And MTV's Greatest MC of All Time Is...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke

Staff member
albohemia said:
incidentally, the one thing that shocks me in the midst of this conversation is how hard people ride 2Pac's dick, not only do you think his body of work is completely flawless in everyway but you don't even fault any of the guest appearances that ruined every album he has made, this alone ensures he never made a classic.
Dude's right. Pac is my GOAT as well because i like him best, but no way i'd say he's the best MC or lyricist.

See, whether he's the GOAT or not is a matter of personal choice. But that doesnt go for MC'ing or writing. There's certain criteria to be met there.

Bombsquad said:
So now 2Pac hasn't released any classic albums? That comment right there is crazy. That comment right there shows your a player hater in disguise. No one can do what anybody does. 2Pac did what he did best. Jay-Z did what he did best. To say that if any rapper was to make any of those pac albums, it wouldn't be classics is true, but at the same time not all the way. Although, if you were to give an upcoming artists that hasn't reached it's height such as freeway to put out an album like Better Dayz that you claim is so wack, it would boost his career. Those posthumous pac albums are great, but for 2pac it may be a little below him, but the albums are fair. If cassidy was to put out an album like the black album, do you think it would be considered classic? So at times it depends on who you are and what you are able to do.

Imo, 2pac is the perfect mc. He's everything an mc should be. He's had so many exclusive styles that so many people have taken from. If you want to talk about skills, there's more to being a lyricist than to have 2 million punchlines and metaphors on every song. That seems to me what you are leaning towards
just like everyone else that wants to take away from pac as a lyricists and as a rapper.
Your missing the point. We're talking about greatest emcee. Strip away everything you know about Pac, the media attention, the struggle, the charisma, the run ins with the law, the story of a Black panthers son, five shots...etc...
now think of him as just a normal emcee in New York, if he was to release the body of work he has and it wouldn't have received media attention he'd just be considered another average lyricist.

The only reason people think his work is amazing is because he is 2PAC! Greatest of all time...probably, greatest emcee of all time? never, classic album? not one...thats the cold hard truth!

albohemia said:
Your missing the point. We're talking about greatest emcee. Strip away everything you know about Pac, the media attention, the struggle, the charisma, the run ins with the law, the story of a Black panthers son, five shots...etc...
now think of him as just a normal emcee in New York, if he was to release the body of work he has and it wouldn't have received media attention he'd just be considered another average lyricist.

The only reason people think his work is amazing is because he is 2PAC! Greatest of all time...probably, greatest emcee of all time? never, classic album? not one...thats the cold hard truth!
If we're talking about the greatest mc's, we are talking about so many other characteristics. What you are talking about is a local artists. It's not all about skills. You can have all the skills in the world, but if you don't know how to make music you won't get anywhere. If you are a mixtape artists spitting all types of punchlines, you'll get a buzz, but if you are dropping good music, you'll get noticed no matter what. 2pac knew how to make good music and appeal to the soul, so even if he was a local artists, I feel he'd still have a fanbase around his region and would ultimately gain notoriety.

Bombsquad said:
If we're talking about the greatest mc's, we are talking about so many other characteristics. What you are talking about is a local artists. It's not all about skills. You can have all the skills in the world, but if you don't know how to make music you won't get anywhere. If you are a mixtape artists spitting all types of punchlines, you'll get a buzz, but if you are dropping good music, you'll get noticed no matter what. 2pac knew how to make good music and appeal to the soul, so even if he was a local artists, I feel he'd still have a fanbase around his region and would ultimately gain notoriety.
Well we'll never know, without all the controversy that surrounded 2Pac it is questionable whether he would of sold as many records..either way he still can't be considered the greatest emcee of all time.

