How Can People Say Tupac/Makaveli is not the Greatest Rap Artist of All Time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
GhettoStar said:
I disagree with both them statements, overla Pac is better those otehr have just one aspect mastered of hip-hop while Pac was good at many of the aspects which people list as what makes a great rapper.

I Agree Pac Was A Great Rapper

He Is Also Over-Rated

He Is Not The G.O.A.T, As I Can Name 10 Better Rappers Then Him

Lost Tapes said:
Nas >>> Tupac

Tupac is in my top 10 but he a average lyricsist, there are many emcees out there that are lyrically better then Pac, they might not have the charisma or deepness Pac had but all-round they are probably better
I agree 2pac was an average lyricsist. But the stuff he rapped about was more important than anything any other rapper rapped about. 2pac wasnt great at one thing. He was good at all aspects of rapping. But he had more emotion and was deeper than everyother rapper in history. And everyone knows that Nas copies 2pac. Why do you think he started rapping about being a thug.?

MAKaveli_10 said:
I agree 2pac was an average lyricsist. But the stuff he rapped about was more important than anything any other rapper rapped about. 2pac wasnt great at one thing. He was good at all aspects of rapping. But he had more emotion and was deeper than everyother rapper in history. And everyone knows that Nas copies 2pac. Why do you think he started rapping about being a thug.?

people seem not to get that point they focus on one aspect of his rapping then all. Average lyricist maybe, but shit most people dont even have a good defination for the term "lyrcist". If that being able spit thought provoking rhymes and be able to switch up the content then damn he a better lyricsit then most the poeple being listed. He's not overated in my mind, he extremly underated as a complete rapper.

Nas doesnt bite Pac though, his flow mimics more Rakim if anything

MAKaveli_10 said:

First Off Nas >>> Tupac
Second Illmatic >>>> Any Pac Album

It Aint Hard To Tell

Nas Did Not Bite Tupac Style, Thats Just Tupac Stans For You, Matter In Fact It Was Tupac Who Was Dissin Nas's It Was Written But Still Using A Song From There (I Gave You Power) To Get Influnced About Making A Simlar Song On His Own Album (Me And My Girlfreind)

And All Y'all Acting Like Tupac Bought The Word ''Thug'' In To The Game, When Rakim And Krs-One And Many Others Said It Before Pac In The Late 80's

So Has It Occured That Nas Start Rapping About Being A Thug When Listening To Rakim Or Krs-One, Or Even Tupac Could Of Took It Off Them, But You Stans Just Listen To Pac, No1 Else, Buy Rakims, Krs-Ones And Big Daddy Kanes Albums.

So You Dont Know For Sure If Nas Start Rapping About Being A Thugs When Man Of His Other Favourite Artists Said It :thumb:

Lost Tapes said:
First Off Nas >>> Tupac
Second Illmatic >>>> Any Pac Album

It Aint Hard To Tell

Nas Did Not Bite Tupac Style, Thats Just Tupac Stans For You, Matter In Fact It Was Tupac Who Was Dissin Nas's It Was Written But Still Using A Song From There (I Gave You Power) To Get Influnced About Making A Simlar Song On His Own Album (Me And My Girlfreind)

And All Y'all Acting Like Tupac Bought The Word ''Thug'' In To The Game, When Rakim And Krs-One And Many Others.

So Has It Occured That Nas Start Rapping About Being A Thug When Listening To Rakim Or Krs-One, Or Even Tupac Could Of Took It Off Them, But You Stans Just Listen To Pac, No1 Else, Buy Rakims, Krs-Ones And Big Daddy Kanes Albums.

