The Official NBA Thread 2011-12

I was reading this article and it had me thinking.

Story short, players need to start taking less pay. So, we have a possible situation where players are going to start trouble about the amount of salaries they are being paid. It got me thinking, how much did Michael Jordan earn for his out of this planet on-court activities?? This is what I found.

Yeah: times change.....inflation.....he had endorsements to last a lifetime.......yada yada. However, that jump from 1996 is truly representative of what a player like Jordan should have been earning in the first place. These days, you look at the monster salaries some players are getting paid and you just wonder.....is it really worth it?

Its nuts. I even have trouble re-signing average rated players on my NBA Live :D
the problem with players taking less money is the owners wont do price cuts for tickets plus the players generate so much money that even they get paid a lot the owners still make a profit (not all franchises are like that).

roaches

The players deserve every dollar they make and then some. Fuck the owners.

Oh and last night's All Star Game was the best one in years... the funniest shit in the world to me was how *everyone* thought of the same-Chris-Paul-wouldn't-have-done-that joke when Deron made that stupid intentional foul.

^1st quarter was really bad. the game gradually got better. the 4th quarter was intense. lol i wonder how the game wouldve turned out if d.will didnt do that intentional foul. dirks reaction was hilarous.

bron heated as hell that he didnt win the MVP lol

i like the move blazers did for camby. blake hasnt been playing well at all this season and outlaw is injured. they got nothin to lose with this deal since his contract is up after the season anyway.

spurs are looking to trade roger mason and supposedly miami is interested.

players are on the cavs radar... amare, jamison, murphy, and now maggette. lol i hope they get shit.

ARon

^Cus last time they played with Kobe against Boston they didn't win?

All this talk of what the owners make/players make has me thinking Like Me by Nas, "Jerry owns the Lakers....that's business, not really pimp shit pehaps a tidbit..."

^'Cause the Lakers have been winning by double digits in every game they've played without Kobe, and they're not all 'easy' teams. Utah, San Antonio, Portland, Golden State.

I'm curious to see what they'll do against Boston without Kobe. I heard he's not going to play.

roaches

sebastian telfair to the cavs - lebron's finally got his pippen!!!!!!

(or maybe that's jamison)

the wiz got big z (buyout) and al thornton. west coasters, how should i feel about thornton?

lol tyreke evans got martin traded. knicks stay taking L's. walsh hasnt been great as people made him out to be.

hopefully they dont buyout his contract is read he wants to join the lakers or cavs.

wade fucked up his ankles cuz devin harris crossed him lol. anyone catch that?

^who knows but rockets won with this trade even thou they gave up landry.

they got hill, who was a lottery pick and they can have poentionally have 2 or 3 more lottery picks. oo and they got the injury prone but deadly scorer named kevin martin.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.