Eminem's current rapping style

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Silleone said:
after mmlp if he died i dont think he would be a legend , after the eminem show he would definatly be a rap legend.

these days when i hear his shit its just boring, back in the day i liked his freestyle becuz they were shocking but hilarious, these days its just some pure average shit, its like litening to 50cent with a better flow.

I didn't like Eminem show as much as the previous 2.
But yeah he's boring now, I used to anticipate his next track or album, but now I don't. But I'm still impressed with his skills, but what really made me a fan of hip-hop is lyrics and content, a song lasts so much longer with that than a song with a hot beat.

Cown

^Don't think it's average, it's just been spit too many times for it to impress anymore, that's the faze he has to overcome right now, question is if he even wants to rap anymore, maybe he's focusing more on his productions instead.

CalcuoCuchicheo said:
Who's his competition?

I could run off a list of rappers who I think easily hold their own against Eminem but nobody is in the limelight as much & no-one touches him with sales meaning on his albums he can piss around knowing there is no-one competing for his spot.
Well competition depends on how look at the word competition...So here's an idea..I don't wanna turn this into a underground vs mainstream rap simply cuz no 1 gives a shit...but this is one of the most used arguments for underground heads to dislike eminem...hold up..:

Get Eminem on stage battlin some real battle rappers...You see if that is not competition I dont know...Let's say him and canibus battled...Now how many ppl would not say canibus is no match for canibus in an on stage freestyle battle :confused:..If Eminem loses this battle his sales would prolly drop too you know why? Because rite now theres so many kids who say he is the best rapper out and he can't be fucked with..( even tho he lost battles)..

This is what I hear alot and I agree with it because that is competion..BUt it doesn't have to be canibus tho...BUt ya know I dont even have to explain why I used canibus as example rite... :p

So basically when I said competition I meant a battle

Pittsey said:
I didn't like Eminem show as much as the previous 2.
But yeah he's boring now, I used to anticipate his next track or album, but now I don't. But I'm still impressed with his skills, but what really made me a fan of hip-hop is lyrics and content, a song lasts so much longer with that than a song with a hot beat.

true i couldnt agree more, these days its like most albums can never be classic becuz the producer is the only one doing the work, the rapper just comes in there and spits some wack shit.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
one mc on dj said:
Well competition depends on how look at the word competition...So here's an idea..I don't wanna turn this into a underground vs mainstream rap simply cuz no 1 gives a shit...but this is one of the most used arguments for underground heads to dislike eminem...hold up..:

Get Eminem on stage battlin some real battle rappers...You see if that is not competition I dont know...Let's say him and canibus battled...Now how many ppl would not say canibus is no match for canibus in an on stage freestyle battle :confused:..If Eminem loses this battle his sales would prolly drop too you know why? Because rite now theres so many kids who say he is the best rapper out and he can't be fucked with..( even tho he lost battles)..

This is what I hear alot and I agree with it because that is competion..BUt it doesn't have to be canibus tho...BUt ya know I dont even have to explain why I used canibus as example rite... :p

So basically when I said competition I meant a battle

He's a good battle rapper, but not unbeatable. And he wasn't the best before he was famous. He was however one of the best, and he had a lot of hunger.
But Eminem is able to make the crossover into mainstream, and he also excels in every skill that an MC needs. This is what makes him a good rapper. The only things he lacks at the moment is hunger and content of his rhymes. Like you say, lack of competiton, or no-one who he's compete with. I don't believe he'll ever get the hunger back so maybe he needs to flip it somehow, the idea of the funeral sounds good, although it's probably fake.

ARon

The thing that bothers me about Eminem is this.
There is always an excuse for him not putting out good music.
He has ran out of things to say, he is bored, he wants to produce, there is no competition, i can go on but you get the point.
The man is supposed to be an artist, go look at the Thugz Mansion section, the thread about Dali i think his name was, that guy is an artist, Outkast doing crazy shit with every album consistently, they are artists, Rakim with the influence and charisma to do this what seems like forever makes you an artist, not losing focus or running out of things to say after maybe a couple above par albums, makes you an artist.
All in All...
Eminem is supposed to be an artist, stop making excuses for him.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Aristotle said:
The thing that bothers me about Eminem is this.
There is always an excuse for him not putting out good music.
He has ran out of things to say, he is bored, he wants to produce, there is no competition, i can go on but you get the point.
The man is supposed to be an artist, go look at the Thugz Mansion section, the thread about Dali i think his name was, that guy is an artist, Outkast doing crazy shit with every album consistently, they are artists, Rakim with the influence and charisma to do this what seems like forever makes you an artist, not losing focus or running out of things to say after maybe a couple above par albums, makes you an artist.
All in All...
Eminem is supposed to be an artist, stop making excuses for him.

