The Official NBA Thread 2011-12

^dude is nasty, i remember the first time i saw him on tv was during the college dunk contest. hes fuckinn sick. he was actually on the spurs when the won in 2007 but he has attitude problems pop let him go. last i heard he was with the rockets or some euro team.

^Naw. I don't think he wants to go his whole career without winning a dunk contest. He wants to be at the level with Kobe/Jordan and all the other greats. Kobe & Jordan both are dunk contest winners.

I'll be damned if he doesn't go into Madison square garden and try to beat Kobe's record score from last year.

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP)—The NBA has truly gone global.

Russian tycoon Mikhail Prokhorov reached an agreement Wednesday to buy 80 percent of the financially strapped New Jersey Nets and nearly half of a project to build a new arena in Brooklyn.

The only thing that stands in the way is a nyet from the league’s board of governors, and that doesn’t seem likely with NBA commissioner David Stern already giving the deal his initial blessing.

The proposed blockbuster deal would give the Nets’ current principal owner, Bruce Ratner, the needed cash to move forward with the Barclays Center, the centerpiece of his Atlantic Yards development, which includes plans for retail and residential projects.
Gentrification will be kicking out the people the fuck out of harlem.

You know who's really fucking up?

Sporting News: Player of the Decade: Kobe Bryant at Lakers.com BasketBlog

Tim Duncan:
* same number of rings
* more All-NBA first team selections
* more All-Defensive first team selections
* More Finals MVPs
* More regular MVPs
* Never lost a Finals series in a humiliating fashion to a Space Cowboys squad
So you're saying Duncan is the player of the decade? Or should replace Kobe as the player of the decade?

I agree yak, Duncan is the best PF of all time.

roaches

If you're talking best player of the decade, it's KG. If you mean who's accomplished the most in that same amount of time, for sure it's Timmay.

And while I'm up on my high horse, lemme say that Kobe has n-e-v-e-r NEVER had a season where he performed on the level of Wade or Lebron last year, Chris Paul the past two years, or Shaq at the beginning of the decade. On any squad besides the Lakers he'd be Marvin Harrison with Eurosexual leanings. There've been some staggering displays of greatness in the NBA over the past decade, I don't see why the media chooses to elevate this undeserving chump.

^I'm sure your opinion on KG would change if he hadn't been traded to the Celtics. 'Cause if he was still in Minnesota losing his ass off missing the playoffs, he would be NOWHERE near the talks of best player of the decade.

In regards to Kobe... He goes from being at the top of the world winning 3 championships, to being on a team with Kwame Brown (nuff said), and has to climb this big mountain by himself to get back to where he once was. If you can't give him credit for that, then I guess he has to play blindfolded with 1 arm tied behind his back for you to recognize his work in the last decade. I also give him credit for saying something to the Lakers staff when they lagged on rebuilding. If it wasn't for him doing that, they would have never recieved a Gasol donation.

Duncan's had good players around him since joining the league. KG was spoiled once he went to Boston, so everyone knew it was Boston's year. I bet they won't win another championship. KG's only getting 1 ring.

Peace

roaches

KG in Minnesota was still a monster and a half. It's not his fault basketball's a team sport. While he did his job, Kobe cried because Shaq was more popular than him. Then he cried and cried and cried some more to anyone who would listen because Bynum wasn't developing fast enough. When he did, he shut the fuck up. He didn't magically make Memphis give Pau Gasol away for peanuts.

Your contradictions are amazing. Tim Duncan gets knocked down a peg because he always played on good teams, KG gets knocked for being on bad teams, but Kobe is Christ incarnate because he threw hissy fits when he wasn't happy with his teammates?

^Yep, that's true. Now kobe is leading his good team, but the recognition is gone.... somewhat.

Your contradictions are amazing. Tim Duncan gets knocked down a peg because he always played on good teams, KG gets knocked for being on bad teams, but Kobe is Christ incarnate because he threw hissy fits when he wasn't happy with his teammates?
I didn't knock anyone down a "peg." I agreed with Yak when he said Duncan was the best PF of all time. How is that knocking him down a "peg?" KG was a monster in Minnesota, and still is, but he has 1 ring in his career. I think you'd need more rings than 1 to be considered the decade's best in my opinion. As far as the best player in the past decade, you can throw many more players in there.

In an attempt to give Sasha Vujacic a fresh start at training camp, Coach Phil Jackson said today he asked the backup guard to cut his flowing locks. Vujacic complied. Said Jackson: "Last year, Sasha got injured on the first day of training camp and it literally limited him for three weeks. So he got off to a bad start and never recovered. So we've asked him to cut his hair and he did. He's going to have a new look. I think it's a total fresh start. I think Sasha played with his hair more than he played on the court (last season)."
LMAO reminds of sunshine from remember the titans

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.