Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jay-Z

• 50 Cent

• Total voters

AmerikazMost

jason_g_718 said:
To say Pac never reached mainstream like Em is ridiculous. You don't star in 5 movies in 5 years when you're not mainstream. And, those 5 movies (excluding Bullet) were 5 of the most famous movies ever made. Especially Poetic Justice, Juice and Above The Rim.
lmao... now i know why everyone makes comments about you. five of the most famous movies ever made? before i started listening to pac's music, i never heard if poetic justice, gang related, or gridlock'd.

5 good movies? yes. 5 of the greatest? no. 5 of the most famous? hell no.

I wouldn't classify any of the movies as great, except maybe juice. pac performed great, but the movies themselves never really had much potential.

pac never reached the pop fans like eminem did. there's no disputing that, no matter how many movies he did. 8 mile was more successful than any of pac's. not necessarily better, but more popular.

lmao... now i know why everyone makes comments about you. five of the most famous movies ever made? before i started listening to pac's music, i never heard if poetic justice, gang related, or gridlock'd.
OK, maybe 5 of the most "famous movies" was wrong, but you get my point. Pac's movies were ALL huge successs, excluding Bullet. And notice in my post when I referred to his most famous movies, I didn't note Gang Related or Gridlock'd...you did. YOu never heard of Poetic Justice before listening to Pac? How old are you and when did you start listening to Pac.

Oh, BTW, most of the dudes that make comments about me, are fucking morons (hurts, Frank Grimes, Venomous) and notice most of the people who talk shit about me are on probation...that's says enough in itself. Hurts has been banned 3 times in the past like 2 months.

5 good movies? yes. 5 of the greatest? no. 5 of the most famous? hell no.
I recanted.

I wouldn't classify any of the movies as great, except maybe juice. pac performed great, but the movies themselves never really had much potential.
Well, that is what is referred to as "difference of opinion". Barring Bullet and Poetic Justice, I thought all of Pac's movies were "great" movies.

pac never reached the pop fans like eminem did. there's no disputing that, no matter how many movies he did. 8 mile was more successful than any of pac's. not necessarily better, but more popular.
I don't agree that Pac never reached the pop fans like Em. And, uh...8 Mile was a movie, not a song. You also have to remember, when comparing who Pac reached compared to what Em has done, that rap music is a HELL OF A LOT more popular now, than it was 10 years go.

Think about what Pac DID accomplish and who he did reach in an era where people were STILL calling rap "a fad".

AmerikazMost

jason_g_718 said:
OK, maybe 5 of the most "famous movies" was wrong, but you get my point. Pac's movies were ALL huge successs, excluding Bullet. And notice in my post when I referred to his most famous movies, I didn't note Gang Related or Gridlock'd...you did. YOu never heard of Poetic Justice before listening to Pac? How old are you and when did you start listening to Pac.

Oh, BTW, most of the dudes that make comments about me, are fucking morons (hurts, Frank Grimes, Venomous) and notice most of the people who talk shit about me are on probation...that's says enough in itself. Hurts has been banned 3 times in the past like 2 months.

I recanted.

Well, that is what is referred to as "difference of opinion". Barring Bullet and Poetic Justice, I thought all of Pac's movies were "great" movies.

I don't agree that Pac never reached the pop fans like Em. And, uh...8 Mile was a movie, not a song. You also have to remember, when comparing who Pac reached compared to what Em has done, that rap music is a HELL OF A LOT more popular now, than it was 10 years go.

Think about what Pac DID accomplish and who he did reach in an era where people were STILL calling rap "a fad".
i started listening to pac when greatest hits came out. i was about 13. even before then i had seen juice and above the rim.

this poll isn't a matter of opinion. i like pac's movies better than 8 mile too, but this isnt about who is better, it's about who's more popular. it's like comparing 50 cent and rakim. there's no doubt in anyone's mind that rakim is better, but who's more popular (even at his prime)?

tHuG $TyLe

Staff member
jason_g_718 said:
Most of the fans here weren't listening to rap 9 years ago?

How many fucking "new generation" fans are in here?

I thought the majority of this board was around my age, 25-30. I'll be 28 next Sunday.
i think the board's average age is between 16-24

Im 18

ThUg $TyLe said:
i think the board's average age is between 16-24

Im 18
:eek: God damn!!!

Bunch of fuckin' youngins around here, huh?

Didn't this board use to be majority 21-30 year olds?