They're not excuses they're reasons. He's obviously talented so there must be reasons why his music took a downward turn.
Another could be Eminem giving up drugs, but maybe i'm grabbing at straws.

ARon

"They're not excuses they're reasons."
Im sorry but you can't be serious. So Eminem is just bored, or wait. Maybe he is now trying to fill the shoes and use the same ideas of his "mentor" Dr. Dre. Just trying to keep us anticipated and keep us eager trying to hear more GOOD music from him, but maybe i'm grabbing straws.
Eminem giving up drugs....... Truthfully, I'd expect that from someone like Jason G(sorry i had to mention you).
And your post clearly shows what im trying to say, Eminems fans are so quick to make EXCUSES for the guy it is unbelievable, he is human you know. Truthfully i dont mind discussing Eminem becuase he does make some tracks i like, but please keep it somewhat rational.
We are not these rappers, we do not walk in their shoes.
So why try to speak for them?

I didnt say there was a lack of competition tho @ pittsey I said theres enough competition and he could tell the whole world that by starting to battle on stage...again...You see him not battlin ne more has only to do with 1 reason in my eyes..The chance that he loses and will lose fans and money is too big...

CalcuoCuchicheo said:
If you know this my man, then why would Eminem do it?

He has no reason to risk his credibility like that.
I think we all lost eachother in this convo lol...

My point was there is enough competition he just doesnt wanna compete..and that is the reason why he keeps raping beats n shit...and that believe it or not wont make him lose money or fans ...

You don't even have to be a fan or a hater to figure out he doesnt want to risk losing his credibillity...

You know im a bit tired so my posts might be sumwhut fucked up ill edit em later if shits not clear enough :eek:

No, I think I get you now anyway.

What you're saying is that Eminem could find the competition if he went looking for it but, as you say, he'd rather not.

What I want to know though is, why do you think he should go in search of competition?

Although it would be better for Hip Hop fans if he did, the guy is sitting comfortable &, as we both know, is admired by a lot of people & I can't think of a reason for him to risk it.

CalcuoCuchicheo said:
No, I think I get you now anyway.

What you're saying is that Eminem could find the competition if he went looking for it but, as you say, he'd rather not.

What I want to know though is, why do you think he should go in search of competition?

Although it would be better for Hip Hop fans if he did, the guy is sitting comfortable &, as we both know, is admired by a lot of people & I can't think of a reason for him to risk it.
Well because his fans want him to..His fans are saying he is falling off...his thinking fans that is** ( lmao) im not talking about the groupies n shit...

But sumthing else maybe..maybe he could and his company could even make more money out of battling...BUt what bothers me is he keeps saying he is a battle rapper but the only ppl he battles is rappers that arent real battle rappers...he battles other companies...thats is not what a battle emcee is supposed to do right?

That is only his opinion Rene.
Rene, I think you should be offended that Calcuo obviously thinks you're too stupid to know the difference between fact and opinion, obviously if he thought you were smart enough to distinguish the two, he wouldn't have made this comment.

Not to take a dig Jason but the way you said this would make it appear to be a concrete fact.
Don't waste time by typing a post telling me how you think my comments come off to you because I couldn't fucking care less.

Making posts like these that have no real purpose is a fucking waste of space.

jason_g_718 said:
Rene, I think you should be offended that Calcuo obviously thinks you're too stupid to know the difference between fact and opinion, obviously if he thought you were smart enough to distinguish the two, he wouldn't have made this comment.

Don't waste time by typing a post telling me how you think my comments come off to you because I couldn't fucking care less.

Rene i think you should be offended because Jason is trying to defend like you are too stupid to defend yourself..

As for Jason I think you should quit making stupid comments about hip hop cuz u keep proving you have no idea what ur talking about.

jason g 718 said:
if you know this then why do you persist in doing so?

And as for me 'insulting' Rene - which i didn't do -, you just posted this in the other thread.

jason g 718 said:
Opinion and nothing more.
What's worse is Rosco actually used the word 'arguably' to so that it was clearly an opinion whereas you make assertive statements as if they are fact.

You can claim it was meant 'this way' or 'that way' all you want.

You don't have a job, so you have the time to brush up on your literary skills - I suggest you do it.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online