Hip Hop vs. Rap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rock

Pittsey said:
Changes is a pop song.
Doesn't mean you can't like it. And I wouldn't say it was deep.
I like changes, or I did when it came out. But I'm not insecure enough to say it isn't pop, I can like pop songs if I want.
it was more a rap song before amaru went ahead and changed the beat :( :mad:

but its still a good song :)

jason_g_718 said:
:rolleyes:

You don't know me, stop pretending you know what I know.
I dont know much about your personality, what I know is that you keep postin bullshit, often with no sense and that many ppl on this board dont like you much, so ask yourself why?

Is Everyone else wrong or you?

Peace

jasonjump off a cliff or i have a better solution... Be open minded, you ARE WRONG I mean there's no debate... Hip Hop is a culture, and Rap is apart of it... There are different types of rap music... That's why you have Tupac (RIP), that's why you have 50 cent... there's alot of ways you can use rap music, so don't trip ... soak up some game son.

VENOMOUS

On Probation: Please report any break in the guide
jason_g_718 said:
Am I the only one who thinks there's a difference between hip hop and rap? I know, or at least I think that most people just see the two as being synonyms of each other, but I don't see it that way. For example, from my perspective, here's the difference between rap and hip hop:

Hip Hop music is songs such as:
Changes, Country Grammar, In Da Club, Business, Holidae Inn

Rap music is songs such as:
Blasphemy, Soldier, Black Gloves, What's My Name?

To me hip hop is representative of songs that have more of a lighter attitude about them, or songs that have a pop-like sound. For example, Business is a hip hop song, but I don't see it being pop. However, Changes is also a hip hop song to me, but it is DEFINATELY pop.

And obviously by the things I typed above, a rapper can make both hip hop AND rap songs.

Am I the only one that views this from this perspective?
you fucking dummy.......i guess you were the only one with that stupid ass perspective

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.