And MTV's Greatest MC of All Time Is...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Bachaveli said:
Pittsey said:
Tupac isn't my favourite rapper, but he is my GOAT.
Pittsey said:
I still rate Tupac as the greatest rapper of all time.

Is he or not your fav?

No. He Isn't. I never said he was. Look at the quotes you've used.

"Tupac ISN'T my Favourite, but he is my Greatest Of All Time, GOAT."

"I STILL rate him as the GOAT. Greatest Of All Time."

How do those 2 statements contradict themselves? They are the same. He isn't my favourite, I think he's the greatest rapper ever though.

You can appreciate the quality in something and it not be your favourite. Can you not?

albohemia said:
He isn't anywhere near the top fifteen lyricists.

How many times do you have to listen to him rhyme 'glock with cop' 'cemetery with bury' and 'hennesey with enemy" in an A / B rhyme scheme before anyone will admit that?
Ok.Name all other rappers that come before Pac at that.

Pittsey said:
No. He Isn't. I never said he was. Look at the quotes you've used.

"Tupac ISN'T my Favourite, but he is my Greatest Of All Time, GOAT."

"I STILL rate him as the GOAT. Greatest Of All Time."

How do those 2 statements contradict themselves? They are the same. He isn't my favourite, I think he's the greatest rapper ever though.

You can appreciate the quality in something and it not be your favourite. Can you not?
Fair enough.I just misread i guess.

Bachaveli said:
Ok.Name all other rappers that come before Pac at that.
There are far too many and that's not me swerving the question or trying to be a smart ass.

On his own work alone, he's been lyrically overshadowed by everyone from Cube to Kurupt, Scarface to Snoop.

albohemia said:
There are far too many and that's not me swerving the question or trying to be a smart ass.

On his own work alone, he's been lyrically overshadowed by everyone from Cube to Kurupt, Scarface to Snoop.
I'm simply asking you to name all the rappers who you think are better then Pac at lyrical skill level.I know i'd know all of them that you'll name so there wouldn't no suprises.And i know its not that you don't feel like typing them all cause there far too many because i see you have ability to type as much as you need to as i see in this threads previous pages.

Bachaveli said:
I'm simply asking you to name all the rappers who you think are better then Pac at lyrical skill level.I know i'd know all of them that you'll name so there wouldn't no suprises.And i know its not that you don't feel like typing them all cause there far too many because i see you have ability to type as much as you need to as i see in this threads previous pages.
I have said time and time again that I consider 2Pac to be only an average lyricist. I don't wish to go through the monotonous process of typing up a list of every rapper I consider to be a better than average emcee because quite frankly it's just far too too time consuming, dreadfully mind-numbing and will introduce nothing new to the points I have already made. Suffice to say, this thread has ran it's course.

albohemia said:
I have said time and time again that I consider 2Pac to be only an average lyricist. I don't wish to go through the monotonous process of typing up a list of every rapper I consider to be a better than average emcee because quite frankly it's just far too too time consuming, dreadfully mind-numbing and will introduce nothing new to the points I have already made. Suffice to say, this thread has ran it's course.
Ok fair enough.I just won't be pointing a finger at you saying he'll give you the list when someone would want to know fifteen better rappers than Pac at lyrical skill level since you are not backing your statement up.
It was for my own good to know whos better then Pac at that level, wasn't my intention to necessarily test you, just wanted to see who is better.

Jigga's number one with an * (like they trying to do with Barry Bonds). I like Jay-Z too, but after Cam put out that diss with all of Jay-z's lines and the songs he got em from that right there keeps him from being #1.

albohemia said:
He isn't anywhere near the top fifteen lyricists.

How many times do you have to listen to him rhyme 'glock with cop' 'cemetery with bury' and 'hennesey with enemy" in an A / B rhyme scheme before anyone will admit that?
He was rhyming like that for a reason. He wanted those lines to stick out and sink in those kids who were growing up in poverty and underprivelaged. Or as he would say, living that Thug Life. All of this was a strategy he was using in his rhyme scheme for his agenda.

Your getting it twisted u see. Don't think that Pac can't just be as lyrical as Nas because his first two albums proved so. "Brenda's Got A Baby" is an instance of how lyrical pac can be. Just because he wasn't getting more to the point with his messages and strayed away from the more technical aspect doesn't mean he wasn't capable of doing those type of rhymes. He's not lesser than any mc on that top 10 due to that.

And from what I know 2Pac has always purposely let people overshadow him on his tracks. Darn, I wish I could give some type of source for this, but damn, it just can't ome to me. I think this is definitely a fact, but now I have to rethink this and confirm it to be true now..

Jebus said:
Jigga held ya'll down 8 summers damn wheres the love??

ain't no love hahahah funny thing is when (on the special bout the top 5 mcs) how'd the big black dude said that waht Jay did in 8 summers Biggie did in 2 hahaha didnt no that Life After Death was a summer release (it's not it was March)

Bombsquad said:
He was rhyming like that for a reason. He wanted those lines to stick out and sink in those kids who were growing up in poverty and underprivelaged. Or as he would say, living that Thug Life. All of this was a strategy he was using in his rhyme scheme for his agenda.

Your getting it twisted u see. Don't think that Pac can't just be as lyrical as Nas because his first two albums proved so. "Brenda's Got A Baby" is an instance of how lyrical pac can be. Just because being lyrical and not getting to the point wasn't more of his style and focus in later years doesn't mean he can't rhyme or makes him any less than any mc in the top 10

c
And from what I know 2Pac has always purposely let people overshadow him on his tracks. Darn, I wish I could give some type of source for this, but damn, it just can't ome to me. I think this is definitely a fact, but now I have to rethink this and confirm it to be true now..

2pac impacted the game. He was more then hip-hop (and thats what you need to be to be consider the best)

Bombsquad said:
Your getting it twisted u see. Don't think that Pac can't just be as lyrical as Nas because his first two albums proved so.
Is crack cheap in your area?

Bombsquad said:
Just because he wasn't getting more to the point with his messages and strayed away from the more technical aspect doesn't [/B]mean he wasn't capable of doing those type of rhymes. He's not lesser than any mc on that top 10 due to that.
I'm sure there are some hip hop academics that could probably make a case for saying Master P is secretly a master lyricist and surreptitiously wrote the Webster dictionary but sounds straightforward on joints because he doesn't think dudes will understand his implementation of anything remotely technical. Still doesn't change the fact that in reality he is actually a wack lyricist and has done nothing to prove otherwise.

Bombsquad said:
And from what I know 2Pac has always purposely let people overshadow him on his tracks. Darn, I wish I could give some type of source for this, but damn, it just can't ome to me. I think this is definitely a fact, but now I have to rethink this and confirm it to be true now.
I'll dignify that with a response when you figure out if you made it up or not.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
This thread has died an awful death. We didn't need 3 pages to evaluate 2pac.

I think most are agreed Jay-Z should never top Biggie in any poll. And if not, then we're not. This is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.