The Official NBA Thread 2011-12

Kobe

^^Slam Dunk contest was woeful. A couple of difficult dunks but they couldn't save the contest.

Shannon Brown choked at the big stage. Nate is now a record setting three time slam dunk contest winner. Eat you heart V.C and M.J :D

^neither am i. a lot of the players that should be playing are injured.

The Cleveland Cavaliers and Phoenix Suns are closing in on a deal that would send All-Star forward Amare Stoudemire to Cleveland, according to sources with knowledge of the negotiations.

Stoudemire

The Cavaliers would send Zydrunas Ilgauskas and J.J. Hickson to Phoenix in exchange for Stoudemire, one of the league's most dominant big men.
fuck lol.

^theyll have 4 quality frontcourt players assuming big zs contract gets bought out and he re-signs.

damn i wish the spurs had more expiring contracts...

i got the west winning tonite. either dirk or durant will win MVP.

^All the refs are first time all-star refs. Maybe that's why?

I think the all star game should dictate homecourt advantage in the playoffs for the winning side. It's soooo boring just watching them run around playing sloppy. Imagine the best players in the world actually COMPETING for something meaningful.

:)

Kobe

I caught the game during the half-time show. The weekend events put me off, I'll probably catch the replay if I feel the need to. Shakira put on quite a show. When Alicia broke into that instrumental, I was wondering "What the hell?? This is Dallas!!" Then she catered for a lyrics tweek :D

Ha! Some lady paid $8,000 for her ticket to see Kobe play. What was that about a recession again?

Cavs are doing all they can to make sure Lebron hangs on and re-signs with them. They will make whatever moves they possibly can. What if he still rolls out after all this? A lot of people question Amare's ego and, his ability to play alongside a big name player. I'm rooting for this move, it would definitely switch up the favorites to win the NBA finals.

i skipped the half time show lol.

amare is not what they need but if he smartens up, cavs got wrapped for 2010.

wowwwwww, of all people to shoot a game winning 3, melo....

shouldve gave the ball to dirk or billups

yea 4th q was nice. i was hoping for overtime since it was that good compared to the first 3 q.

hell yea, hands down the wackest all star weekend ever.

if the west was 100% healthy it wouldve have been no comp like last years.

Caron Butler's been tossed around so many teams. He needs to find a place to settle down.

I wonder what effect he'll have playing with the Mavs. I don't think it makes them good enough to compete. They'll get to the semis. That's about it.

Kobe

I was reading this article and it had me thinking.

David Stern said Saturday the NBA is projecting league-wide losses of about $400 million this season and has lost hundreds of millions in each previous year of the current collective bargaining agreement.
Story short, players need to start taking less pay. So, we have a possible situation where players are going to start trouble about the amount of salaries they are being paid. It got me thinking, how much did Michael Jordan earn for his out of this planet on-court activities?? This is what I found.

According to Basketball Reference:

1984-85 - $550,000
1985-86 - $630,000
1986-87 - $737,500
1987-88 - $845,000
1988-89 - $2,000,000
1989-90 - $2,250,000
1990-91 - $2,500,000
1991-92 - $3,250,000
1992-93 - $4,000,000
1993-94 - $4,000,000
1994-95 - $3,850,000
1995-96 - $3,850,000
1996-97 - $30,140,000
1997-98 - $33,140,000
Yeah: times change.....inflation.....he had endorsements to last a lifetime.......yada yada. However, that jump from 1996 is truly representative of what a player like Jordan should have been earning in the first place. These days, you look at the monster salaries some players are getting paid and you just wonder.....is it really worth it?

Its nuts. I even have trouble re-signing average rated players on my NBA Live :D

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.