The Official NBA Thread 2011-12

Amar’e Stoudemire leads the Phoenix Suns into Izod Center to face the Nets, who avoided a share of the worst record in history when they won their 10th game Monday against San Antonio. Stoudemire could become a free agent this summer and is one of the few marquee players who seemed interested in the Nets.

"There are some teams you may say, ‘No way,’ " Stoudemire told reporters in January. "I don’t think the Nets are one of them.

"I think that’s a team with potential. They can definitely contend in the near future [with] the right pieces."
lol i hope none of these free agents move except for bosh. these season tankin ass bitches dont deserve shit.

^i think yall should still have odom coming off the bench and mbenga start. there aint no spark off the bench. brown has gone ghost, shit the last time i heard him dunk was during the dunk contest. sasha is.... sasha. farmar has his moment.

speaking of Sasha...

ATLANTA (AP)—Los Angeles Lakers coach Phil Jackson says Slovenian backup guard Sasha Vujacic(notes) hasn’t played the last two games because of “a little run-in” with the coaching staff.

Jackson says the incident happened during last Friday’s game at Oklahoma City. He says Vujacic didn’t play at all in the next two contests at Houston and New Orleans because he “hasn’t atoned himself for that error.”

Jackson refused on Friday to give any more details about the incident. Vujacic says he doesn’t know what his coach is talking about.

The Lakers are wrapping up a five-game road trip at Atlanta.
LOL! I wonder what he did.

Kobe

I have no idea whats going on with the Lakers. They seem to just have thrown in the towel and are limping over the to the playoffs. As long as they're number 1 seed in the west they seem to be content. I also wonder what Sasha did to get such a punishment. I read about it on the Hawks match report. I read an article saying Bryant was on NBA TV. Did anyone catch that?

yak pac fatal

^yea i saw that segment. they were talking about his game winning shots this year. kobe said the game winner he hit on miami was a lucky shot because he never practiced it and he also said spurs are the most slept on team in the west.

Kobe

I agree with the statement about the Spurs. What they achieve is really slept on and, somehow that thrashing of the Cavs in the NBA finals has been swept under the history rug. Sure the ratings were low but, for a team to control the NBA finals like that, is not something you see every year. Right now, some analysts talk about them like they were your average NBA team.

Yep, that was one lucky shot. Good thing he doesn't go around claiming otherwise. Watching it as it happened on TV was pretty intense though. I really think if he didn't injure his finger he would have been in the MVP race. He was playing at an elevated level when the season started.

Lebron's still getting paid by Nike. I don't know what the terms of the new deal were but, this guy has got it all sorted out in terms of endorsements. He could retire before he hits 30 just because he's made enough money from the game. Can you imagine signing a 7 year $93million contract when you've just left high school? Just to wear shoes and clothes, not even to play the game :D Cha-ching! LeBron re-signs with Nike - Ball Don't Lie - NBA Blog - Yahoo! Sports

Off the court, Dwayne Wade and his wife are having some beef over custody of their two kids. These divorces get real ugly huh?

yak pac fatal

^yea thats insane for a shoe company to invest that much money just off of potential.

i read view articles bout their divorce, they both seem to be lying or stretching the truth.

t-mac is a bitch. i lost all respect for him. he said he wouldnt mind going back to the magic.
this is idiot here gave up on his teammates and played half assed til he got traded. bitch move.

Kobe

What got KG all grumpy? I assume he was talking about the Lakers/Thunder game? They all look so gloomy in that room, like someone just got shot.

T-mac wants to go back to the magic as he sees a good chance to win a championship. I still don't think he should be making such comments considering the type of season and movements he's made this season.

Then maybe this was predictable but it's happened LAKERS: Lakers Sign Kobe Bryant to Contract Extension

Snowman

Lakers and Jazz tonight on espn, looking forward to that and them playing the spurs on easter sunday on ABC, not happy with the that road trip we should have won against NO and Atlanta. i wanna see LA at least finish 60-22

Kobe

^^I watched that game. Lakers executed, Jazz just didn't seem to quit the fight. Good to see the Lakers playing some good ball once more. I'm also looking forward to the game vs the Spurs. Shame I won't get to watch that one on telly.

yak pac fatal

kobe got a shitload of money. does the guarantee phil jackson will be back?

damn, ima probably miss sundays game. hopefully its a good game. manus been tearing shit up lately.

did you guys here that ron artests brother said he shouldve signed with the cavs, it would be better fit for him. i kind of agree with him.

Lakers have been lagging bad. Kobe is reportedly resigned for 3 years. He'll be making 24+ mill a year.

Boston/Cleveland tomorrow should be good, and Lakers/Spurs too. Manu out still yak?

Kobe

^^Damn Yak, you sure picked the perfect clip to back up your claim :D Freak injuries are some of the worst things in sports. Just like that he's gonna be out for the rest if the season?

yak pac fatal

^yea he out for rest of the season. idk how many surgeries he gonna get thou.

what a game lol manu went off, duncan held it down, and rj was a solid 3rd option for once. sucks george hill got injured, hopefully it aint nothin to serious.

i hate how gasol has his great games of the year against the spurs lol

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.