albohemia said:
Well we'll never know, without all the controversy that surrounded 2Pac it is questionable whether he would of sold as many records..either way he still can't be considered the greatest emcee of all time.
you say it as if controversy is the only thing that made him sell. he was making good music in addition. If you don't make good music, you won't attract. No matter how many things you do. I don't think with all the controversy surrounding ODB that if he was to drop an album, he'd sell on controversy alone. If word gets around that so and so is wack, people won't check it out. Word use to get around in the streets like the new 2pac is hot. you may not like his music, but millions of people are attracted to the man cause of his music not because he was chasing down rappers with baseball bats. no matter what he was hot. I was listening to him before he blew up. I didn't really like him before the thug life album, but once I picked it up, I started feeling him and then gradually I started buying his other albums. all of which were great to me. and then when he died I started buying his makaveli albums that hit the streets. the main reason tupac's fanbase grew after his death is because of all the material that hit the streets. so many people were buying the bootlegs. and the bootleg stuff was unbelievable to so many people. posthumous retail albums played a part in his success, but imo his main fanbase came from all the bootlegs and how shocking the content matter was on those albums. The point is you can't go to jail, catch cases, or whatever, but if the music ain't there you won't sell. So many rappers are proofs of this.

Bombsquad said:
you say it as if controversy is the only thing that made him sell. he was making good music in addition. If you don't make good music, you won't attract. No matter how many things you do. I don't think with all the controversy surrounding ODB that if he was to drop an album, he'd sell on controversy alone. If word gets around that so and so is wack, people won't check it out. Word use to get around in the streets like the new 2pac is hot. you may not like his music, but millions of people are attracted to the man cause of his music not because he was chasing down rappers with baseball bats. no matter what he was hot. I was listening to him before he blew up. I didn't really like him before the thug life album, but once I picked it up, I started feeling him and then gradually I started buying his other albums. all of which were great to me. and then when he died I started buying his makaveli albums that hit the streets. the main reason tupac's fanbase grew after his death is because of all the material that hit the streets. so many people were buying the bootlegs. and the bootleg stuff was unbelievable to so many people. posthumous retail albums played a part in his success, but imo his main fanbase came from all the bootlegs and how shocking the content matter was on those albums. The point is you can't go to jail, catch cases, or whatever, but if the music ain't there you won't sell. So many rappers are proofs of this.
I agree with what your saying, controversy must be accompanied with good music and I am not saying that 2Pac is successful for the sole purpose of hullabaloos surrounding his outspoken stance / run ins with the law etc. The point still remains that he is just an average emcee, I’d be the first to admit that as an individual he is of the utmost importance to hip hop and he flourished on a level other rappers can only dream to reach but this does not detract from the fact that he has never made a classic album.

Tupac is a bigger star in death than he was in life and this is the reason every media outlet have come to readdress albums like AEOM and MATW when they originally gave them average and slightly above average reviews previous to his untimely passing. They are placing importance on the albums because of who he was and what he had achieved in his life, not because they are genuine classics or even very good albums.

If AEOM had been made by an unknown New York emcee still alive today it would have received a below average review that remains today and wouldn’t have benefited from revisionalism. This is not to say that currently it is not an important album, it's just that it's nothing particularly special.

In all fairness, Death Row could release an album with twenty tracks of Tupac taking a shit and it would still go multi platinum and would still be respected by hardcore Tupac fans who are so enamoured with him as an individual they think it's a quality album. That is a sad thing for hip hop.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
albohemia said:
In terms of career accomplishments, yes.

Is the poll who has accomlished more in their career or who is the greatest MC?

Becuause if so... Where is Dre and Joey Simmonds?

albohemia said:
In all fairness, Death Row could release an album with twenty tracks of Tupac taking a shit and it would still go multi platinum and would still be respected by hardcore Tupac fans who are so enamoured with him as an individual they think it's a quality album. That is a sad thing for hip hop.

It is not even worth debating with you. Your opinions are so blinkered and are full of hate. You are on the complete opposite end of the scale from a dickrider, ie. a hater.

AEOM is a good album, not classic, but it had a lot of mainstream success and the singles from that album receive heavy play at a party. If you are not going to evaluate sensibly and instead just to provoke with answers that are incredibly dumb, why bother reply. I think you just like an argument.

Oh yeah. Why don't you log in as your old account? Because you said you wouldn't come back?

