So, who wanna hear another Benzino song dissing Eminem?

CalcuoCuchicheo said:
Yeah the Marvin dude with the skull cap, he had some lines. In the auditions he spit some shit about, 'turn my back on you like Puff did Shyne' and that got a good reaction.

As for fatty being horrible, I think his style is one that you either love or hate... then again I just liked it.
LOL, and I hated it. I was surprised that the judges, one of whom was Em's manager didn't pass on fatty. His voice annoyed me like really fucking bad. I couldn't understand hardly a fucking word homeboy said.

man....I gota go, the oxycontin just kicked in. lol

I just...I personally see Benzino has started this whole fucking thing. He's desperate to discredit Em and or rid him of his status as much if not moreso than Suge wants Dre humiliating.
That's true as Benzino needs Eminem to blow up. Who teh fuck knew who Benzino was a couple of years ago?
Whereas Suge is already a power, & only clowns Dre for fun....or so it seems (I think Suge can hold a grudge with the best of them)

CalcuoCuchicheo said:
That's true as Benzino needs Eminem to blow up. Who teh fuck knew who Benzino was a couple of years ago?
Whereas Suge is already a power, & only clowns Dre for fun....or so it seems (I think Suge can hold a grudge with the best of them)
In Benzino's case, I think it's sad that he doesn't have a problem with the fact that he's kinda more famous now for being "the man alwasy pissed at Eminem than he is for owning The Source.

As for Suge, I don't think he clowns Dre for fun at all. See, Suge's thing is that he wants Dre dead. Don't think for a second he doesn't. As I said either here or in another thread, Suge hate's Dre more than anything because Death Row STARTED going downhill when Dre left. I mean, let's be honest here, the only 2 reasons DR continued to stay competitive for so long after his departure were 2 men named Snoop Dogg Dogg and Tupac Shakur. Now, Dre has literally done on his own what Suge knows he can't...succesfully run the best label in town.

However, after all this is said and done, Suge will not "order" Dre's death because he knows that if something even remotely suspicious happens to Dre, Suge is the first person people will look at. Personally, I'm surprised that Suge actually ordered the drive by on Snoop's house. Especially so close to after Pimp Slap'd was out.

jason_g_718 said:
That's the cool thing about the 8 Mile DVD. If you go to the extras they have a 10 minute thing where they had a contest during lunch breaks during the shooting. They had 140 people sign up to battle. Narrowed it down to the top 5 and those top 5 got to get on stage and LITERALLY battle Eminem.

It was real interesting to see him on the stage actually battling people, like REAL true battling. It was pretty cool to watch. Funny thing is, the stuff he spit on the extras against the 5 participants were better than his scripted battles for the movie.
lol sorry but canibus vs eminem is sumthing bigger than sum top 5 picked out of 140 rappers who were around...^...we are talking about canibus here man..lol...

jason_g_718 said:
Em would hardly be the first to comment or use a persons medical condition in a rap.

"Oh yah Mobb Deep (uhh)
You wanna fuck with us
You Little young ass mutha-f**kas
Don't one of you niggas got sickle-cell or something
You fucking with me, nigga ?
You fuck around and catch a seizure or a heart-attack
You better back the fuck up
Before you get smacked the fuck up"

That ring a bell?
are we talking bout quitter? cuz that song was fuckin unoriginal that was some real biting lol..it seems that whenever eminem disses other rappers he uses other disstracks to make his own...

jason_g_718 said:
OK, let me explain myself better. When I said I don't think Em was being blatant, I didn't mean in terms of how straight forward or subliminal the diss was. I meant I didn't think he was being blatant from the aspect of him spitting that line with the intention of being like "fuck you benzino, fuck you and your whole fucking magazine". I just think he was basically saying "just because Benzino doesn't give a rapper 5 mics doesn't mean anything other than that's his opinion".

