Eminem's current rapping style

Cown

I've noticed this also. I think he's challenging himself, making his music sound different in order to show that he is way more skilled then anticipated? I don't know, but I like the change, makes him sound more serious in his rhymes and gives you the feeling that the shit he spits just comes to him straight from the heart :thumb: I think we'll see some major changes from Eminem in the future, positice changes.

Peace

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Cown said:
I've noticed this also. I think he's challenging himself, making his music sound different in order to show that he is way more skilled then anticipated? I don't know, but I like the change, makes him sound more serious in his rhymes and gives you the feeling that the shit he spits just comes to him straight from the heart :thumb: I think we'll see some major changes from Eminem in the future, positice changes.

Peace

Agreed. But what he says bores me.

And to all you tech fans, post tracks where he flows inside the beat. Because I'm still not hearing it.

Cown

^True, he repeats regarding the topics he chooses to rap about, but then again, he's rapped about a lot of shit, so maybe it's hard for him to dig up some new issues, sort of like 50. 50 has a lot of recycled rhymes on The Massacre from GRODT. Maybe he has run out of inspiration and is trying to make up for it by changing and improving his flow and style?

in terms of content there isnt much em can rhyme about becuz he hasnt lived a truely bad life, all the tales of his life he basically revealed on the mmlp, he finished rapping bout his mother,kim,his uncles, but now that people have heard enough of them, hes kind of run out, his freestyles these days suck due to he doesnt have to prove hes dope so whats the point of impressing people with lyrics,, he sometimes tries to play the soldier role which dont suit him, hes now saying he dont want to beef so there really aint much for him to do, he'll never have the skill he once had becuz of his growth, also in my opinion hes "riding the beat" becuz he wants to keep the attention of the wack lyrics.

Silleone said:
in terms of content there isnt much em can rhyme about becuz he hasnt lived a truely bad life, all the tales of his life he basically revealed on the mmlp, he finished rapping bout his mother,kim,his uncles, but now that people have heard enough of them, hes kind of run out, his freestyles these days suck due to he doesnt have to prove hes dope so whats the point of impressing people with lyrics,, he sometimes tries to play the soldier role which dont suit him, hes now saying he dont want to beef so there really aint much for him to do, he'll never have the skill he once had becuz of his growth, also in my opinion hes "riding the beat" becuz he wants to keep the attention of the wack lyrics.
I know a way to get him freestylin like a muhfucka....

GET HIM ON AIR WITH CANIBUS :thumb:

^
Yeah, Eminem really needs to feed off of the energy of a situation & competition, as it is, there is no impending situations or competition & thus, he is left to spit about his life & thoughts - & that don't amount to anything of interest.

one mc on dj said:
there is competition enough but he got an image to hold up
Who's his competition?

I could run off a list of rappers who I think easily hold their own against Eminem but nobody is in the limelight as much & no-one touches him with sales meaning on his albums he can piss around knowing there is no-one competing for his spot.

Cown

CalcuoCuchicheo said:
Who's his competition?

I could run off a list of rappers who I think easily hold their own against Eminem but nobody is in the limelight as much & no-one touches him with sales meaning on his albums he can piss around knowing there is no-one competing for his spot.
That's true, so maybe that's why he has begun to experiment with his flow and voice more then he has done in the past. Eminem is Eminem and can't nobody do or say anything to change that. We've all seen people take hits at Eminem in hope of ruining his career, but everytime that happens Eminem comes out on top stronger and more powerful then before. He has no fear for rappers taking hits at him for rapping like he does, because people will still buy his albums like they've always done. Strage isn't it?

Cown said:
That's true, so maybe that's why he has begun to experiment with his flow and voice more then he has done in the past. Eminem is Eminem and can't nobody do or say anything to change that. We've all seen people take hits at Eminem in hope of ruining his career, but everytime that happens Eminem comes out on top stronger and more powerful then before. He has no fear for rappers taking hits at him for rapping like he does, because people will still buy his albums like they've always done. Strage isn't it?
Yeah, I think the expirimentation is just a result of his personal boredom & lack of topics he wants to rap about.

And he definitely spits better when he is under attack from other rappers.

It is weird though, how he is guaranteed sales that blow every other rapper out the water. I suppose it's the pop fans but still, nobody in rap has done it like that before him, or now.

Cown

CalcuoCuchicheo said:
Yeah, I think the expirimentation is just a result of his personal boredom & lack of topics he wants to rap about.

And he definitely spits better when he is under attack from other rappers.

It is weird though, how he is guaranteed sales that blow every other rapper out the water. I suppose it's the pop fans but still, nobody in rap has done it like that before him, or now.
Agreed, when he is under presure (from the fans when in beef with other rappers) his skills advance to another level. He spits lyrics that makes you go 'wow, I can't belive that motherfucka just said that' but when he's just rappin cuz he has to rap it's the same old topics about Kim, his daughter, homosexuals etc.

I guess Eminem is more of a trend then a rapper, you just have to have the album, if not you're an outsider... I dunno, it's too far out to narrow down lol

Cown said:

I wouldnt say he comes back stronger, i mean the ja, benzino beef in my opinion made him kinda wack, i mean, he beat benzino but didnt suceed in beating ja, ja lost sales which hes slowly gainin back, lost cred, which he got back due to 50 being a hypocrite(alot people didnt buy that dissin the other guy for being pop then turning around and doing the samething)and thanks to encore which sucked hard, i mean even until the end of time was better,hes just become another artist, the only thing uniqe about him is that hes white, lyriclly hes just above average but thanks to his sudden wackness, i wouldnt put him next to big, nas or pun.

Nick

CalcuoCuchicheo said:
Eminem really needs to feed off of the energy of a situation & competition, as it is, there is no impending situations or competition & thus, he is left to spit about his life & thoughts - & that don't amount to anything of interest.

I agree with that, cos imo he needs beef to be at his best. One of my favourite tracks by Em is The Sauce, cos when that came out I was just like, 'oh shit'. Pure energy, mad flow and all cos he was battling.

His style at the moment is cool, but its his content thats weak.

Silleone said:
lyriclly hes just above average
Lyrically Eminem is way above average & the strength of his lyrics really depend on his hunger.

If he wants it - like he did all the way up to The Eminem Show - he will spit fire.

Problem is, right now he isn't hungry & is lyrically wack at the moment because of it.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Silleone said:
lyriclly hes just above average but thanks to his sudden wackness, i wouldnt put him next to big, nas or pun.

I think he used to be amazing lyrically. And can still pull rhymes out the hat that makes my jaw drop.
I believe if he'd of died after MMLP he would be considered a legend by a lot of people out there and everyone would be saying.. "Imagine how good he'd be now if he didn't die."

Pittsey said:
I think he used to be amazing lyrically. And can still pull rhymes out the hat that makes my jaw drop.
I believe if he'd of died after MMLP he would be considered a legend by a lot of people out there and everyone would be saying.. "Imagine how good he'd be now if he didn't die."
after mmlp if he died i dont think he would be a legend , after the eminem show he would definatly be a rap legend.

these days when i hear his shit its just boring, back in the day i liked his freestyle becuz they were shocking but hilarious, these days its just some pure average shit, its like litening to 50cent with a better flow.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online