The Top 5 Most Overrated rappers in the industry

cm_millionaire said:
^
Tupac is not underrated at all by anyone; he is still regarded as the poster boy of hip hop even nine years after his passing. It's damn near impossible for anyone to say a negative word about 2Pac (even if it's warranted) without causing an overactive uproar from almost everyone. Personally I tend to stray away from mentioning him on this forum because it's obvious people magnify the quality of his work just 'because he's 2Pac - the legend'.
Was that directed at me :confused:

VENOMOUS

On Probation: Please report any break in the guide
Aristotle said:
Everyone is an MTV groupie, that is why you don't see people calling them overrated, cus they overrate them themselves.
I say this to everyone who is just getting into Saigon, just go get Warning Shots, not his best but damn good and a good start.
:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

cm_millionaire said:
^
Tupac is not underrated at all by anyone; he is still regarded as the poster boy of hip hop even nine years after his passing. It's damn near impossible for anyone to say a negative word about 2Pac (even if it's warranted) without causing an overactive uproar from almost everyone. Personally I tend to stray away from mentioning him on this forum because it's obvious people magnify the quality of his work just 'because he's 2Pac - the legend'.

Your signature:The legends: Kool G Rap, Ice Cube, Big Daddy Kane, 2Pac Shakur, Nas, Biz Markie, Gangstar, Brand Numbian, Rakim, KRS One, Dr. Dre, Notorious B.I.G, A Tribe Called Quest, The Sugarhill Gang, King Tee
The dopest rappers in the game: MF Doom & Saigon

Aaahh...

Saaphir said:
Your signature:The legends: Kool G Rap, Ice Cube, Big Daddy Kane, 2Pac Shakur, Nas, Biz Markie, Gangstar, Brand Numbian, Rakim, KRS One, Dr. Dre, Notorious B.I.G, A Tribe Called Quest, The Sugarhill Gang, King Tee
The dopest rappers in the game: MF Doom & Saigon

Aaahh...
Well done. You can read.
Him making AEOM and MK7DT had nothing to do with me adding him either.

cm_millionaire said:
Well done. You can read.
Him making AEOM and MK7DT had nothing to do with me adding him either.
Of course...You added him in your legends list because of his average flow and his so-so lyrics...

Take it easy, but you make me giggle! ;)

Peace.

ARon

Tupac is overrated, yes. He can put out the wakest shit and people will think it is amazing, take Hit em Up for example, if it was made by anyone else people would be callin it one of the worst diss tracks ever. Tracks good but it aint that tight like everyone thinks it is.All Eyes on Me, heh, dope album but too many half ass tracks and some of the production was wak, but yet again, we got people callin it classic and shit, get the fuck out. So yes people overrate the shit out of his flow, lyrics, metaphors, anything that has to do with being an emcee pretty much. What makes him the greatest is the way he was able to touch your heart, make grown men cry, and be the voice of a culture, a nation, we havn't seen something like that since Marvin Gaye, that is what makes Tupac so damn amazing as an artist, not some punchline or some "real" verse, his heart. So stop getting shit twisted.

cm_millionaire said:
1.) 50 CENT
"Cuz you go platinum it don't mean that ya ill / It just means a million people can't judge skill"
- Basic lyrics
- Publicity whore
- Probably only got signed because Em saw the potential in marketing someone who's been shot nine times and survived to tell the tale (it's just a shame Saigon aint taken a few more bullets)
- Smackdown / Raw beef with nearly every rapper alive.

2.) JADAKISS
"You can't be serious with a flow that fleeting / cats only love your voice when the hoe stop speaking"
- Aphorrent Flow
- Supremely Over rated as a lyricist
- Bandwagon jumper - unoriginal and tries to recreate what has already been done and proven to be successful. The epitomy of uncreative.
- And I've never heard anyone from NYC say they do actually like his voice so I'm guessing with all that crack going to his head, he thinks that Styles and Sheek represent the entire population of Newyork.

3.) NaS
"One was nah...the other was Illmatic / That's a one hot album every ten year average"
- Inconsistant - It Was Written, I Am and Nastradamus all suck
- From album to album he adopts personas borrowed from other rappers and subtly tweaks them to suit his style. Back in 96' he was on that Biggie shit, more recently he's been imitating Pac far too much for my liking.
- Has never moved real units not for want of trying, particularly between 95 - 2000. To his credit however, with the emergence of his latest LP it would appear he is finally comfortable in his own shoes.
- Even after we all thought NaS had finally 'sorted it out' in the post oochie wally wally epoch he had to go and drop the wackness that was 'Zone Out' and everything on that turd of an excuse for an album that the Bravehearts put out.

4.) CAMRON
"you rent-a-mobsters fester like melestors to pray on / aint nuthin but childs play, composition crayon"
- More wack nursery rhyme basic lyrics.
- Has a tendency to finish each line with the same word as he used in the line before to rhyme; that's just wack.
- Switch up your limited subject matter dude! There is only so much Coke, guns and fast cars I can take on one album.
- Despite what he's been saying, 'Purple Haze' didn't flop through lack of promotion from Def Jam, it flopped because it was probably the worst thing to come out of Rocafella since the rumors they had signed Victoria Beckham to a rap contract.