I just...I personally think Benzino has started this whole fucking thing. He's desperate to discredit Em and or rid him of his status as much if not moreso than Suge wants Dre humiliated.
hold up wait wait, i remember even dre sayin at one time that the source ppl asked him what he wanted the 2001 cd rated as.......and he said make your own rating, so they did. that doesnt mean they dissin him,
and add that em mightve thought that sslp and mmlp were classics because everyones proud of their own achievements, but the truth is sslp was OK, and mmlp was tight as fuck, but there was a lil filler.

im not knockin those albums cos that was em at his peak, mmlp was like the best album to come out in 2001. but it doesnt feel like a classic.

jason_g_718 said:
Death Row STARTED going downhill when Dre left. I mean, let's be honest here, the only 2 reasons DR continued to stay competitive for so long after his departure were 2 men named Snoop Dogg Dogg and Tupac Shakur
aban said:
shut the fuck up STAN. DEATHROW didnt go donwhill after dres departure, When tupac died and SUGE went to jail it went downhill.
Aban's reply proves that his I.Q. is equivalent to the current temperature in Philadelphia.

Current Conditions for Philadelphia, PA (19134)
17°F
Feels Like
5°F
aban said:
Dre didnt do jack shit at DEATHROW.
Really?

aban said:
Dre is not a gangsta nor is EMINEM
Neither are you.

aban said:
THUG LIFE bitch, you aint livin it
^

Hurts said:
lol sorry but canibus vs eminem is sumthing bigger than sum top 5 picked out of 140 rappers who were around...^...we are talking about canibus here man..lol...
How do you know?

Just because a person is still underground doesn't mean they're not as good as or better than famous rappers.

The first place guy, some dude named Marvin was fucking spit hella fire. That dude was better in my opinion than 85-90% of the rappers in the game today.

Hurts said:
are we talking bout quitter? cuz that song was fuckin unoriginal that was some real biting lol..it seems that whenever eminem disses other rappers he uses other disstracks to make his own...
What the fuck are you talking about?

The lyrics I posted that you responded to are from 2pac, not Eminem. Nobody even mentioned Quitter, which was a good diss BTW.

aban said:
shut the fuck up STAN. DEATHROW didnt go donwhill after dres departure, When tupac died and SUGE went to jail it went downhill. Dre didnt do jack shit at DEATHROW. If SUGE wanted dre dead hed fuckin shoot him, is your brain that fuckin thick to figure this shit out. Dre is not a gangsta nor is EMINEM

THUG LIFE bitch, you aint livin it
LOL, dude, you really never cease to amaze me with your lack of intelligence.

I didn't say DR went downhill after Dre's departure. I said it STARTED going downhill, and it did. You're right, DR completely fell off when Pac and Snoop left, which is pretty much what I said. It started falling off when Dre left, Snoop and Pac were the only reasons they stayed competitive after Dre left, and when Pac was killed and Snoop left, BOOM. they were done.

Saying Dre didn't do shit at DR is ludicrous. He produced the two albums that skyrocketed the label to superstardom.

Also, I never said Dre and Eminem were gangsta, I don't really care about that shit.

sniper said:
hold up wait wait, i remember even dre sayin at one time that the source ppl asked him what he wanted the 2001 cd rated as.......and he said make your own rating, so they did. that doesnt mean they dissin him,
and add that em mightve thought that sslp and mmlp were classics because everyones proud of their own achievements, but the truth is sslp was OK, and mmlp was tight as fuck, but there was a lil filler.

im not knockin those albums cos that was em at his peak, mmlp was like the best album to come out in 2001. but it doesnt feel like a classic.
Huh? I'm not even sure where your comment about 2001 came from. Where did that even come into this?

Either way, I hated the SSLP. I DO think that the Marshall Mathers LP and Eminem Show are both classics though.

On MMLP, the only filler songs you have are Amityville and Remember Me.

On the Eminem Show, the only filler song was Drips. But, I also don't think that a classic album can't have filler songs because I don't think I've EVER had an album that didn't have at least one filler song. Never had a CD where there wasn't at least one song that I was like "that completely sucks".