Tupac is not the greatest Mc ever…he is a cultural figurehead for the genre that has never released a classic album. As far as lyrics go, he’s far from original. He had a larger impact than anyone on hip hop but that doesn’t make him a great mc and neither does a reputable work ethic. Like I said, you set your standards far too low.
Okay, whatever, in your opinion pac ain't the greatest. Your opinion doesn't represent the majority. This is why 2Pac has came in at #1 on 2 greatest mc's countdowns previously. Like I said before, he has heavy influence, heavy impact, the greatest body of work meaning the most quality in his quantity, greatest work ethic in releasing 4 classics back to back, he has the most appeal, is still relevant 10 years after his passing, he had enough charisma to touch millions of people around the world with his music, which has held him in high regards after his death as a martyr, he had originality, he's probably the most diverse mc, has the skills to have a concept on each and every song he's made. The man chose not to use too much figurative language and a beat around the bush style. He's the only mc that can get away with bold direct delivery and be considered a goat. Imagine if he used figurative language.

2Pac embodies what every rapper is trying to be now. He was talking about things that rappers are just now starting to talk about. Even the MTV team would allude to this. Why don't you hop off mine and go to MTV Overdrive and check it out? He's beyond this world. Hate on hater.

So Snoop / Dre / Death Row renaissance needed to be accepted in NYC before they ’made it’, the Chronic never got airplay in NYC until it blew up in LA and in a similar way a few hundred local artists dominate airwaves in New York, Jadakiss has positively cracked New York and yet can’t sell anywhere else. In a recent poll in the New York Times, Ja Rule was more popularised in the region than 50 Cent but yet the latter obviously sells more records on a worldwide basis. Where is your source for those Ludacris / Lil Jon comments or have you just fabricated them?
Exactly. They may have not been accepted by the people in the NY industry such as with radio dj's, but they were embraced by the consumers on the eastcoasts. One of the purposes of radio is to get people locally engaged onto certain artists. Radio is just an intermediary to get people intuned to upcoming artists and or new songs. Well, guess what the people of the east caught on to Dre & Snoop themselves. Being westcoasts was outkasted by the NY industry for some time, but the streets saw the westcoasts as the thing to be for a time period. Their influence grew heavy on the east. If the people on the east didn't embrace them just as the NY radio stations were doing, the success of Dre & Snoop would've been as sweet.

Jadakiss can't sell records because he lacks in the music department, but he's known nationwide. If Jadakiss was to be big in LA regions only, I bet you he would not be known nationwide like so many local artists that are big outside of New York. So this goes to show you how NY has a hand in things. B.I.G, Jay-Z, & 50 Cent have all made music that has appealed, but if they sucked, they wouldn't be huge worldwide, but people would have at least heard of them nationwide.

As for Ludacris' comment, you go do your own research. I'm not going to give you a plate that's already made. You go serve your ownself.

Um, Yes. That’s basically what I alluded to in my last post. Do you suffer from short term memory loss or something? Nelly isn't from New York and has the highest selling hip hop album of any LIVING artist. Your point is pathetic for that reason alone. Moreover, the biggest first week sales this year in hip hop are from a non New York artist.
NY assisted in Nelly's success because NY dj's embraced his records and he was often played on NY radio. If B.I.G. & Jay-Z was from any region in the U.S. apart from the NY region, I guarantee you that there success would not be the same. I don't care how you want to argue that. If Biggie & Jay-Z was from the south or the westcoasts, there buzz would not be the same as the dj's in NY gave them and it would've resulted in the sales. NY has played a big part in assisting those 2 men in being highly regarded. That's a fact and that's the point I was trying to make. Argue as much as you want.

For someone who encourages research where are your sources to back up your point that Biggie had an OG copy of the MATW album that had exactly the same concept he eventually went on to use? Cite me a reference. Ready To Die is far superior to MATW in every way, unlike 2 Pac releases once this album dropped it was hailed as an instant classic, they didn’t have to go back to it five years later because the guy had died. ’Thick headedness?’ - it’s obvious to anyone with half an ounce of intelligence that I am more articulate than you in verbalising my points and I also refrain from using personal insults, why? Because I’m basically too busy laughing at your ineptitude to back up your own points with any knowledge and your spelling mistakes. However I feel a correct useage of the word 'dumbass' to address you shall be duly implemented before this current contribution is over.
My friend, just because you are using more in-depth vocabulary as you claim doesn't mean you are more articulate. You need to stop with that perception immediately because I can do the same thing. This is not an english paper. The last thing I care about on a forum is spellings. Obviously you do because you have nothing better to do with yourself. Your being looked at as a jackass and the some of the people of the forum are starting to take notice of this. You are the biggest joke in here. And I'm not insulting you, I'm telling you like how it is.

