How Can People Say Tupac/Makaveli is not the Greatest Rap Artist of All Time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigg Limn

Staff member
artisticgurl said:
This is what people mean by opinions. Limn's opinion is that to decide the greatest of all time that rapper needs to have great lyricism, yours is that the message needs to have a deep meaning and delivered in a way that is beleivable. You are both right because you are looking at it from different angles.
Thank you, 2 bad Pac dickryiders wont understand that. I used to think Pac was the greatest...now I can't really listen to his shit; but in the same token I can't listen to a lot of rap nowadays...just my taste. And my post is based on what other people at other boards have said, because you go to boards that aren't 2Pac-based and he rarely gets love.

Peace

Scoobyffc

i cant understand how someone that has accomplished hundreds of songs, millions of albuns sold WORLDWIDE and everything that was already said here(like lyrics, subjects, awards, delivery, leadership, his work method) in only +-6 years cant be the Greatest, while these cats that youre saying here are in the game for decades and are fighting to see who is the next Pac, or wich one is the biggest biter, recyclin his lyrics or song themes...
and during this 15 years in the game they dont have 5+ Albuns, less than that if you count a classic one NEAR T7D, AEOM, Strictly, SIR, MATW ...... and others

i mean, the guy was a teenager when he started and died so fucking young, and he MADE IT ....

Today I like a lot of new rappers and sometimes I get a little tired of this repetitive shit, but Pac i can bump everyday
to me his is the Goat

i hope you understand that...im fuckin high

peaceee

Are we going to keep repeating the same bullshit ?

It is obvious...Theres 3 groups....YOu have the pac lovers...second group is the ex-pac fans....and the third group is the group that never liked pac....

I have seen 3 pages in this tread been to millions of discussions and realised ppl will never agree....The pac lovers will never try to see through the eyes of ex-pac fans and the ones that never liked his shit....They refuse 2....The ones that never liked his shit don't see a reason to like him now...and the ex-pac fans try to convince the pac lovers too much they should grow the fuck up...I say we just let em go..most of em don't even listen to other music neway...personally I can't stand that...but I just let it go...

People dont need to say it for him to be it. Who else can have albums out 10 years after his death? a movie? better yet, who can nerrarate ther own life/movie after their death? fuck, you dont have to have punchlines to be the greatest/legend!!! every rapper u think of in ur head has used a pac line/metaphor/or was influenced by pac. Even pac's "enemies" say hes "the greatest/one of the greatest/legend" I personally dont care whether people say it or not, cuz i know he is. By the way, u think puffy always droppin "biggie is #1/biggies the greatest" every chance he gets changes anything? NO.

one mc on dj said:
Are we going to keep repeating the same bullshit ?

It is obvious...Theres 3 groups....YOu have the pac lovers...second group is the ex-pac fans....and the third group is the group that never liked pac....

I have seen 3 pages in this tread been to millions of discussions and realised ppl will never agree....The pac lovers will never try to see through the eyes of ex-pac fans and the ones that never liked his shit....They refuse 2....The ones that never liked his shit don't see a reason to like him now...and the ex-pac fans try to convince the pac lovers too much they should grow the fuck up...I say we just let em go..most of em don't even listen to other music neway...personally I can't stand that...but I just let it go...
i see what your saying and agree with you. Not all pac lovers are narrow minded tho. I mean i love pac's music but i listen to other rappers. Not all my friends like pac or as much as i do but like u said...i let it go

PACISMAKAVELI said:
i see what your saying and agree with you. Not all pac lovers are narrow minded tho. I mean i love pac's music but i listen to other rappers. Not all my friends like pac or as much as i do but like u said...i let it go
Yeah I know not every pac lover is narrow minded but it was just easy to point em out as one group...So no diss to all others...