Fuck...lol, how'd everyone get so fucking young?

tHuG $TyLe

Staff member
jason_g_718 said:
:eek: God damn!!!

Bunch of fuckin' youngins around here, huh?

Didn't this board use to be majority 21-30 year olds?

Fuck...lol, how'd everyone get so fucking young?
Lol, there are older members, but mainly most of them have gone, more and more young members are joining up.

maybe the reason the board is in decline, ive been here for 3 years, and its the worst period so far.

i started listening to pac when greatest hits came out. i was about 13. even before then i had seen juice and above the rim.
Damn, man. I forget a lot when I'm posting around here that probably close to 40% of this board, if not more, didn't start listening to Pac until after he was dead or like, their first album by him was GH or Better Dayz or something. It's just odd to hear people say that shit because I've known who 2pac is since 1992, I started listening to some of his songs in 1993, and I consider myself a fan as of probably mid-1994. I decided he was one of my favorite artists around March of 1995, right after he dropped Me Against The World (at that time though, Snoop Doggy Dogg was my favorite rapper). He dropped 2pacalypse now I think in 1991, IIRC. Either 90 or 91, but I'm 99% sure it's '91. And the first time I heard of him was when I saw Juice.

this poll isn't a matter of opinion.
Dude, the statements people make about music, when it regards anything like a CD's quality, how well everything is produced, arranged, mixed, what artists are better than the others, what artists really suck, what artists are really good, what songs are better than others...that's ALL opinion dude. The only things that can be factual are things such as sales number, chart positions, popularity and things relative to those. But, when a person asks "who had the most impact at their peak?", that is purely opinion UNLESS you're talking about numbers. So...when you say impact, exactly what form of impact are you talking about? If you tell me that this poll ISN'T a matter of opinion, then that only leaves me to believe that you are talking in regards to sales numbers or chart positions or something relative to those aspects of music.

i like pac's movies better than 8 mile too, but this isnt about who is better, it's about who's more popular.
I don't know. 8 Mile was a damn good movie. Seriously. Eminem proved in that movie that not only can he be an excellent leading man, but dude has major acting abilities. He DID carry that movie and I believe it was nominated for several awards. The only Pac movies I like better than 8 Mile are Juice and Gridlock'd. The rest of Pac's movies were good, but they were probably, IMO, about equal to 8 Mile. I don't know, all depends on what mood I'm in when I'm watching.

it's like comparing 50 cent and rakim. there's no doubt in anyone's mind that rakim is better, but who's more popular (even at his prime)?
I'll probably get hated on bigtime for this, but 50 Cent definately. As you said yourself, there is no question who is better, 50 isn't even fit to flush the toilet for Rakim. We also know who is the more legendary rapper. HOWEVER, as an article on the net mentioned earlier, 50 currently has 3 SONGS in either the Top 5 or Top 10, can't remember which. That is history. Literally. NO RAPPER in history has accomplished that feat. 2pac never even had 2 singles in the Top like that and he is considered by many, and I think it's fair to say most people, fans and rappers alike, to be the best rapper to ever live.

jason g 718 said:
Eminem proved in that movie that not only can he be an excellent leading man, but dude has major acting abilities
Not to beef, but the dude was essentially playing himself.

jason g 718 said:
I'll probably get hated on bigtime for this, but 50 Cent definately
You won't get hated, that was AmerikazMost's point.

id say 50

hes got his own movie comin out
hes got his own game comin out
he got his own clothing line
hes got his own lable
hes known worldwide

Not to beef, but the dude was essentially playing himself.
You still have to have the ability to act though. I've seen a lot of movies where actors have the simplest of roles and they still are terrible. Eminem fucking kicked ass in that movie. Tell you what, here's another example of proof that Eminem is a great actor. Steven Speilburg once said "a truly great actor can take even the smallest and most limited of roles, and actually steal that part of the movie, and in come cases, the whole movie".

An example of this is Em's performance in The Wash. I don't know how many have seen that movie, but I saw it in the theatre and that movie was pretty fucking sad. Eminem played a fired and disgruntled employee who was making cranks and threatening phone calls to the owner of The Wash through the entire movie. At the end, he shows up to the place with a gun ready to kill everyone. His final scene is about 2, maybe 3 minutes long, yet it's one of the most attention grabbing scenes and probably the most interesting.