Once again, where are your sources that can prove 2Pac had a secret formula and what was this formula that 2pac was privy to? It certainly couldn’t have been that good when he gave it to BIG since Pac had only gone gold and platinum with his first two offerings. Hardly a formula to sell. There were many other rappers who at the time, were outselling Pac ten fold..ie Big Daddy Kane, Slick Rick, Rakim, NWA etc..I could go on and on and on and on and on.
Um, sorry to break it down to you, but going gold back in that time wasn't seen as a failure. Not many artists were going platinum back in the mid-90s era. Only few like Dre & Snoop for instance. Not too many NY artists in that time were going platinum like years afterwards. It wasn't really until 96 up until the early 2000s that various rap artists were going platinum. So where does that leave you?

What you wrote directly above proves that you simply make things up to suit your argument. Your a fraud with no capability to intellectually discuss anything hip hop related. A LIAR. ‘or something’!? you don’t even know what poll I’m talking about, how in the hell can you argue about something you obviously haven’t even heard of or are you so far up your own ass you have to start making things up? This says it all! You don’t know the size of the poll, you don’t know how it was conducted and you don’t know who participated and how…yet you still attempt to form an argument. Unbelievable!
I can make the same argument for you also. How can you argue about something you don't know about and haven't researched?

In your previous post you alluded to the fact that BIG attempted to leave the style prevalent on ‘Party N Bullshit’ to make his music cater for women more after being influenced / advised by 2Pac. My point is ‘Party N Bullshit’ is actually the one track that has heterogeneous appeal ie- women like it just as much as men and I cited my source in the last post. It’s not my fault you can’t read.
Yeah, but is Party N Bullshit a particular type of track for females? If that was one of his first singles instead of Big Poppa or something, would he have had that smooth player image that won and or gained him so much appeal?

And catering for the ladies is hardly an original concept in hip hop? Do you give Biggie no credit for being influenced by anyone other than Tupac? Say Big Daddy Kane, someone who had been making music for the ladies long before Tupac learnt to rap. Tupac didn’t invent or pioneer the idea.
Do you even remember that time period in hip hop? Do you know what NY artists at the time were doing? Around that time period, most eastcoasts mc's were trying to appeal to the streets and gain street credit with the tough guys and drug dealers that were on the streets back then. This is what most NY artists at the time were trying to do. 2Pac on the other hand was trying to appeal to the ladies with the more sensitive topics. I never once said 2Pac invented rap singles for the ladies, you dimwit.

Incase you forgot or were'nt born, Nas, Wu-Tang, Onyx, Das EFX, and so many artists from NY back then were trying to portray the most hardcore image ever and or win the hood over. Not to mention, these guys were not selling huge amount of records also. When 2Pac saw B.I.G. going that route, 2Pac told Biggie to follow his format and try to win appeal with the ladies and in turn the men would follow. And look what happened. Did B.I.G. not succeed? Did his singles not succeed? Was he not seen as the man who brought NY back? Did he not sell more than any artists on the east back then?

Get a grip. BIG had a hundred other influences before Pac. Rappers have paid homage to the old school way before Pac was selling, jesus…do you realise how stupid you sound insinuating that BIG was influenced by someone he had known well for two years over the cats in his neighbourhood he had grown up with that were actually selling more than Pac at that time? The thing you fail to understand is Pac wasn’t selling shit until after he got shot, why would anyone attempt to copy his blueprint?
How do you spell neighborhood wrong? neighbourhood-Like WTF? If you wanna be an English teacher, you can't at least proofread your ownself.:laugh: I don't claim to be an elitist or intellect as you claim, so I don't have to use any spellcheck or even have to check my grammar. But so far, you have sonned yourself.

Of course, 2Pac had more influence on B.I.G than cats in his neighborhood that he was around. 2Pac was a known artists in the industry that took him under his wing directly 2Pac was giving the man firsthand lectures about the industry. And why wouldn't anyone follow his blueprint? Was he not making singles that were hitting the top of the charts successfully? You are trying to argue that 2pac did not have influence on B.I.G. and his image when B.I.G. himself never denied this when asked.

So they both alluded to death, I guess Hail Mary is directly responsible for the whole Life After Death album then.
You've been owned. You have nothing else to say. I'm talking about the Ready 2 Die period and you come in with Life After Death. You are sad. You have no more argument.

