I'm being nice!)
Lost Tapes = Near Classic
God's Son = Average
Streets Disciple = Average (would have been good if it was cut down to a single disc but that's always the case)

OVER THE SPACE OF HIS CAREER (8 albums):
Good albums = 2
Average = 4
Bad albums = 2

Now that is overated! Maybe you people just need to listen to hip hop more and set your standards higher because I bet my bottom dollar the majority of people contributing to this thread ive never even heard of the artists I mentioned earlier on.

cm_millionaire said:
Streets Disciple = Average (would have been good if it was cut down to a single disc but that's always the case)
A few months ago you were proclaiming Streets Disciple as the most complete double album ever, now you only rate it as average. Why the sudden turnaround?

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online