So You Dont Know For Sure If Nas Start Rapping About Being A Thugs When Man Of His Other Favourite Artists Said It :thumb:

7 DAY THOERY>>ANY NAS ALBUM
2ND ALL EYES ON ME>> ALL OF NAS ALBUMZ N SALES
N 3RD NAS LOST

GHETTO-ESTRELLA said:
7 DAY THOERY>>ANY NAS ALBUM
2ND ALL EYES ON ME>> ALL OF NAS ALBUMZ N SALES
N 3RD NAS LOST

I Think You Can Mention Albums And Artists Beyond Sales, So Plz Get Pac's Cock Out Your Mouth, His Sperm Is Not Good For You :thumb:

aloivas said:
^ The only people i've seen who say they hate Pac are lame Aesop Rock nerds and maybe hardcore NY heads. The Aesop fans don't really hate him they just say it to be different and the NY heads don't really hate him they just say it because they feel they're bound by loyalty.
"rapper" and "emcee" are the same thing.
I LIKE AESOP ROCK, AM I A NERD? ARE YOU SURE AESOP ROCK FANS HATE HIM? AND THATS ITS ONLY TO BE DIFFERENT LIKE YOU SAY? ARE YOU SURE ITS NOT BECAUSE THEY WERENT FELIN THAT CALIFORNIA LOVE, IM GETTIN PAID, IM A PUSSY CUZ MY MOM IS A CRACK HEAD, OH BOO HOO MY LIFE SUCKS BULLSHIT?

EVERY PERSON INTERPRETS MUSIC DIFFERENTLY, SO BEFORE YOU GO RUNNIN OFF ABOUT SO CALLED 'BACKPACKERS' YOU SHOULD REALLY FOCUS MORE ON PEOPLE USING THEIR SHIRT TO SELL A RECORD WHO DONT HAVE AN GRAM OF LYRICISM IN THEIR GAME.

WHICH BRINGS ME TO MY NEXT POINT, THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN RAPPER AND MCEE. AN MCEE USES WORDS IN A WAY THAT MAKES YOU THINK. A RAPPER IS SOMEONE WHO RHYMES 'BLOCK' WITH 'ROCK' AND RAPS ABOUT THEY 'NOLIA CLAP.

WITH ALL THAT SHIT IN MIND, ID LIKE TO CLOSE WITH A FAMILIAR SAYING, "OPINIONS ARE LIKE ASSHOLES, EVERYONE HAS ONE"

NAIL IN THE COFFIN. PZ

I think there are ppl who say "Pac aint the best", just to sound wise. They act like they´re done with the tupac thing and are grown now.
This is a hard case: The Dickryders vs The Antidickryders, who will ever win this battle? No one, its all about opinions. I count myself to the 2pac and Nas dickryders, yes I am! Back to the point. Why is Tupac the best? Because no rapper has made so many songs I love. Of course some other rapper have made songs that are at least as good as pac songs or even better. Be honest, no rapper has so much quantity of such damn good quality rap songs, the only rapper who comes very close is Nas or Ice Cube. Tupacs music got so many different feelings, its just unbelieveable, ok ok others too, but Im feelin pac the most. Well, how can you make an Eminem dickeater clear, that he aint the best. Impossible.

Before you send me your hate, read my text again.

Tonio1986 said:
I think there are ppl who say "Pac aint the best", just to sound wise. They act like they´re done with the tupac thing and are grown now.
This is a hard case: The Dickryders vs The Antidickryders, who will ever win this battle? No one, its all about opinions. I count myself to the 2pac and Nas dickryders, yes I am! Back to the point. Why is Tupac the best? Because no rapper has made so many songs I love. Of course some other rapper have made songs that are at least as good as pac songs or even better. Be honest, no rapper has so much quantity of such damn good quality rap songs, the only rapper who comes very close is Nas or Ice Cube. Tupacs music got so many different feelings, its just unbelieveable, ok ok others too, but Im feelin pac the most. Well, how can you make an Eminem dickeater clear, that he aint the best. Impossible.

you should seriosuly get repped for that knowledge right there

Tonio1986 said:

No hate you see no 1 would have said shit if you didn't state ur opinion as a fact...Lemme quote you to explain what I mean:

Why is Tupac the best?
<<That's all...