Primarily, in the period you are referring to he was a socio political rapper and said that himself in YO! MTV raps in 1994, damn how stupid do you want to make yourself look? Now your actually disagreeing with 2Pac himself!?! = DUMBASS
Okay, but did 2Pac not later on say that he doesn't want to be categorized in any category? He realized he was more than a guy you put in a box and his style reflected this that very same year. You're an official halfwit.

So now I’m being told I haven’t actually listened to something I can talk about more articulately upon than you? Right! Continuing to make things up to cover for your lack of intellectual argument.
I want you to name all his weak songs, especially his posthumous songs. That's if you listened long enough to rememeber the titles of the tracks. And you didn't answer my question I posed to you earlier. I wanna know who your Goat is and or your top 5.

And like I said earlier, it's obvious you don't listen to music. Anyone that can sit up here and say 2Pac does not have a classic in his body of work deserves to be chastised for trying to hate on the man. It's obvious you are some phony that is in here trying to convince everyone not to like 2pac like the way you don't like him. I know your tactics, you are just trying to play it safe with all that I appreciate what he's done bullshit. I'd appreciate it if you came out of your cowardly shell you are hiding under and straightforwardly said "I don't like 2Pac and 2Pac is wack" because that's where you are going.

Yes, analyze all the wack lyrics and weak production that pervade the body of work you’ve just referred to and imagine they were released by anyone other than 2Pac, no one would remember them.
Go listen to some Papoose & Red Cafe mixtapes if you want lyrics. Similes are the only thing that seems to sooth your feet, so go listen to 8 minutes of freestyle from your local bootlegger. I listen to 2Pac when I want to hear hip hop music. You feel that hip hop is revolved around lyrics only and until you learn otherwise, you can never fully appreciate the art form to the fullest.

You can’t even correctly spell knowledgeable. You’re a joke. Your making up things again just like you pretended to be informed about the Hot 97 survey you know nothing about, it’s all your fruitless, worthless and foolish assumptions.
I'm sorry, I didn't realize this was a spelling bee contest. But even if this was a spelling bee contest, you spelled neighborhood incorrectly. And I'm not even the one trippin off spelling and grammar.:laugh:

A critic because I disagree with you? So anyone who doesn’t like a 2Pac album is automatically a critic of all things hip hop? Get a grip on reality.
No, you're a critique for finding so many faults in something. That's all you did when listening to those albums.

The definition of critic:
One who tends to make harsh or carping judgments; a faultfinder.

You fit that description. Learn to know yourself.

In a poll conducted by people who are viewed as jokes in the industry. But then you obviously only place your faith in those that agree with you.
Who said it was poll conducted by any group of people? The poll could've came from members of a certain type of hip hop forum. Stop assuming and making yourself look ridiculous.

Sources? Show me a review written in the year MATW was released that labelled it a classic album? That’s all I ask..then I will completely admit I was wrong but I know I’m not because your unable to. Making things up again! SON
Consumers labeled it a classic. And to 2Pac himself it was a classic. In a 1995 movie based in NY, 2Pac was being debated as being one of the best mc's around along with Nas. So this shows how much impact he was having even when he was alive. Even on the streets of where I live, people use to carry around their radio with matw as one of the tapes in their cassettes.

You seem to have so much faith in publications. The Sources opinion does not always represent the listeners. And as you can see, the sources opinion isn't always correct, as since they went back and rerated it.

The masses have given great reviews to abhorrent albums since the dawn of time..it’s nothing new. The masses gave a Lil Kim album a classic rating…that’s how wrong they get it.
Look at this creton talking from his rear end. Oh so now the masses classified Lil Kim's album as a classic. Do you even know what I'm talking about when I say masses? When I say masses I mean the consumers. The hundreds to thousands of fans that go out and support the albums is what I'm speaking. Not the 3-10 people that work at a magazine publication and decide who's music is worthy or not. And if you know publications aren't always correct, then how the hell can you sit up here and make it seem as if an artists benefitting from revision from a magazine is a fraud or something?

