The Official NBA Thread 2011-12

Kobe

Hot Sauce still around? damn.
Yep, still has a lot of fun while playing as well. He's a real sport & showman at the same time....I don't know if that's even possible. The crew that was there:

Spyda (pulled off the trademark hanging upside down from the rim)
Baby Shaq
Amazn
Circus
Werm (really moved like a super sonic worm through the defense)
Highrizer
Polo (who is actually from Uganda)

But he's gotta be like 40.
Actually, he's 36 :)

Lebron's explanation of his comments, tho the damage is already done

"Basically I was saying at the end of the day this season is over and -- with all hatred -- everyone else has to move on with their lives, good or bad. I do too," James said."It wasn't saying I'm superior or better than anyone else, any man or woman on this planet, I'm not. I would never ever look at myself bigger than anyone who watched our game. It may have come off wrong but that wasn't my intent."

ArtsyGirl

Stephen Colbert covered it (vid is in reverse but you get the idea)

LOL

Really he just needs to pick his words better. It doesn't matter what your intent was if it sounds like your saying something totally different. I think half the time he's trying to say something really profound and it's coming up stupid.

Flipmo

VIP Member
Staff member
So the Bulls apparently landed Nikola Mirotic... this should be interesting. Still think he's a fuckface for choosing to play for the Spanish NT over his native Montenegro. Sofi - was he eligible to play for Serbia? Not sure if his parents or grandparents are of Serbian extract.

Good player though

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
I'm happy IT got picked. Didn't think he'd go last but then again, I think he should've stayed at UW for another year. I'll be paying attention to the Kings more in the upcoming season, no doubt.

Kobe

I'm really dreading the day the draft becomes relevant to the Lakers. They had 4 second round picks this year, and only one pick actually has a minimal chance of making an impact. Even worse:

Nuggets receive: Rights to Chukwudiebere Maduabum (No. 56 overall pick)
Lakers receive: Future second-round pick
Geez....

Kobe

Union chief Billy Hunter said Thursday "it's obvious the lockout will happen tonight" after players and owners failed to reach a new collective bargaining agreement, potentially putting the 2011-12 season in jeopardy.
Time to place bets on when the lockout will end :D

Ristol

New York's Ambassador
Six years ago the owners signed a deal that gave the players 57% of league revenue. Now they want to cut it to below 40% (roughly an eight billion dollar paycut over ten years). I understand the league's economic situation has changed, and that this new number is just a lowball starting point, but we've got a very long way to go here. Could be 1999 all over again or worse.

Potentially devastating for the league. Record ratings for the playoffs and Finals, and now this. The NBA has a whole lot of casual fans, I'd say more than hockey or baseball, so a protracted lockout (or, worst case, a lost season) could really do some damage. A lot of people will stop caring.

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
It's a complicated situation. The NBA owners are responsible for this mess and want pay cuts to solve the problem, which is fucked up.

However, there are too many shitty players in the NBA with deals that they don't deserve. They should not be paid that much.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.