The Official NBA Thread 2011-12

Kobe

Why would anyone go to these lengths?

An NBA Development League team will refund the ticket prices to the thousands of fans who went to a Utah Flash game and expected Michael Jordan to play in a charity exhibition at halftime.

A Jordan lookalike instead was introduced to face former Utah Jazz guard Bryon Russell in a promotional fiasco that will cost Flash owner Brandt Andersen.
D-League team offers refunds for Michael Jordan-Bryon Russell 1-on-1 hoax - ESPN

Back to other issues, Iverson is still waiting for his 1st win as a Sixer. Can't put the blame on him, the team is really not that strong. Maybe he shouldn't pass up on game winning shots either?

I also read this bit of news from the Jazz vs Lakers re-cap. What kinds of security did he have before this happened?

Bryant played after skipping the morning shootaround, telling the Lakers he was shaken up after a home-invasion robbery occurred in his family's gated community in Orange County last night, leading to a police standoff.

roaches

Why would anyone go to these lengths?
Minor league teams pull all sorts of stunts to draw in fans.

Ex: The last time I went to a minor league baseball game, everyone was given tennis balls and after the game was over a guy in a bear costume ran around the field. Anyone who hit him got a free pizza.

First Returns for the All-Star Balloting:

Eastern Conference

Forwards:
LeBron James (Clev) 649,327;
Kevin Garnett (Bos) 533,187;
Chris Bosh (Tor) 303,550;
Paul Pierce(notes) (Bos) 131,379;
Josh Smith(notes) (Atl) 109,404;
Danny Granger(notes) (Ind) 100,122;
Andre Iguodala(notes) (Phi) 75,146;
Michael Beasley(notes) (Mia) 58,461;
Hedo Turkoglu(notes) (Tor) 55,416;
Rashard Lewis(notes) (Orl) 46,073;
Luol Deng(notes) (Chi) 37,428.

Guards:
Dwyane Wade (Mia) 672,227;
Vince Carter (Orl) 292,002;
Gilbert Arenas(notes) (Was) 212,526;
Ray Allen(notes) (Bos) 208,276
Derrick Rose(notes) (Chi) 196,059;
Allen Iverson(notes) (Phi) 136,976*;
Joe Johnson(notes) (Atl) 118,964;
Rajon Rondo(notes) (Bos) 113,371;
Jose Calderon(notes) (Tor) 68,084;
Mike Bibby(notes) (Atl) 48,935.

Centers:
Dwight Howard (Orl) 625,279;
Shaquille O'Neal(notes) (Cle) 206,657;
Andrea Bargnani(notes) (Tor) 67,310;
Al Horford(notes) (Atl) 52,747;
Andrew Bogut(notes) (Mil) 45,920;
Brook Lopez(notes) (NJ) 39,420;
Jermaine O'Neal(notes) (Mia) 38,956;
Rasheed Wallace(notes) (Bos) 36,855;
Kendrick Perkins(notes) (Bos) 19,408;
Brad Miller(notes) (Chi) 17,188;
Tyson Chandler(notes) (Cha) 14,062;
Samuel Dalembert(notes), (Phi) 13,969.

Western Conference

Forwards:
Carmelo Anthony (Den) 588,958;
Dirk Nowitzki (Dal) 366,300;
Pau Gasol(notes) (LAL) 280,758;
Tim Duncan(notes) (SA) 271,321;
Kevin Durant(notes) (OKC) 177,205;
Trevor Ariza(notes) (Hou) 168,167;
Shawn Marion(notes) (Dal) 161,653;
Luis Scola(notes) (Hou) 134,321;
Ron Artest(notes) (LAL) 99,209;
Lamar Odom(notes) (LAL) 85,817;
LaMarcus Aldridge(notes) (Por) 70,588.

Guards:
Kobe Bryant (LAL) 692,518;
Tracy McGrady (Hou) 281,545;
Steve Nash(notes) (Pho) 272,135;
Chris Paul(notes) (NO) 248,049;
Jason Kidd(notes) (Dal) 207,247;
Jason Terry(notes) (Dal) 131,422;
Aaron Brooks (Hou) 131,167;
Chauncey Billups (Den) 112,509;
Brandon Roy (Por) 106,416;
Deron Williams (Utah) 94,715;
Manu Ginobili(notes) (SA) 75,392.

Centers:
Amar'e Stoudemire (Pho) 447,776;
Andrew Bynum (LAL) 299,484;
Nene (Den) 90,439;
Marc Gasol(notes) (Mem) 75,765;
Greg Oden(notes) (Por) 73,874;
Al Jefferson(notes) (Min) 48,676;
Antonio McDyess(notes) (SA) 46,323;
Mehmet Okur(notes) (Utah) 35,606;
Marcus Camby(notes) (LAC) 35,471;
Andris Biedrins(notes) (GS) 28,287;
Emeka Okafor(notes) (NO) 19,827;
Spencer Hawes(notes) (Sac) 10,733.

Note: While Iverson appears among Western Conference guards on the paper ballot because he began the season with Memphis, his votes will count toward the Eastern Conference guards due to his signing with Philadelphia.
Kobe leads All-Star balloting; McGrady, A.I. inexplicably in running - Ball Don't Lie - NBA Blog - Yahoo! Sports

Kobe

I'm not too good at statistics so someone help me out. Considering the amount of votes the NBA All Star game gets, do the votes reflect the total amount of global audience? For example, if there are 10million votes in total, does that mean the NBA only has 10million hardcore fans around the world? Not to mention that some people do vote more than once as well. So, fans of statistics break it down for me in layman's terms.

How is T-mac even on the list?

Shaq always has to make comments about who is the best when he switches teams. He's already said #24 is the best in the game. Then he said something about Wade, now Lebron. Whatever floats his boat, he's going to say it.

One day after a Lakers win vs the Celtics, Paul Pierce put on quite a show. Shaq grabbed a reporter and told him something along the lines of, "write this down, quote me, don't take nothing out. Paul Pierce is the mother f!@#$%g truth". That was hilarious.

I'm not too good at statistics so someone help me out. Considering the amount of votes the NBA All Star game gets, do the votes reflect the total amount of global audience? For example, if there are 10million votes in total, does that mean the NBA only has 10million hardcore fans around the world? Not to mention that some people do vote more than once as well. So, fans of statistics break it down for me in layman's terms.

How is T-mac even on the list?

Shaq always has to make comments about who is the best when he switches teams. He's already said #24 is the best in the game. Then he said something about Wade, now Lebron. Whatever floats his boat, he's going to say it.

One day after a Lakers win vs the Celtics, Paul Pierce put on quite a show. Shaq grabbed a reporter and told him something along the lines of, "write this down, quote me, don't take nothing out. Paul Pierce is the mother f!@#$%g truth". That was hilarious.
I dont know about the actual number of fans, but it's a lot of them. Plus, i think they allow you to vote as many times as you want. I'm assuming people vote 2-3 times. Then there's people who just don't vote.

I dont know how t-mac made the list. I guess since he's a big name player, he has to be on there. I think it would be a bad idea for him to start the game if he gets chosen as a starter. Give it to someone else who deserves the spot and is actually playing some ball this season.

Kobe

^^Holy!! That's a poster even the most fanatic Lakers fan should own :D

I wouldn't be able to pray through a game with a fractured finger. Can any one on here pull it off?

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.