5.) GAME
"and if they real g's why don't u see em in the streets / without sixty three body gaurds and off duty police?"
- Name dropping. How many more times can a dude mention Pac, Dre, Jay Z, Nas, 50 Cent, Eazy E, NWA or Biggie on one album without admitting he's actually attempting a guiness world 'wackness' record?
- Bites like a mutha fucker. I know Jay is supposed to be the biggest criminal when it comes to this but not even his debut was filled with so much stolen shit.
- Without 50 he wouldn't sell and that says a lot considering he's on arguably the most successful rap label of the era. He's got 2 singles out both featuring 50, been on the billboards for 7 weeks and only just gone platinum.

lets c
1.2pac
2.2pac
3.2pac
4.2pac
5.2pac :eek:

Aristotle said:
Tupac is overrated, yes. He can put out the wakest shit and people will think it is amazing, take Hit em Up for example, if it was made by anyone else people would be callin it one of the worst diss tracks ever.
In a word, bullshit. It may not be technically among the best but it damn sure isn't among the worst.

Zero Cool said:
In a word, bullshit. It may not be technically among the best but it damn sure isn't among the worst.
Dude, lets put this in prospective. Over half of the material from the archives that has been released since Pac's death has been wack. L2TG is an awful album (Not just because of Pac) yet I still see posts saying it's album of the year; the only time hardcore 2Pac fans ever admit that an album is below par is when they attribute it to poor production or guest appearances.
Like Roaches said recently...people on this board have given 2pac 'holy cow' status.

ArtsyGirl

Originally Posted by Aristotle
Everyone is an MTV groupie, that is why you don't see people calling them overrated, cus they overrate them themselves.
I say this to everyone who is just getting into Saigon, just go get Warning Shots, not his best but damn good and a good start.
Obviously there are alot on this board but my point was just because people may disagree with cm's list or opinion doesnt automatically make them an MTV groupie.

I dont consider Pac the greatest lyricist, but I dont think that is all that makes a rapper. He had attributes that no other rapper can match but not from lack of trying.

cm_millionaire said:
Don't front like you've heard of anyone I mentioned cuz you aint.
"nobody knows the best rappers in the world except me. and not only that, the rest of the world is stupid because all of the best rappers in the world don't sell any records and nobody recognizes how good they are except me."

shut the FUCK up with this shit.

And yo, if there's a 'beef' board, can there be a 'haters' board to give everybody who hates certain rappers (enough to obsess about them all the time and write pages about how much they suck) to go? Why not just make positive posts about the rappers you like? You can't ignore the rappers you don't like, or respect people's opinions if they like those rappers?

stillkilluminati said:
"nobody knows the best rappers in the world except me. and not only that, the rest of the world is stupid because all of the best rappers in the world don't sell any records and nobody recognizes how good they are except me."

shut the FUCK up with this shit.

And yo, if there's a 'beef' board, can there be a 'haters' board to give everybody who hates certain rappers (enough to obsess about them all the time and write pages about how much they suck) to go? Why not just make positive posts about the rappers you like? You can't ignore the rappers you don't like, or respect people's opinions if they like those rappers?
LMFAO! "Do you dudes read posts or do you just skim thru it"?
Before you pop ya collar rude boy let me enlighten you...

1) I never said I know more about hip hop than everyone on this board because I don't - in fact I quite clearly stated that I download 40 new tracks a day and still aint' got 'shit' on some people.
2) I don't 'hate' any rapper and if you read up on my posts before jumping to the last page you'll see I've given NaS more than enough props in the past and in this thread. Fuck, I don't even hate 50 Cent and he's the one rapper I dislike more than anyone else at the moment.
3) I'm not gonna take anyone's opinions seriously if they tell me they think:
- 'Nastradamus' aint that bad
- 'I Am' is above average
- 'It Was Written' is a near / classic
sorry I'm just not....it's laughable.

perhaps you should read my other posts so I don't have to correct your false assuptions.

Flipmo

VIP Member
Staff member
Do you know Nas is not known for his wordplay, punchlines or incredible lyracism. He's known to paint a very vivid picture with his rhymes. Sometimes, he raps out to many details in a song, you can close your eyes and see yourself at that spot. His creativity is undeniable. Nas is probably one of the only artists you haven't seen creeping all over the TV trying to promote clothing lines, under-arm, or cars even. All he's done that has been remotly outta his way was do a great movie like Belly. The man has stayed true to himself and didn't go all over trying to be Mr. Hollywood. Unlike most Mc nowadays. Nas at this moment is Hiphop.

Whoever said Rakim is over-rated... Bitch, I should make you eat 'Follow the Leader' for saying something like that.

Edit: Keep in mind, this is my opinion, so don't be braking my balls now.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online