I don't understand why people always got to lable someone as the greatest, it happens in every aspect of life, it's a waste of time.
Just respect people for what they have achieved and recognize them as great, cause there's a lot of great artists and people out there, not a single greatest of all time

Bigg Limn

Staff member
radkin said:
I don't understand why people always got to lable someone as the greatest, it happens in every aspect of life, it's a waste of time.
Just respect people for what they have achieved and recognize them as great, cause there's a lot of great artists and people out there, not a single greatest of all time
A rep for intelligence my friend. :thumb:

verstality is whats makes him better then most, he was the most verstile rapper in terms of content/lyrics, he is the Jordan of rap, good on every level

Diaz said:
It depends on opinion sir, 2Pac was never on that punchline shit and all that good stuff, he just rapped emotions and stuff.

In my opinion Pac is the best tho. :):thumb:
Exactly he rapped emotion and politics. If you can rap about that, you have to be really good. Like Biggie was really good but he never rapped with emotion like 2pac. Jay-z is good but he was a biter and Nas sometimes acts too much like 2pac.

roaches said:
Because there are better rappers than 2Pac out there.

On the west coast alone: Ice Cube, Boots Riley, Ras Kass
The golden age's finest: Big Daddy Kane, Chuck D, Kool G Rap, KRS-One, Rakim, Slick Rick
From, say, the south, you could argue for Bun B and/or Andre, and Face def. gets the nod.
There's the east coast's finest - Biggie, Jay-Z, Nas, Pharoahe Monch... you could make legit arguments.
:rolleyes:

roaches said:

The golden age's finest: Big Daddy Kane, Chuck D, Kool G Rap, KRS-One, Rakim, Slick Rick
From, say, the south, you could argue for Bun B and/or Andre, and Face def. gets the nod.
There's the east coast's finest - Biggie, Jay-Z, Nas, Pharoahe Monch... you could make legit arguments.
Roaches are you high. I bet if you ask these rappers 99% of them will say tupac is better than them. Im not saying that these guys suck, theyre legends but they aint got nuttin on tupac. He made rap big. He was a poet and wrote real shit.

yes but to the majority of the people that listen to hip hop they recognize 2pac was the greatest. im not sayin he is but when i go out to clubs and shit people tell me they think pac was the greatest.

7 Syns said:
Tupac has/had perhaps the greatest and realest content of work. His subject matter at times was just amazing, it was reality rap. However he'd occasionally be caught in the mainstream whirlwind and record songs which were ass. "Toss It Up" being an example. For the greatest, I believe and this is my opinion. That you gotta have the ability to entertain, lyrically be diverse with both rhymes and subjet matter. Be able to switch the flow up and ride almost any beat ya hear. Put on a great live show, have charisma, be able to get deep and personal. Be able to write punchlines which aren't corny, same with metaphors and so on and so forth.
No emcee has all that in their arsenol. So there is no greatest of all time. That and the matter of the fact be, time hasn't finished yet. There's personal favorites and opinions to judge but thats all it is. Opinions.

peace.

accept for maybe lyrically diverse with rhymes which I have to say is a close one to say (if you mean rhyming the same word or diffrent song subjects) 2pac had that. What your saying is basically be verstile, which 2pac was to me. The claim to the top crown is legit with him

roaches said:

dont agree at all with that claim espically Ice Cube who sounds the same on all his song no matter what the subject. Ice Cube just isnt verstile enough. From what you saying with all the rest of those listed is more of lyricism/flows. I dont think that one aspect makes them better then 2pac as an overal rapper.

Nas >>> Tupac

Tupac is in my top 10 but he a average lyricsist, there are many emcees out there that are lyrically better then Pac, they might not have the charisma or deepness Pac had but all-round they are probably better

Lost Tapes said:
Nas >>> Tupac

Tupac is in my top 10 but he a average lyricsist, there are many emcees out there that are lyrically better then Pac, they might not have the charisma or deepness Pac had but all-round they are probably better

I disagree with both them statements, overla Pac is better those otehr have just one aspect mastered of hip-hop while Pac was good at many of the aspects which people list as what makes a great rapper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.