Silleone said:
id say 50

hes got his own lable
hes known worldwide
that's what i've been thinking. i mean, rap is bigger now then it's ever been, and 50 has all his own shit like that. I mean, dude lives in Mike Tyson's old house, fucked 'half the bitches in hollywood', and makes millions every month on G-Unit sneakers. To me, he's close to where Eminem was when Eminem Show came out, and after 'So Amazing' blows up to be the biggest hit this summer, it might put him over the top.

Silleone said:
id say 50

hes got his own lable
hes known worldwide
To quote Calcuo: "Not to beef but..."

Any of his projects can be dropped by the financers at anytime.

jason g 718 said:
An example of this is Em's performance in The Wash. I don't know how many have seen that movie, but I saw it in the theatre and that movie was pretty fucking sad. Eminem played a fired and disgruntled employee who was making cranks and threatening phone calls to the owner of The Wash through the entire movie. At the end, he shows up to the place with a gun ready to kill everyone. His final scene is about 2, maybe 3 minutes long, yet it's one of the most attention grabbing scenes and probably the most interesting.
I've seen the movie.

Let's put it into context: In 8 Mile he played himself, Marshall. In The Wash he played himself, Eminem ('disgruntled employee' - how many times has Eminem referenced his shitty jobs?)

Not trying to diss Eminen but he is yet to prove himself as an actor in a lot of people's opinions.

Btw, the Speilberg comment can hardly be attributed to that which is highly debatle & that which, as you yourself say, is a good performance in an otherwise poor movie.

jason g 718 said:
Any of his projects can be dropped by the financers at anytime.
Yet the cheques will've been cut, contracts are binding & 50 might be able to get an extra bonus in a severance deal.

And he'll still only trail Eminem in popularity.

AmerikazMost

jason_g_718 said:
Damn, man. I forget a lot when I'm posting around here that probably close to 40% of this board, if not more, didn't start listening to Pac until after he was dead or like, their first album by him was GH or Better Dayz or something. It's just odd to hear people say that shit because I've known who 2pac is since 1992, I started listening to some of his songs in 1993, and I consider myself a fan as of probably mid-1994. I decided he was one of my favorite artists around March of 1995, right after he dropped Me Against The World (at that time though, Snoop Doggy Dogg was my favorite rapper). He dropped 2pacalypse now I think in 1991, IIRC. Either 90 or 91, but I'm 99% sure it's '91. And the first time I heard of him was when I saw Juice.

Dude, the statements people make about music, when it regards anything like a CD's quality, how well everything is produced, arranged, mixed, what artists are better than the others, what artists really suck, what artists are really good, what songs are better than others...that's ALL opinion dude. The only things that can be factual are things such as sales number, chart positions, popularity and things relative to those. But, when a person asks "who had the most impact at their peak?", that is purely opinion UNLESS you're talking about numbers. So...when you say impact, exactly what form of impact are you talking about? If you tell me that this poll ISN'T a matter of opinion, then that only leaves me to believe that you are talking in regards to sales numbers or chart positions or something relative to those aspects of music.

I don't know. 8 Mile was a damn good movie. Seriously. Eminem proved in that movie that not only can he be an excellent leading man, but dude has major acting abilities. He DID carry that movie and I believe it was nominated for several awards. The only Pac movies I like better than 8 Mile are Juice and Gridlock'd. The rest of Pac's movies were good, but they were probably, IMO, about equal to 8 Mile. I don't know, all depends on what mood I'm in when I'm watching.

I'll probably get hated on bigtime for this, but 50 Cent definately. As you said yourself, there is no question who is better, 50 isn't even fit to flush the toilet for Rakim. We also know who is the more legendary rapper. HOWEVER, as an article on the net mentioned earlier, 50 currently has 3 SONGS in either the Top 5 or Top 10, can't remember which. That is history. Literally. NO RAPPER in history has accomplished that feat. 2pac never even had 2 singles in the Top like that and he is considered by many, and I think it's fair to say most people, fans and rappers alike, to be the best rapper to ever live.
meant personal opinion...this thread is analyzing general public opinion

and i was implying that 50 cent is more popular than rakim ever was. this shows that just because you're more talented, doesn't mean you'll be more popular

hes got his own movie comin out-eminem had his own movie
he got his own clothing line-so does eminem
hes got his own lable-so does eminem
hes known worldwide-eminem is more popular

From 98 to 2005 rap has gotten alot more popular. Eminem was just as popular as 50 cent is 4 years ago. And he is still just as popular.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.