You still can’t spell genius correctly? And the only reason you compare this to an English class is because you need a dictionary for half the words I use, it’s called being intellectual.
Haha, I have no problems with the vocab. you are using. You may think it's something special, but I have no gripes with the english language at all. You on the otherhand have probably have had some type of insecurity with the english language, therefore feeling the need to come to a hip hop forum and trying to display some intellect. You hide behind so called massive vocabulary because you know your argument is weak with more common words because really you aren't impressing me and really you haven't said anything of any relevance where you should earn points with me. My convictions remain, while you keep trying to throw punches that's not even making contact.

Assumptions with no merit…making things up with no basis…damn, a common theme is emerging!
[/QUOTE]

A man/woman full of him/herself that thinks he/she knows it all. A person of inaccuracy and misinformation is my assessment of you. A person who feels their vocabulary is an intimidation into some type of submission. My conclusion is you are insecure about something.

ARon

This went from a good discussion to stupid ass who is better on the net type shit. If you are trying to prove your point and have to try to make fun of the other person to get the upper hand what you're saying must hold no weight.

By the way the whole spelling thing is stupid but Neighbourhood can be spelt like that, how would they say, they spell it like that across the pond, I think. Like how they spell color, colour. Not sure if he is English but yeah.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Aristotle said:
This went from a good discussion to stupid ass who is better on the net type shit. If you are trying to prove your point and have to try to make fun of the other person to get the upper hand what you're saying must hold no weight.

By the way the whole spelling thing is stupid but Neighbourhood can be spelt like that, how would they say, they spell it like that across the pond, I think. Like how they spell color, colour. Not sure if he is English but yeah.

:thumb:

Hituup said:
Okay, whatever, in your opinion pac ain't the greatest. Your opinion doesn't represent the majority. This is why 2Pac has came in at #1 on 2 greatest mc's countdowns previously. Like I said before, he has heavy influence, heavy impact, the greatest body of work meaning the most quality in his quantity, greatest work ethic in releasing 4 classics back to back, he has the most appeal, is still relevant 10 years after his passing, he had enough charisma to touch millions of people around the world with his music, which has held him in high regards after his death as a martyr, he had originality, he's probably the most diverse mc, has the skills to have a concept on each and every song he's made. The man chose not to use too much figurative language and a beat around the bush style. He's the only mc that can get away with bold direct delivery and be considered a goat. Imagine if he used figurative language.

2Pac embodies what every rapper is trying to be now. He was talking about things that rappers are just now starting to talk about. Even the MTV team would allude to this. Why don't you hop off mine and go to MTV Overdrive and check it out? He's beyond this world. Hate on hater.

Exactly. They may have not been accepted by the people in the NY industry such as with radio dj's, but they were embraced by the consumers on the eastcoasts. One of the purposes of radio is to get people locally engaged onto certain artists. Radio is just an intermediary to get people intuned to upcoming artists and or new songs. Well, guess what the people of the east caught on to Dre & Snoop themselves. Being westcoasts was outkasted by the NY industry for some time, but the streets saw the westcoasts as the thing to be for a time period. Their influence grew heavy on the east. If the people on the east didn't embrace them just as the NY radio stations were doing, the success of Dre & Snoop would've been as sweet.

Jadakiss can't sell records because he lacks in the music department, but he's known nationwide. If Jadakiss was to be big in LA regions only, I bet you he would not be known nationwide like so many local artists that are big outside of New York. So this goes to show you how NY has a hand in things. B.I.G, Jay-Z, & 50 Cent have all made music that has appealed, but if they sucked, they wouldn't be huge worldwide, but people would have at least heard of them nationwide.

As for Ludacris' comment, you go do your own research. I'm not going to give you a plate that's already made. You go serve your ownself.

NY assisted in Nelly's success because NY dj's embraced his records and he was often played on NY radio. If B.I.G. & Jay-Z was from any region in the U.S. apart from the NY region, I guarantee you that there success would not be the same. I don't care how you want to argue that. If Biggie & Jay-Z was from the south or the westcoasts, there buzz would not be the same as the dj's in NY gave them and it would've resulted in the sales. NY has played a big part in assisting those 2 men in being highly regarded. That's a fact and that's the point I was trying to make. Argue as much as you want.

My friend, just because you are using more in-depth vocabulary as you claim doesn't mean you are more articulate. You need to stop with that perception immediately because I can do the same thing. This is not an english paper. The last thing I care about on a forum is spellings. Obviously you do because you have nothing better to do with yourself. Your being looked at as a jackass and the some of the people of the forum are starting to take notice of this. You are the biggest joke in here. And I'm not insulting you, I'm telling you like how it is.

