The Official NBA Thread 2011-12

roaches

i hate to admit it but i think rondo is the best player on the team. ray fell off, kg stays getting injured and pierce is overrated.
Agreed, minus PP being overrated.

Lakers are a better team when Kobe sits out. Hahaha, trade Kobe.
12/12: @Utah - Kobe, No Pau: Jazz by 8
2/10: @Utah - Pau, No Kobe: Lakers win by 15

1/8: @Portland - Kobe, No Pau: Blazers by 9
2/6: @Portland - Pau, No Kobe: Lakers by 17

1/12: San Antonio - Kobe, No Pau: Spurs by 20
2/8: @San Antonio - Pau, No Kobe: Lakers by 17

^ROFL, you went looking for the scores. I told my homie the exact same thing about the Utah game. I said, last time we had Kobe and we got smashed, now we beat Utah no problem. Kick kobe off the team!

Kobe

LOL! I know, I know, Lakers are on a roll without Kobe, the stats show it and, it's the biggest joke in sports right now. My personal favorite is: Kobe becoming a sixth man for the Lakers.

Trade Kobe from LA? No way!! Regardless of what the stats say. To look at it another way, courtesy of the Forum Blue and Gold moderator: Darius

If you take this same approach to the macro level we can examine this team as a whole and see the same mentality currently taking hold. Kobe and Bynum have (essentially, for Bynum at least) missed the last three games and in their absences the team has performed very well. Better than expected, even. But, does this mean that Kobe and Bynum aren’t important to the success of this team? Of course not. It may mean that roles need to be redefined and that playing styles need to be adjusted or re-examined in order to get this team to reach its full potential, but it doesn’t mean that either one of these players is any less valuable than what they’ve proven to be this season. A season where Kobe has hit miraculous game winners or Bynum has come up big and helped lead us to victory. But, too many have seen the recent success and still want to assign blame. “Why can’t the team play like this all the time? It must be (insert either Bynum or Kobe)’s fault.” Really? Why can’t the credit be given to those that play with no blame assigned for what is gone and in the past?
As for the All Star game:

Would-be starters Kobe Bryant and Allen Iverson are out of the NBA All-Star Game. Jason Kidd of the hometown Dallas Mavericks has been chosen to replace Bryant. New York's David Lee is replacing Iverson.
Dammit. It's the officially the "Lebron Star Game" now :D

In a dramatic move that would resuscitate their fading championship hopes, the Boston Celtics are discussing a deal with the Washington Wizards for forwards Antawn Jamison and Caron Butler, league sources told Yahoo! Sports on Friday. The proposed deal would send the expiring contracts of Ray Allen, Brian Scalabrine and J.R. Giddens to the Wizards, a move that would signal the start of Washington’s rebuilding process.

The trade isn’t imminent, but talks have progressed and Celtics GM Danny Ainge has positioned his organization to make one of the boldest trade deadline moves in years. For the Celtics, ownership would have to agree to take on an additional $24 million in salary next season between Jamison and Butler. Jamison makes more than $15 million in 2011-12, but most owners are discounting those salaries because of an assumption that there will be a labor lockout and some, if not all, of that money will never be paid to the players.

Sources expected the two teams to talk further Friday and throughout the weekend in Dallas.
nba live shit right here. i swear if the wizards do this, they will be known as the dumbest nba franchise ever. that title will be removed from the grizz.

roaches

First off, the Clippers will *always* be the dumbest NBA franchise ever.

Second, how is that dumb? This miserable era of the Wizards is done and they need to start over. I can't think of any possible trade that would improve them enough *now* to do anything but get served up as a sacrificial lamb to Cleveland/Orlando/Atlanta in the first round.

HoopsHype - NBA Salaries - Washington Wizards

If the trade with Boston happens, they'll be in good financial position for the new management, whenever they take over, and by tanking the rest of the season they'll up their chances at landing John Wall or Evan Turner or whomever.

^it would be a stupid move trading your best players to a team in the same confrence and on top of theyre getting shit in return. giddens shows no potential, boston gave up on him, scal shouldnt even be in the nba, ray allens contract will most likely get bought out and he goes back to the celts.

i guess theyre main goal is to recieve nothing but expiring contracts and hope to get the 1st overall pick. i want what theyre gonna do with gils contract. i doubt any one wants that on their cap, a buyout would be too complicated... contract termination?

^yea that game was straight ASS

rookie/soph game is fun as hell. run and gun lol. the rooks are puttin in work. evans/curry/jennings are making flashy plays, shit even blair thru one off the glass from himself.

If that trade goes down, they would have one of the best front courts in the league. It would be interesting to see what pieces the Cavs would send to Phoenix for this guy. The playoffs would be fucking great to watch with all the elite teams duking it out when it really counts. Woo.

Personally, i don't think the trade will go down, but I dont know that's just my gut feeling.

cavs get any of the players thata you hear in the rumors, theyll automatically be in the finals...

i heard the wizards and mavs deal is in the final stages. butlers and howard being the main players.

^neither would i. all they want to give up is delonte west and ilgauskes.

im sure the wizards regret trading their 5th overall pick looking at it now.

couldve had either rubio, flynn, curry, or jennings.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.