Actually, come to think of it, yes, I can. The ONLY album I've ever bought where I liked every damn song on the CD was Kid Rock's "Devil Without A Cause".

Frank Grimes said:
umm, if an album has filler's it isnt a classic. CLassic = flawless
I don't agree, because I think everyone in here pretty much would agree that All Eyez On Me is a classic album but it had some filler songs like "Got My Mind Made UP". That is a fucking HORRIBLE song. The beat fucking puts me to sleep.

I just don't think that there aren't any CD's out there that are perfect and have no filler songs.

jason G 718 said:
I don't agree, because I think everyone in here pretty much would agree that All Eyez On Me is a classic album but it had some filler songs like "Got My Mind Made UP". That is a fucking HORRIBLE song. The beat fucking puts me to sleep.

I just don't think that there aren't any CD's out there that are perfect and have no filler songs.
I realise that you said 'pretty much everyone' but still, I don't think AEOM is a classic & I think there are quite a few others who don't either. A landmark yes, but not a classcic.

Although I do agree that classics don't need to be completely perfect. Take MATW for example. IMO it is a bonafide classic & although I don't think it contains any filler material it has it's flaws. I mean, I don't like the chorus of Death Around The Corner. But this minute flaw doesn't take away from MATW's classic status.

All eyez on me was the same for pac as get rich or die trying for 50...can i say it like that...i cant...now all eyez on me has sumthin special for me..so i cant really make an objective comment on it...and i wont even tho i just made one...but i took it back..hmm im talkin to myself again

*YELLS ILLMATIC...and walks away from the stage....*

Hurts edit your post to,

*YELLS ILLMATIC...and walks away from the stage....*

I think that's what you meant anyway

What an I say? I'm a perfectionist

Also, according to other posts I've ready isn't Illmatic reasonable new to Jason G, he's probably still digesting that one & it'll take hm a couple more years to look back & think, 'damn! A classic album with filler material nowhere to be seen'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurts

How do you know?

Just because a person is still underground doesn't mean they're not as good as or better than famous rappers.

The first place guy, some dude named Marvin was fucking spit hella fire. That dude was better in my opinion than 85-90% of the rappers in the game today.
Yo dont get offended i never meant to diss ya detroit pplz you chose to idolise just reminding you of the fact that canibus is very well known as a battle emcee...you obviously havent heard his shit...the only thing u could bring up about him is LL and Can I bitch..u know nothing else..i can tell...funny isnt it...www.canibusworld.com look up sum info lol and reply...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurts

What the fuck are you talking about?

The lyrics I posted that you responded to are from 2pac, not Eminem. Nobody even mentioned Quitter, which was a good diss BTW.
No shit...And quitter was far from a good diss you dumbass...a diss = not biting sum 1 else's diss lmfao...man...

I know that was hit em up and eminem was biting it on quitter...with his d12 buddies...he couldnt handle the situation himself..whoa eminem sure was hot back then wasnt he..lol talk about dissin everlast and dilated peoples...dilated replied but i never checked it..was too lazy just the fact that eminem asked d12 for help made me quit searchin for it..lol...

Can't believe you think everything Em does is great..better cant believe you think everyone from Detroit is hot...LOL...but its ok rep ur city^

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
AEOM wasn't a classic.
Illmatic is.

And I know a lot of people don't agree, maybe in the future they will. But I think SSLP and MMLP are so close to being classics that they will eventually be accepted as. Eminem Show is wank, no where near a classic status. It's a pop album. There's a few dark songs on there. But if I was to rate it i'd give it 3.5 mics.
SSLP would get 5, and MMLP 4.5.
I played SSLP so much the cd wore out. But maybe I'm blinded as I liked the cd so much I rate it too highly.

My top 5 cd's - Doggystyle, Chronic, MATW, SSLP, Illmatic

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.