The Official NBA Thread 2011-12

Why the fuck did nobody check Melo to see if he was ok?? haha From what I saw he got called for travelling then Thunder turned it over then Smith shot it. ALL this happened before anyone checked on him?! WTF? I'm so confused lol...

Oh and that Lakers game.. :( Waited so long for a L. Playoffs better display a better team than that.
Yep, nobody really gave a shit about Melo for another two possessions. You'd think if your player is knocked out on the ground, that you'd call time out. But Melo wasn't moving, and he wasn't holding anything in pain, so they probably thought he was faking it. The crowd thought he was faking it lol.

^lol yea. i read the refs thought he was frustrated since a foul wasnt called.

Josh Howard has a team option worth $11.8 million, which the Wizards will not pick up. Howard played just four games, but the Wizards were impressed with his enthusiasm and attitude and would like to have him back even as he faces a six- to eight-month recovery from a torn ACL. Foye, done for the year with a torn ligament in his left wrist, will be a restricted free agent this summer. He can become an unrestricted free agent if the team declines to tender his $4.8 million qualifying offer to gain first right of refusal.
damn i wish the spurs had some cap space so sign him. maybe mid-level exception?

it'll be a interesting offseason

Kobe

^^February 1st 2010, Bryant had 44pts to become the Lakers all time scorer. It was the same game that the Lakers lost to Grizzlies, then this happened.

At the same time, Lakers Coach Phil Jackson thought Bryant was distracted by trying to break the record.

"At halftime, I told the guys he's forcing the action and let's get him over the hump so we can start playing team ball out there," Jackson said. "But it didn't seem like we ever did."
I'm actually glad Melo is OK, I like his playing style. At the time it happened, it was hard to judge whether he was faking it or not. However, it did prove that it was evidently serious and he needed some medical attention. It's a shame his team mates couldn't call a time out (J.R Smith, I'm looking at you), not to mention the fans booing. I think fans always forget that besides socail status, athletes are humans like them. Lines need to be drawn, especially when it comes to injury. I guess Melo's Wifey must have been really tripped out when all that was going on.

Worse things have happened in sports though. One time they were taking a player off the pitch after he apparently collapsed. The medics dropped him when carrying him on the stretcher. The player died later, though not related to the fall to the stretcher.

That Raptor/cheerleader video. Kind of gives a new meaning to a girl looking good enough to eat. The crowd don't seem the slightest bit impressed by that one though. I liked it. I think the Milwaukee team should make a Buck eat a cheerleader, now that would be bizzare :D

This is a fan designed shoe Bryant was to wear for the game today vs Portland. I did design a pair for my records although the contest was exclusive to L.A residents. In case you're wondering about the colors, remember Lakers wear white on Sundays............& public holidays (I think).

Holy crap, how about Uconn Huskies going 78-0?? Isn't that something........I mean, people are already saying its a ladies team so, it doesn't matter. I think back to back undefeated seasons is an awesome sports achievement.

ArtsyGirl

^I thought the fans cheered when he got up? As he was walking out it didn't seem to be a negative atmosphere, just while he was knocked out lol...

Have Lakers lost again?

DENVER -- A small forward averaging 12.4 points leaving $15 million on the table?

It initially sounds ridiculous.

Nevertheless, San Antonio's Richard Jefferson said he hasn't ruled out opting out of his contract this summer. He explained why in an interview with FanHouse while in Denver on Saturday for the Spurs' 104-95 win.

"That's a situation I think every player will look at at the end of the season,'' said Jefferson, making $14.2 million this season and due to earn $15 million in next season's final year of his deal if he doesn't opt out. "I probably wouldn't make 15 (million dollars) some place, but you could somehow recoup some of that over a multi-year deal and get some guaranteed money for the next few years.
hope to god he opts out. i dont want your bitch ass in a spurs uniform.

Kobe

^I thought the fans cheered when he got up? As he was walking out it didn't seem to be a negative atmosphere, just while he was knocked out lol...

Have Lakers lost again?
Initially, most fans thought he was just lying on the floor for nothing. Later on, some of them did stand up and applaud him off the court. Yep, Lakers did loose 91-88 to the Blazers last night. They don't seem to be taking the final games seriously :D

Kobe Bryant and Derek Fisher were left chuckling to each other after they combined to miss three free throws in the last 6.9 seconds
How's that Jefferson comment going to work out for your NBA Live Yak?

^lol i rarely play as the spurs in 2k. i pick a random team to make things interesting. i did trade richard jefferson for expiring but never finished that season lol (got bored).

ive never seen kobe miss one clutch freethrow but now i saw two lol. i guess theyre just waiting for the playoffs to start.

EDouble

Will suck off black men for a dime
i was mistaken uncharacter in the championship round last year, but this year honestly don't know who will win
I dont think its gonna be L.a. or cleveland

lol

looks like the spurs will be playing the mavs. i think the spurs will make it since caron butler and shawn marion are known for goin ghost in the playoffs.

lakers/thunder series should be interesting but the lakers should win it easily in 5 since the thunder have zero experience.

Kobe

^lol i rarely play as the spurs in 2k. i pick a random team to make things interesting. i did trade richard jefferson for expiring but never finished that season lol (got bored).
I find it hard playing with another team besides the Lakers. I also get bored, rarely do I play out the whole season as it's meant to be. They need to add more challenges to NBA games such as ticket sales, attendance variations, player morale (or feuds), contract negotiations, suspensions (no guns) etc. I think the boredom factor would reduce.

As for missing those clutch free throws, this had me thinking

Now, about Sunday’s loss to the Portland Trail Blazers. … I have no evidence for what I’m about to suggest. Just tossing a theory out there for you gentle readers to chew on. It starts with a question. Do you think the Lakers dumped the game in order to avoid the Trail Blazers in the first round of the playoffs? If you’re the Lakers, wouldn’t you rather face the inexperienced Oklahoma City Thunder than the Blazers or the San Antonio Spurs? Beating Portland Sunday would have all but ensured a Lakers-Blazers matchup.
I didn't know Phil Jackson designed a final play for Gasol to shoot a 3 pointer. That's nuts!! I'm just saying, and I'm a Lakers fan. I wouldn't want to see the Lakers face the Blazers in the first round :D

Yak, you think the Spurs/Mavericks game has the potential to be a 7 game classic?

'Going ghost': that's a classic expression.

who has seentyreke evans play besides california :confused:
the opponent

I find it hard playing with another team besides the Lakers. I also get bored, rarely do I play out the whole season as it's meant to be. They need to add more challenges to NBA games such as ticket sales, attendance variations, player morale (or feuds), contract negotiations, suspensions (no guns) etc. I think the boredom factor would reduce.
thats would def be cool. a gm mode that deals with all those challenges would be dope. they got player morale, team chemistry, and contract negotiations in 2k10.

Adrian Wojnarowski: Larry Brown's future largely depends on whether wife wants to keep family in Philly for 76ers job or move back to LA for Clips, sources say.
pussy whipped?

lol, Van Ghundy is one of the funniest commentators. I always enjoy hearing him and Mark Jackson go at it during the games lol.

I'm not surprised the Lakers won tonight without Kobe. Did anyone see the ridiculous hair styles of Artest and Mbenga ! Im thinking Artest dragged Mbenga into the hair salon with him ! hahaha. Funny shit.

Playoffs ! Cmon !

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.