Um, sorry to break it down to you, but going gold back in that time wasn't seen as a failure. Not many artists were going platinum back in the mid-90s era. Only few like Dre & Snoop for instance. Not too many NY artists in that time were going platinum like years afterwards. It wasn't really until 96 up until the early 2000s that various rap artists were going platinum. So where does that leave you?

I can make the same argument for you also. How can you argue about something you don't know about and haven't researched?

Yeah, but is Party N Bullshit a particular type of track for females? If that was one of his first singles instead of Big Poppa or something, would he have had that smooth player image that won and or gained him so much appeal?

Do you even remember that time period in hip hop? Do you know what NY artists at the time were doing? Around that time period, most eastcoasts mc's were trying to appeal to the streets and gain street credit with the tough guys and drug dealers that were on the streets back then. This is what most NY artists at the time were trying to do. 2Pac on the other hand was trying to appeal to the ladies with the more sensitive topics. I never once said 2Pac invented rap singles for the ladies, you dimwit.

Incase you forgot or were'nt born, Nas, Wu-Tang, Onyx, Das EFX, and so many artists from NY back then were trying to portray the most hardcore image ever and or win the hood over. Not to mention, these guys were not selling huge amount of records also. When 2Pac saw B.I.G. going that route, 2Pac told Biggie to follow his format and try to win appeal with the ladies and in turn the men would follow. And look what happened. Did B.I.G. not succeed? Did his singles not succeed? Was he not seen as the man who brought NY back? Did he not sell more than any artists on the east back then?

How do you spell neighborhood wrong? neighbourhood-Like WTF? If you wanna be an English teacher, you can't at least proofread your ownself.:laugh: I don't claim to be an elitist or intellect as you claim, so I don't have to use any spellcheck or even have to check my grammar. But so far, you have sonned yourself.

Of course, 2Pac had more influence on B.I.G than cats in his neighborhood that he was around. 2Pac was a known artists in the industry that took him under his wing directly 2Pac was giving the man firsthand lectures about the industry. And why wouldn't anyone follow his blueprint? Was he not making singles that were hitting the top of the charts successfully? You are trying to argue that 2pac did not have influence on B.I.G. and his image when B.I.G. himself never denied this when asked.

You've been owned. You have nothing else to say. I'm talking about the Ready 2 Die period and you come in with Life After Death. You are sad. You have no more argument.

Okay, but did 2Pac not later on say that he doesn't want to be categorized in any category? He realized he was more than a guy you put in a box and his style reflected this that very same year. You're an official halfwit.

I want you to name all his weak songs, especially his posthumous songs. That's if you listened long enough to rememeber the titles of the tracks. And you didn't answer my question I posed to you earlier. I wanna know who your Goat is and or your top 5.

And like I said earlier, it's obvious you don't listen to music. Anyone that can sit up here and say 2Pac does not have a classic in his body of work deserves to be chastised for trying to hate on the man. It's obvious you are some phony that is in here trying to convince everyone not to like 2pac like the way you don't like him. I know your tactics, you are just trying to play it safe with all that I appreciate what he's done bullshit. I'd appreciate it if you came out of your cowardly shell you are hiding under and straightforwardly said "I don't like 2Pac and 2Pac is wack" because that's where you are going.

Go listen to some Papoose & Red Cafe mixtapes if you want lyrics. Similes are the only thing that seems to sooth your feet, so go listen to 8 minutes of freestyle from your local bootlegger. I listen to 2Pac when I want to hear hip hop music. You feel that hip hop is revolved around lyrics only and until you learn otherwise, you can never fully appreciate the art form to the fullest.

I'm sorry, I didn't realize this was a spelling bee contest. But even if this was a spelling bee contest, you spelled neighborhood incorrectly. And I'm not even the one trippin off spelling and grammar.:laugh:

No, you're a critique for finding so many faults in something. That's all you did when listening to those albums.

The definition of critic:
One who tends to make harsh or carping judgments; a faultfinder.

You fit that description. Learn to know yourself.

Who said it was poll conducted by any group of people? The poll could've came from members of a certain type of hip hop forum. Stop assuming and making yourself look ridiculous.

