The Official NBA Thread 2011-12

Kobe

Only Five broadcast it now :(

NFL has taken over on sky sports so they dont show any NBA games on that sports package - which just leaves Five (a free, ordinary, lifestyle/entertainment channel) to televise the games at 1am/2am when i'm clearly not able to watch it. Five US televise it too, same story though.

Sky sports at least used to show some games on weekends (mornings and evenings) so i could get a chance to see it. not anymore tho :(

you're from Nairobi?
How the hell did NFL start selling out at Wembley? :D I never understood how they made it into the UK audience and started having highlights on Sky Sports news.

NBA here is broadcast only through ESPN Pac-Rim. Two games a week at either 3,4 or 5 am. I only wake up to watch the Lakers, as for the rest, I catch the prime time repeats. Does NBA coverage increase on FIVE during the playoffs? It normally increases here.

Yep, I'm currently in Nairobi.

Yak, i got the invite. I'm in thanks yo.

Anyways,
AI needs to shut the fuck up!

Just when you were ready to give Allen Iverson(notes) the benefit of the doubt and say, OK, maybe the whole situation with the Detroit Pistons wasn't his fault, he goes and pulls out a little hissy fit in Memphis.

Iverson has returned to action with the Memphis Grizzlies after recovering from a partial left hamstring tear and did pretty well:11 points in 18 minutes against the Sacramento Kings.

Iverson was disappointed with the number of minutes played, according to FanHouse. "I had no problems (with the hamstring)," Iverson said afterward. "I had a problem with my butt from sitting on that bench so long. That's the only thing I got a problem with."

Some reporters before the game even suggested to Grizzlies coach Lionel Hollins that Iverson should be starting, which he seemed to find ridiculous: "He hasn't even been with the team until just a couple of days ago," Hollins said. "He's going to come off the bench. He hasn't played all preseason, hasn't played the three regular-season games (leading up to Sacramento). He only practiced three days in training camp before he got hurt so there's no way I would trot him out there in a starting role."

It looks like it's going to be a long season fro Iverson and the Grizzlies.

yak pac fatal

AI did deserve more playing time imo. hes def better than conley but im assuming the coach thinks inserting iverson into the starting lineup will fuck up conleys growth as a player. either way its a lose and lose for both teams imo. iverson desperately needs the playing to prove that he still can ball like he used to.

hahahaha, i jumped off my chair and went WTF! when he airballed that shit. It was funnnnny.

Nah, Phil jackson said he worked out today and ran some drills at practice, but don't know when he'll be back.

Kobe

I'm still hoping this season turns out to be a good one for AI. He has talked the talk, now he has to prove himself on the court. He doesn't have much else of a choice. I think his coach brings out good points in terms of team chemistry. At least AI's been going for practice.

Yeesh, that was an ugly win for the Lakers. Seeing those ball fumbles from #24 when there is an opportunity to tie the game or win it is starting to be a dejavu type scenario.

*looks left then right*

I'll not even bring up what I'm thinking of saying :D

Hahahahaha, did I not say that was going to happen? I wonder if Manu knew he fucked up when he slapped that Bat down. He musta been like... "Damn, i shouldn't have done that..now PETA will be on my ass." Hahaha.

Hahahahaha, Basketball players cuss so much.

It's funny when the players curse so loud, you can hear it during the game. lol! It's funny.

Here's an update on Gasol:

Los Angeles Lakers big man Pau Gasol(notes) has got something going on with his right hamstring. He had a sonogram on it over the weekend and an MRI this week. The results were sent to his personal doctor and his parents back in Spain, according to the Los Angeles Times. Before you call Gasol a mama's boy, you should remember that his mother is a doctor and his father is a hospital administrator.

It's looking like it's not going to hold the big guy up for much longer. He apparently had a "pretty good workout" yesterday. He'll miss his fifth game in a row tonight but he reportedly might be back in action on Friday against his former team, the Memphis Grizzlies.

Coach Phil Jackson isn't saying jack about it, though: "We'll see," he said. "We hope he can get a practice in this week."

yak pac fatal

im interested to see how the lakers will play with gasol in the lineup with artest in the lineup.

Bruce Bowen has signed on as an analyst for TV sports network ESPN.

The former Spur, who helped the team win three NBA championships, said he'll be doing in-studio analysis of basketball, starting in two weeks. "I'm excited about the chance to do something new and interesting in the sports field," Bowen said.

He said the network and he agreed to terms on Monday, adding he'll be traveling quite a bit to ESPN's home base of Bristol, Conn.

As for the exact days and times of his appearances, Bowen laughed that it's way different from playing basketball, when you know your schedule way in advance.

"I know I'll be on so many days — a lot of days — but not sure when yet," he said.

Personable and outgoing, Bowen has been a lively presence on "The Ticket" 760 AM in recent months, where he's guest-hosted with morning duo Peter Burns and Andy Everett.

He said he was fortunate to get that experience and learned it takes quite a few different skills to be a host and an interviewer than to be the one who's interviewed.
the legend is back

I missed the damn game 'cause i had a math exam today. AH!
I just got home to all kinds of tweets about Lakers winning in OT.

Smh. Kobe with 41! woooooooo!

Yak, why don't you just watch games online? Check out stream2watch.com It streams kinds of sports everyday.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.