Hip Hop vs. Rap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man I know nothing of American football, I was more refering to an auction although I knew that commentors say shit like that in American sports..... whatever floats your boat

Peace

MC mufasa said:
How can you further your hip hop experience by keeping yourself ignorant from rappers? How do you know that an artist isn't interesting when you keep yourself ignorant from their material? Doesnt make sense.
I don't ignore any artists. Not at all. I mean, 8 months ago I was not a Young Buck fan. Matter of fact, the only member of G-Unit I even partially liked was Banks. However, in time I was given opportunities to check out various songs off Straight Outta Cashville about 2 weeks before the album dropped. What was funny was that as I was getting ready to listen to his songs, I was loathing the fact that I was about to listen to his songs because I thought he was going to suck. So, you know, I mean, I even went into the "test listen" with a preconcieved notion that it was gonna be trash...and I ended up loving the whole album.

I don't close my mind off to any artist, I just only take suggestions concerning what I should listen to from people who seem to know what they're talking about. Also, just because I have no desire to check out this Jean Grae person right now, doesn't mean I won't get the urge in 2 months.

The Almighty Nasquad said:
Yo Jason, quick question, what is your opinion on 50 Cent's "Power of the Dollar"...?
Don't have one. Never listened to the album. I heard Wanksta and In Da Club and P.I.M.P. and after hearing the singles that he has put out and whatever has made that BET and MTV have played. I don't like a single one of his solo songs from his Shady/Aftermath days. I like the beats to most of them but not 50. So, due to all I've just said, I've never had an urge to check the album out. The speakers on my computer hasn't worked in a year, so to listen to audio on the PC, I have to go to the library. So I don't have any file sharing services.

I've heard many say Power of the Dollar is his best album.

Yo, I don't know this kid Jason but from reading a few posts he seems harmless; unknowledgeable but there is nothing wrong with him. I don't know why some of you people have your panties in a bunch. So the guy doesn't know that much about the hip-hop culture or rap music. So what? He's embraced "your" culture, so instead of flaming his ass why don't you educate him a more sophiticated matter; or is that too hard for some of you? Is this another race thing where the everyone teams up on the white boy who doesn't know too much about rap but is trying? I didn't even read all of the posts in this thread but I can tell some of the flamers probably didn't even know rap was part of the hip-hop culture. For example, Hurtz pratically pharaphrased the second post either to suck up or put of a facade of an all knowing rap fan. Isn't this what a message board is for?

Stop hating on the kid trying to compensate for some of the disadvantages you have in reality. It's a dam online forum. I'm sick and tired of the eminem fans vs. all shit that goes on here.

Diddy7 said:
Yo, I don't know this kid Jason but from reading a few posts he seems harmless; unknowledgeable but there is nothing wrong with him. I don't know why some of you people have your panties in a bunch. So the guy doesn't know that much about the hip-hop culture or rap music. So what? He's embraced "your" culture, so instead of flaming his ass why don't you educate him a more sophiticated matter; or is that too hard for some of you? Is this another race thing where the everyone teams up on the white boy who doesn't know too much about rap but is trying? I didn't even read all of the posts in this thread but I can tell some of the flamers probably didn't even know rap was part of the hip-hop culture. For example, Hurtz pratically pharaphrased the second post either to suck up or put of a facade of an all knowing rap fan. Isn't this what a message board is for?

Stop hating on the kid trying to compensate for some of the disadvantages you have in reality. It's a dam online forum. I'm sick and tired of the eminem fans vs. all shit that goes on here.
LMAO...Uh...dude, I'm far from "unknowledgeable" about rap. I have a very good knowledge of rap as I've been listening to it all my life.

And 28 years old is hardly a "kid".

jason_g_718 said:
LMAO...Uh...dude, I'm far from "unknowledgeable" about rap. I have a very good knowledge of rap as I've been listening to it all my life.

Not really. You don't know much at all.

jason_g_718 said:

work with me here. I'm trying to defend you. :rolleyes:

Diddy7 said:
work with me here. I'm trying to defend you. :rolleyes:
LOL, well, no dude, don't get me wrong, I appreciate the "support", but I can handle myself. Half of these people who think they're "clowning" me are kids like 14, 15, 16, 17. LOL, I ain't even concerned about them. Plus, I've said it once and I'll say it again. To quote Bank Robber from about 2 months ago "the majority of the people on this forum are idiots".

Thanks for the "support" though, lol :thumb:

jason_g_718 said:
LOL, well, no dude, don't get me wrong, I appreciate the "support", but I can handle myself. Half of these people who think they're "clowning" me are kids like 14, 15, 16, 17. LOL, I ain't even concerned about them. Plus, I've said it once and I'll say it again. To quote Bank Robber from about 2 months ago "the majority of the people on this forum are idiots".

Thanks for the "support" though, lol :thumb:

My friend you don't understand. You fall under that "majority" category because you're stupidity has been flourishing these past few weeks. Look at this thread Jason. "Hip hop is pop, but rap is harcore stuff"... OK! Very smart :thumb:

Age is irrelevant in this case. When your argument is disproven by a minor, it does not mean that they should then be ignored. If someone younger than you completely refutes your points, don't try to bring up their young age to make them look like they have no credibility. That just shows you are weak and you have to resort to saying irrelevant things to try defend yourself. Nice try, butterfly.

And, ofcoarse i know nothing about you. Not the point. Look at this thread. My assumptions that you know nothing about hip hop are justified because of what you tried to say in this thread.

No, it is not my bedtime.

MC mufasa said:
My friend you don't understand. You fall under that "majority" category because you're stupidity has been flourishing these past few weeks. Look at this thread Jason. "Hip hop is pop, but rap is harcore stuff"... OK! Very smart :thumb:

Age is irrelevant in this case. When your argument is disproven by a minor, it does not mean that they should then be ignored. If someone younger than you completely refutes your points, don't try to bring up their young age to make them look like they have no credibility. That just shows you are weak and you have to resort to saying irrelevant things to try defend yourself. Nice try, butterfly.

And, ofcoarse i know nothing about you. Not the point. Look at this thread. My assumptions that you know nothing about hip hop are justified because of what you tried to say in this thread.

No, it is not my bedtime.
Eh...all I can do is laugh. I was cocky and arrogant just like you when I was 16. I knew it all too. Eh...you tell yourself what you want.

jason_g_718 said:
As for respect..*busts out laughing* Respect isn't even an issue in regards to people I don't know. Especially someone I don't know on the internet. Who the fuck you think you are?

LMAO @ "you're finished", that was the funniest one.
if you dont care bout respect. why do u spend 8 hours a day defending yourself ,huh, why, where only people you dont know on the internet right?

i didnt mean your finished, obviously , your still here, unfortunately, i meant your dignity is finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.