How Can People Say Tupac/Makaveli is not the Greatest Rap Artist of All Time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
he has been idolized in LA. You can cruise down the shaw any time of the day and you still hear cats bumping 2pac. Not his new shit..some of that All eyes on me, makaveli, even 2pacalypse sometimes. Maybe its an LA thing. New music comes out...in da club, how we do comes and goes but me against the world, only god can judge me, how long will they mourn me, stays. His prescence is ubiquitious and doubt it will dminish anytime soon. Shit,, i know people who have gotten into fights/ would fight with someone who dissed 2pac.

And, i didnt find this out until recently. I met a man who worked in the administration office at Clinton correctional at the time of 2pacs passing. he explained how he literally felt the entire prison atmosphere change the day he died. he wrote an article about it on a website he created for stopping gang youth.. i lost the link though.

Whats crazier is when mexcian gangs, who claim to be 'black killers' (for a lack of a better word) state that they feel 2pac, and that he is the only black that is all right.

Hot

I know I might catch some hate for this but theres only really a few pac songs I can still listen to without gettin bored now. Pain being one. Its just one of my fave tracks of all time.

In my honest opinion though...*deep breath* he isnt in the top 5.

Nas Hahaha, boy nas aint shit compared to pac, nas bites pac's rhymes and nas aint da only one, people remixn pac's songs cuz even his enemys realise he was the great mc. eg. Gay-Z. Hot if pac aint even in ur top 5 then who is??

Seriously dawg u need to get ur head out of ur ass, cuz i can see ur opinions come from there.

_intense_ said:
Nas Hahaha, boy nas aint shit compared to pac, nas bites pac's rhymes and nas aint da only one, people remixn pac's songs cuz even his enemys realise he was the great mc. eg. Gay-Z. Hot if pac aint even in ur top 5 then who is??

Seriously dawg u need to get ur head out of ur ass, cuz i can see ur opinions come from there.
nas is one of the best mc

Bigg Limn

Staff member
People don't consider Pac a GOAT because he wasnt that amazing of a lyricist. Yeah his content was deep and his delivery was probably the most emotional around, but lyrically he wasn't that great and there are plenty better.

Bobby Sands

Yea,but Cube has been garbage since mid 90s.

People say that 2Pac wasnt very good lyrically but there are a lot of songs where he is awesome lyrically.

Pac was the greatest imo cos he had the all round package.

Tupac Tha Great said:
Yea,but Cube has been garbage since mid 90s.

People say that 2Pac wasnt very good lyrically but there are a lot of songs where he is awesome lyrically.

Pac was the greatest imo cos he had the all round package.

cube has bin garbage since mid 90's, right, sure :rolleyes:

Can you tell me where exactly he went crap? becuz to my knowledge the guy stopped rapping in the mid 90s, if anything he went out on top.

Hot

Oh and intense. Get out of here with that kind of talk. Just makes you look stupid

And heres my top 5.
1.Nas
2.Canibus
3.BIG
4.Common
5.Masta Ace

Cmon, hit me with your 50cent and pac top 5. Cant wait to see it

Limn said:
People don't consider Pac a GOAT because he wasnt that amazing of a lyricist. Yeah his content was deep and his delivery was probably the most emotional around, but lyrically he wasn't that great and there are plenty better.
yeah these otha rapper must use tons of wordplays and special words to come around..

but wordplay are not that important, the message behind thats important...
and pacs lyrics are the realest eva he deliverd it on the direct way..

ArtsyGirl

but wordplay are not that important, the message behind thats important...
and pacs lyrics are the realest eva he deliverd it on the direct way..
This is what people mean by opinions. Limn's opinion is that to decide the greatest of all time that rapper needs to have great lyricism, yours is that the message needs to have a deep meaning and delivered in a way that is beleivable. You are both right because you are looking at it from different angles.

artisticgurl said:
This is what people mean by opinions. Limn's opinion is that to decide the greatest of all time that rapper needs to have great lyricism, yours is that the message needs to have a deep meaning and delivered in a way that is beleivable. You are both right because you are looking at it from different angles.
Couldn't be said better.

Quran said:
Think about it....Listen to the things he says in songs like Mamas Just a Little Girl, What about Im Getting Money, Nah Better Yet Against all odds. What Im saying is that there are so many songs that approach different aspects of life. People say he was hypricritical, but those are the same people who are "Silent Hyprocrites" Doing things in the dark. Pac let it all show. EVERY SIDE. He may not have been a gangsta, but he had anger. He show that when he fought various times, shot the cops, expressing his self on T.V., in interviews. Then People say he can't compare to Malcom X. WHY NOT?????? They had different approaches. Just think if Pac was in X's position as a activist or whatever Malcom X was and Malcom was a Rapper. But that aint the point. The point is when you listen to Pac, listen to what the man is saying. Listen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ur only looking at pac from a positive side now look at all the bullshit records he has put out...Than I am talking about all the bullshit he released next to his soft stuff ( soft= dope no homo)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.