Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Snoop Dogg

• Jay-Z

• 50 Cent

• Total voters
Let's put it into context: In 8 Mile he played himself, Marshall.
Well, actually, he technically played a character named Jimmy "B-Rabbit" Smith. Even in the description of the movie B Rabbit is called a "character similar to Eminem". Granted the movie was based off his life, but he didn't play Marshall.

In The Wash he played himself, Eminem ('disgruntled employee' - how many times has Eminem referenced his shitty jobs?)
Dude, that right there is the stupidest fucking thing you've ever said. I don't know why, but you seem to be grasping at straws to strip Em of credit. He did not play himself in The Wash and to even insinuate he played himself is simply ludicrous. Oh my God, he played a disgruntled employee and because he's expressed disatisfaction about his jobs before he became a rapper, he just must have been playing himself. :rolleyes:

Your arguments usually have logic, but you just sound like a dumbass here.

Not trying to diss Eminen but he is yet to prove himself as an actor in a lot of people's opinions.
Sure he has. But he has also proved himself to a lot of people.
I'd like to know specifically what "people" you're talking about, because you seem to think you're speaking for people here.

Btw, the Speilberg comment can hardly be attributed to that which is highly debatle & that which, as you yourself say, is a good performance in an otherwise poor movie.
Why not? You just seem to wanna diss Em anyway you can in this post. Quite ridiculous.

Yet the cheques will've been cut, contracts are binding & 50 might be able to get an extra bonus in a severance deal.

And he'll still only trail Eminem in popularity.[/QUOTE]

AmerikazMost said:
and i was implying that 50 cent is more popular than rakim ever was. this shows that just because you're more talented, doesn't mean you'll be more popular
Not trying to be condescending here, but...duhhhh.

Ooh tough one. I don't know. It can't be Pac because BIG was a strong competitor whereas ones like Eminem and 50 Cent don't have as strong competitors. I'd have to say Eminem. Though Ja Rule is worthy to note, he was quite popular too in late 90's early 2000's.

WessideThuggin said:
Ooh tough one. I don't know. It can't be Pac because BIG was a strong competitor whereas ones like Eminem and 50 Cent don't have as strong competitors. I'd have to say Eminem. Though Ja Rule is worthy to note, he was quite popular too in late 90's early 2000's.
Biggie was not "strong competition" for Pac.

Well, compared to Royce Da 5'9" for Eminem, Lil' Flip for T.I. and all others, I'd say Biggie was quite some competition for 2Pac. I mean this dude is what some consider better than Pac and others considering 2nd best after Pac. That's pretty powerful competition right there.

It's probably a toss up between 2pac and Snoop but I'll have to go with Pac because of all the international love he's getting. He's so famous, he's even more popular in Africa, Asia and Europe than in America.

Peace

you gotta say pac. for christ sake eminem wouldnt be as popular today as he is if pac never reached that fame. Pac gave rap a new meaning. How many rappers of that time said shit that actually meant somethin. Sure there were some but none like pac.

I Gotta say Tupac cause he had it all going on at the same time.
-Music
-Movies
-Drama
-Sex Appeal
Snoop, at his height was Huge but mainly just in the Music World yet he was HUGE I think bigger then Eminem even at his height comeing off 8Mile.

Rock

jason_g_718 said:
Man, this is a hard fuckin' question because you have to also consider the times that certain artists dropped and how much exposure was "normal" for that time period.

I'll say Eminem, though Snoop Doggy Dogg and 2pac are a VERY EXTREMELY CLOSE second.
GO FEMINEM! :D

2pac, because of the simple fact if you look at his "limelight" it was in 96 when rap wasn't even nearly as commercial as it is now. He was everywhere, and because of this brief period of "limelight" he still gets his recognition today. Personally, I don't even think he had reached his peak, nor do I think Biggie did, but at the peak of his career, he was anywhere and everywhere. He was Hip-Hop as far as the rest of the public was concerned. Peace.

Pac by far........AEOM sold 6 million in the first two months of its release alone (something not even Eminem did), had two #1 albums in the same year (first rap artist to ever accomplish that), and really in 96', nobody was pushing the even close to the units that Pac was.....except for the Fugees and Bone.

Even though hip hop is more mainstream now, Eminem isnt the only MC pushing 5 million+ albums.......50, Nelly, and Will Smith all made at least one album pushing similiar numbers to what Em does. As did Outkast.

Pac, on the otherhand, BLEW away all the competition with AEOM. No rap album that came out in 96' sold even close to what that album did.

And to that dude who said Pac didnt reach the mainstream like Em did, you crazy. If AEOM and California Love werent mainstream, then I dont know what is. Cali Love is a bigger and more well known song than ANY Eminem song.

I don't understand why people say Biggie was NO competition for Pac...Wasn't Bad Boy big around that time too? With their videos n shit...Im saying they had the money allright...Maybe I am wrong but I think Biggie sure was a competition for Pac...Actually I dont even wanna say competition cuz not everything is about Pac...

jason_g_718 said:
Biggie was not "strong competition" for Pac.
AHAHAHAHHA, sure man :rolleyes: if chino xl can easily rip pac like he did, im sure biggie could, i never knew someone could be so dumb ahaha, but then again u are jason G, the 28 year old idiot :thumb:

Silleone said:
AHAHAHAHHA, sure man :rolleyes: if chino xl can easily rip pac like he did, im sure biggie could, i never knew someone could be so dumb ahaha, but then again u are jason G, the 28 year old idiot :thumb:
I hate to say it, but Jason G is on point. Pac had no competition in 96'.

man did you guys even know who Pac was in 96?? that guy was all over and everybody was bumpin All Eyes on Me. Biggie had videos and shit but he wasnt up with Pac. Big probably just got most of his attention for the beef between em but Pac was all over for his albums and all that shit he was doing to get his ass in trouble.

Hellrazor1978 said:
in 96', Biggie wasnt any competition for Pac.....Ready To Die only sold 2 million, compared to the 6 million for All Eyez On Me.
then life after death went on to go DIAMOND,which i may add was like the first hip hop album to do that, :thumb:

pac may have had no compition in your eyes but to any hip hop head, its a fact that lyrically chino xl slayed pac, also sun tzu, pac was all over the place in 96 but bad boy was to since that was when it was at his peak, the only people that say pac was the only mainstream rapper are his dickrider fans/people that started listening to rap about 4 years ago and of course idiots like Jason G who only discoverd nas 2 months ago, lmao hahahaha.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.