If you say...tupac is my favourite cuz of this and that and this..no 1 can say shit cuz thats ya opinion...the moment you state it like you just did...You are gonna get replies...replies you won't like...
So don't state it as a fact all ppl can do is laugh at you..and you can shut em up by saying well that's my opinion..and I ask you to respect it cuz i respect yours too...

All im saying is...when you grow out of it..you start looking at his music a bit different..at a point you realise that certain song isn't so hot as everybody always said...and you thought...

I mean...some still like that thug shit not me..when I say im grew out of pac's music im saying I can only still listen to the songs where he got something nice to say ( white manz world...)...I can't stand that hard shit ne more...at least in that form..and that is just my opinion..

Plus I always wanna hear new music so that's really just something personal...The more new music you check the more you forget about pac...

So maybe it's a bit wrong to say..If you still listen much pac..you probably don't check a lot of new shit out...and if you do..you must really really really like his music that much..and in that case you are either addicted or a pacdickryder and if ur a pacdickryder you're addicted too...

one mc on dj said:
No hate you see no 1 would have said shit if you didn't state ur opinion as a fact...Lemme quote you to explain what I mean:

<<That's all...

If you say...tupac is my favourite cuz of this and that and this..no 1 can say shit cuz thats ya opinion...the moment you state it like you just did...You are gonna get replies...replies you won't like...
So don't state it as a fact all ppl can do is laugh at you..and you can shut em up by saying well that's my opinion..and I ask you to respect it cuz i respect yours too...

All im saying is...when you grow out of it..you start looking at his music a bit different..at a point you realise that certain song isn't so hot as everybody always said...and you thought...

I mean...some still like that thug shit not me..when I say im grew out of pac's music im saying I can only still listen to the songs where he got something nice to say ( white manz world...)...I can't stand that hard shit ne more...at least in that form..and that is just my opinion..

Plus I always wanna hear new music so that's really just something personal...The more new music you check the more you forget about pac...

So maybe it's a bit wrong to say..If you still listen much pac..you probably don't check a lot of new shit out...and if you do..you must really really really like his music that much..and in that case you are either addicted or a pacdickryder and if ur a pacdickryder you're addicted too...
you`re done, cause you listened too much and yeah Im listening to many many others.

Chronic

Quran said:
Think about it....Listen to the things he says in songs like Mamas Just a Little Girl, What about Im Getting Money, Nah Better Yet Against all odds. What Im saying is that there are so many songs that approach different aspects of life. People say he was hypricritical, but those are the same people who are "Silent Hyprocrites" Doing things in the dark. Pac let it all show. EVERY SIDE. He may not have been a gangsta, but he had anger. He show that when he fought various times, shot the cops, expressing his self on T.V., in interviews. Then People say he can't compare to Malcom X. WHY NOT?????? They had different approaches. Just think if Pac was in X's position as a activist or whatever Malcom X was and Malcom was a Rapper. But that aint the point. The point is when you listen to Pac, listen to what the man is saying. Listen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am now going to cut down your post to where it's only related to Pac being a good rapper.

Quran said:
Listen to the things he says in songs like Mamas Just a Little Girl, What about Im Getting Money, Nah Better Yet Against all odds. What Im saying is that there are so many songs that approach different aspects of life.
Great argument. I'm convinced.

Tonio1986 said:
you`re done, cause you listened too much and yeah Im listening to many many others.
No not really..but ya know...at some point I just realised I liked other music a lot more..I guess it's different for everyone..

And I don't expect any 1 on this board to be what ppl call dickryders in 10 years from now...I expect that shit to slowly change...It will happen when the time's right I guess but I was done with it real quick :p..no homo..

What I also realised is that you can't force people to change. You can't force people to think like you do. What you CAN do is let em know how you think! Most of the time I 4get that but sometimes I remind myself of it and switch up my whole attitude towards a member...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.