Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Snoop Dogg

• Jay-Z

• 50 Cent

• Total voters
Snoop Doggy Doog was by far the biggest name. He took rap to worldwide audiences and Doggystyle is the album which really infiltrated places where rap was unheard of. Snoop Doggy Dogg is still a tongue in cheek by-word for someone who is acting like a rapper.

AmerikazMost

Pittsey said:
Did anyone read my post -

There is a huge difference between hip-hop now and hip-hop 10-15 years ago. The answer is easily Eminem or 50 because they're at the top now hip-hop is a lot more popular. If 2pac was at his peak now, things would probably be different, but he's dead.
:thumb:

WessideThuggin said:
Goddammit! We have like 3 pages of y'all 3 (Jason, Hell and Calcuo) posting. Talk over AIM or something. Stop spamming it and w/e this boards gonna exceed it's memory.

Calcuo aint spamming, hes proving points, very well i might add. :thumb:

Wrong. The ending only shows that some people in some countries know 2Pac. Unless you saw some version which had everybody from everywhere show their 2Pac t-shirts & CDs.
The ending shows the FACT that 2pac reached people in areas of the country where you probably didn't even think rap music existed.

Why do you always want to strip people of credit they deserve?

Plus, none of these courses were available when he was alive & a lot of them draws from material which was released only after he died - such as his poetry. Now unless you're saying that 2Pac's career peaked well after he died, then you are wrong.
You are correct here. I got ahead of myself and started giving reasons why 2pac is STILL one of the biggest impacts in the world on people, but you are right, we were talking about who was biggest at their peak. I apologize.

I know you are not the brightest, but when we're discussing places in which 2Pac is known & Tzu says that his grandmother knows of him, I think it is very relevant.
You know, dude, insulting people's intelligence is not necessary in what has been a civilized debate. And I don't think it's necessarily relevant at all. Just the fact that someone over 55 knows who Pac is tells enough.

If you asked my 78 year old grandma who 2pac Shakur is, she'd say yes. However, if you asked her who 50 Cent is, she'd say "no, but I have a dollar".

READ MY FUCKING POSTS YOU DUMB FUCK!!
So much for being civilized.

You must live in a cave, or have the shittest memory known to man as whenever there is a debate, you put up basic points & - due to people's general knowledge - they see them as correct or incorrect & then respond accordingly. However, when someone makes a basic point, they are expected to run around finding websites where this was said & even then you'll question the source.
So, in other words, you don't know where the quote came from. OK...well, when you find it, let me know.

Believe me when I tell you, when Samuel L Jackson was asked of what he thought of Eminem's talent follwing the release of 8 Mile, he said - in no way maliciously - words to the effect of, he was pretty good in 8 Mile, but I'll reserve judgement for when I see him tackle a different character such as a teacher.
Sure...I'll believe you...when you come up with the source.

Whether or not Sam Jackson made a comment like that about Eminem is not something that is "common or general knowledge".

Also, again, you said initially Eminem has "yet to prove himselve to a lot of people". Yet, when I asked you who...the only thing you could come up with is you think you remember Sam Jackson saying that he is still reserving his judgement on Em. Like whether or not an actor is good is a decision based soley on what Sam Jackson thinks.

The only quote I've ever seen from Jackson talking about musicians and acting is when he made the NOW FAMOUS quote about 50 Cent being successful in music but saying "he hasn't done a fucking thing to prove he can act". The ONLY reason I know about that quote is because it was posted all over this site about 2 months ago...if that long ago.

WessideThuggin said:
Goddammit! We have like 3 pages of y'all 3 (Jason, Hell and Calcuo) posting. Talk over AIM or something. Stop spamming it and w/e this boards gonna exceed it's memory.
Perhaps you have forgotten where you are, but this is a MESSAGE FORUM. The purpose of it is for people to come here and DISCUSS topics and have debates. In order to accomplish this, we must make threads and posts. That's what we're here to do. Don't know if you got confused or something.

Having a debate is not spamming.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.