The Official NBA Thread 2011-12

ARon

Kobe is regarded as having the highest basketball IQ in the league, of course Mike Brown is going to talk to him about him lol. I forget which game it was after but on the flight home Kobe and Mike Brown sat there and broke down the entire game, even staying on the plane after it landed to finish. Mike Brown said in his years with bron not once did they go over film like that.

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
i didn't watch last night's game, but what's wrong with Gasol? That guy is on some spaced out shit. He didn't do shit in that Clippers game. I don't remember seeing him ask for the ball once.

Kobe

^Apparently it was just a really bad game. So bad that the Lakers scored only 7pts in the 3rd quarter. You can't call Gasol out when things are messed up as they already were.

The.Menace

Staff member
I watch the Heat Spurs game right now and damn, Miami played bad the first half. They are lucky beeing down only 10. But seriously. Wade is out, but still. Ugly.

The.Menace

Staff member
Heat come back to take the lead, James got hot. I dunno how they did it, but they managed to passed the ugly bug in halftime to the Spurs. Strange game.

ARon

Gasol isn't really finding space or even looking for it it seems. They kept working a pick and roll with him and Kobe but after gasol threw the pick he would stay stagnant. I don't remember seeing him cut once. At this point Kobe is hot, they're running the offense through him. Other guys look like shit off the ball and the offense just looks lazy. Luckily they're playing pretty good d. This is 06 Kobe all over again, it's not necessarily a bad thing but they wont win a championship this way. Other guys need to step up, its not Kobe hogging the ball its other players doing nothing but watching him. Kobe posts up more than bynum and gasol combined, that's a problem

ArtsyGirl

Kobe is regarded as having the highest basketball IQ in the league, of course Mike Brown is going to talk to him about him lol. I forget which game it was after but on the flight home Kobe and Mike Brown sat there and broke down the entire game, even staying on the plane after it landed to finish. Mike Brown said in his years with bron not once did they go over film like that.
It's not so bad he's talking to him. And I love that Kobe is so involved in how the game is run, in that way. It was just a funny contrast because he was getting stuck into one of the Rookies and was calling Gasol on some shit, and then he turns to Kobe and says that - and it was more in the way he said it. I just found it funny.

ARon

I think the discussion begins and ends with Mr wall putting up bron type numbers. Nick young going 5 for 10 from three doesn't hurt either. If the wizards would come out and play with intensity and show a little consistency they'd be able to make the playoffs

roaches

Wall's biggest plays don't even show up on a stat sheet. He took two charges on Kevin Durant in the fourth, one with 38 seconds left, that were huge. Oh, and he made all his free throws. Westbrook got him beat in points, but he DID take ten more shots.

About the Thunder: Durant and Westbrook get to 30 so easily you don't even notice. James Harden only gets like eight shots though. They don't rebound, and they don't force turnovers. (When a team gets hot like the Wizards did from downtown and you're not denying them chances to shoot, you just might lose.) This tells me that their coach sucks and they will flame out (pun intended) in the playoffs.

hizzle?

Staff member
Regarding their defense, they are good down low, but suck on perimeter defense (Except Westbrook)... Maybe if they land Raja Bell, it could help them, as he wants to get out of Utah...

Ristol

New York's Ambassador
As some of you know, I'm a big Knicks fan. But as I was watching them self-destruct (sixth straight loss!) against Denver last night, I found myself smiling whenever Gallinari made a shot, or Melo missed one. Obviously I have some leftover loyalty to Gallo. But what I realized: I just want the Knicks to keep losing. I want them to lose 20 games in a row. You know why? Because that's the only way we'll finally rid ourselves of D'Antoni this year. He'll get fired, Mike Woodson will take over for the year, and who knows what'll happen next year? Maybe Phil Jackson takes the job. Everybody knows he was a Knick before he was anything. Maybe he wants to be one again. Bottom line: the Knicks have to keep losing right now.

Kobe

^Might be better for you to hope that things will get better with the Knicks. Isn't Jackson coming back to coach a big 'IF'? While I do agree he might come back for the Knicks, there are still a number of minor details about Jackson that would need to be sorted out.

I'm still behind by two days on my NBA highlights, but this play was amazing. The screen on Jason Kidd is simply brilliant.

Today in sports history:

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.