Consumers labeled it a classic. And to 2Pac himself it was a classic. In a 1995 movie based in NY, 2Pac was being debated as being one of the best mc's around along with Nas. So this shows how much impact he was having even when he was alive. Even on the streets of where I live, people use to carry around their radio with matw as one of the tapes in their cassettes.

You seem to have so much faith in publications. The Sources opinion does not always represent the listeners. And as you can see, the sources opinion isn't always correct, as since they went back and rerated it.

Look at this creton talking from his rear end. Oh so now the masses classified Lil Kim's album as a classic. Do you even know what I'm talking about when I say masses? When I say masses I mean the consumers. The hundreds to thousands of fans that go out and support the albums is what I'm speaking. Not the 3-10 people that work at a magazine publication and decide who's music is worthy or not. And if you know publications aren't always correct, then how the hell can you sit up here and make it seem as if an artists benefitting from revision from a magazine is a fraud or something?

Haha, I have no problems with the vocab. you are using. You may think it's something special, but I have no gripes with the english language at all. You on the otherhand have probably have had some type of insecurity with the english language, therefore feeling the need to come to a hip hop forum and trying to display some intellect. You hide behind so called massive vocabulary because you know your argument is weak with more common words because really you aren't impressing me and really you haven't said anything of any relevance where you should earn points with me. My convictions remain, while you keep trying to throw punches that's not even making contact.
My conclusion...that was all a bunch of tedious tripe and you have once again not backed up your points with any legitimate sources. I refuse to debate with someone who makes up shit and then can't even be assed to offer evidence for points he claims is true.

Quite frankly I have better things to do with my time...whether you agree or disagree with me, it is quite obvious I have formed the better argument, been more articulate throughout the discussion and tried to back my points up as thoroughly as I can.

It's obvious your not going to change your mind and it seems to me as if there isn't a mainstream rap album in existance you don't rate below good / very good / classic. Thus in this situation I will be the bigger man and take the high road because people are getting sick to death with this rigmarole of repetition....I'll leave viewers of this thread with one final thought...

To me a classic album must be flawless, it is ridiculous to say that every track on MATW, AEOM and the 7 Day Theory are flawless and if you genuinely think that your just blinkered by 2Pac the individual without taking into account the actual quality of his work....I'll even cut you some slack.....

I'll let you think 2 Pac has never rapped a below par line in his life and is completely original. However to say every 2Pac album has great production or that any track the Outlawz or the plethora of other utterly garbage second rate guest appearances that feature on Pac's album contributes to making an even very good body of work it goes to show you truely have no conception of what goes into making a classic album.

done.

TCD said:
The dickriders and the haters killed this thread.
I still find it unbelievable that in labelling 2Pac as probably being the greatest of all time due to his achievements and importance, acknowledging his contribution to a culture and music genre, praising S4MN to an extremis and admitting MATW is a good album I get labelled a hater just because I don't think he is anything special as an emcee or ever made a classic album.

*Raises and eyebrow with a confused look on his face* :confused:

Oh well

Bobby Sands

Originally Posted by albohemia
I still find it unbelievable that in labelling 2Pac as probably being the greatest of all time due to his achievements and importance, acknowledging his contribution to a culture and music genre, praising S4MN to an extremis and admitting MATW is a good album I get labelled a hater just because I don't think he is anything special as an emcee or ever made a classic album.
That just your opinion.Others think different now shut the fuck up already.

Tupac Tha Great said:
That just your opinion.Others think different now shut the fuck up already.
Well perhaps if you actually read my first contribtion to the thread you would have realised I said that all along already

Jay Z as greatest MC not.

As far as Pac goes..
Pac top ten in greatest MC.
Pac top fifteen in greatest lyricist skills.
Pac number one as GOAT,the tottal package.

Pittsey said:
Tupac isn't my favourite rapper, but he is my GOAT.
Pittsey said:
I still rate Tupac as the greatest rapper of all time.
Is he or not your fav?

Bachaveli said:
Pac top fifteen in greatest lyricist skills.
He isn't anywhere near the top fifteen lyricists.

How many times do you have to listen to him rhyme 'glock with cop' 'cemetery with bury' and 'hennesey with enemy" in an A / B rhyme scheme before anyone will admit that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.