The Official NBA Thread 2011-12

Ristol

New York's Ambassador
We all have to take it back. I did not think this series would be fun. I was very wrong.

STOP THE CORONATION RIGHT NOW MOTHERFUCKERS. THE MAVS LIVE.

Kobe

Excuse the delayed reaction as I just watched the game off my PVR.

OMG! WTF?

1) Dirk Nowitizki is a phenomenal shooter. The whole night, I only saw one shot of his touch the rim as it went in (that back breaker of a 3pt shot.) Everything else was literally 'nothing but net'.

2) There really is nothing to say about the Heat right now.

This game reminds me of when the Celtics demolished Staples Center back in 2008. Man, these finals sure need that break til Sunday coz what I watched was some phenomenal basketball from two teams in the NBA Finals. I don't know how any journalist composes themselves to write or cover a re-cap of this game.

Ristol, Game 3 Sunday 8pmET/5pmPT on ABC, ESPN & ESPN 3D :cool: (where available of course)

ArtsyGirl

Miami players were doing some brilliant lying after the game saying they didn't think the game won with the 15 point lead. Psychologically they checked out and it was obvious, they couldn't believe the lead was smashed and didn't get back any rhythm. To me once it got down to the last few minutes LeBron was forcing his shots, why Wade wasn't even looked for it unbelievable to me considering the game he had. But lol at the last shot (Wade) holding his eye pleading with the Ref.

Bosh was weak on that last play and I was surprised LeBron didn't rotate to help on that.

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
I'm still willing to put a hundred dollars on the Heat. As long as I'm not betting with ARon, cause that faggot owes me $50 for the Lakers loss.

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
Miami stole this one.

1. There's something weird going on between Wade and Bron Bron. It's as if Wade told Bron Bron to back down and let Wade carry the team. Bron Bron looks disinterested, bored on the floor. It's weird watching his talent wasted.
2. Fucking loose ball fouls. You know they have a rebounding problem when Wade is the one getting them.
3. Chris Bosh needs to stop hesitating on that jumper.

Kobe

I agree Miami stole this game. However, that last 4.4 seconds was full of suspense. The Mavs had every chance of winning the game if they got Nowitzki at the 3pt line. I was also thinking Lebron was a complete no show during the 4th quarter. It was weird him getting all this praise of late and being a no show when it counts. Either way, I've always wondered who's team this is and clearly Wade is still in firm control of it. The Dallas defense is amazing considering the Heat had at least two shot clock violations during key possessions in the game.

Weird thing was the no call when Chalmer launched the ball from half-court and made the shot. A backcourt violation call from the zebras would have cancelled that shot. Small things like this do turn out to be crucial factors in determining the end result of a series. History lesson right here:

Teammates Kobe Bryant and Shaquille O'Neal missed their shots, and Sacramento Kings center Vlade Divac tipped a rebound blindly away from the basket. Then came something right out of the movies: The ball headed straight for Horry, who grabbed it for a 3-pointer as time expired and rallied the Lakers from a 24-point deficit to a 100-99 victory Sunday.
However, even before that happened, this happened in the same game at the halftime buzzer.

The second 3-pointer of Samaki Walker's career beat the buzzer and pulled the Lakers within 65-51.
Replays clearly showed that shot by Walker was released well after the buzzer. Had the refs made that call correctly, who knows how that would affected the outcome of the series? Who cares? I jumped like a mad man when Horry made that buzzer :)

*Statistically*, the Heat will now win the NBA finals.

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
The Mavs did a nice job of switching but I don't know about their defense. I think it was the bad Heat offense that made the Mavs defense look so good. Most of those shot clock violations or last-second shots were the result of good defense but of James just not being involved in the offense enough. If he was involved, it seemed like he was passing the ball over to the next guy to deal with it and not helping create an opportunity for him.

ArtsyGirl

Mav's defense has holes everywhere as all previous 3 quarters had shown. Miami just made it easier on them.

Game 2 4th Quarter James was controlling the offense. Wade had been hot all game. Miami lose.

Game 3 4th Quarter Wade controls the offense. Wade had been hot all game. Miami win.

James doesn't know how to be the 2nd best player on the court, in a game scenario.

Kobe

Meh....the Mavs defense is just fine to me ;).

Had Dirk made a wonder shot to win the game, everyone would be talking how unbelievable they are as a team. No one would have brought up their defense. My guess is they need to stop depending on Dirk all the time. Lets imagine the rest of the team stepped up, and scored more points while sticking to the same defense plan...Mavs would have won easily.

ArtsyGirl

Problem is they were digging themselves out of a hole all night, so it comes down to the last shot. That's not ideal, and doesn't always result in a win like Game 2.

Offensively they need to have more options, Dirk isn't as on point as he has been in previous series so they REALLY need the other 5 guys on the court to step up.

Every game has been pretty close, so they aint THAT bad..

Kobe

^^Agreed, they keep having to make up too many points during games. Even Dirk said they can't be doing that all the time. Once they work those defensive stops into their offense, they just might have a chance. The Bulls had the same problem offensively. I didn't watch them much to see their defense but they sure did put all their hopes on Derek Rose. When Rose wasn't having a good game, Bulls had no one else to go to.

Whats up with Dirk and the laid back lean with the mic during interviews? It rocks!! :)

Mark Jackson has been appointed coach of the Warriors. Can you imagine those time outs after a defensive lapse by a Warriors guard?

Mark Jackson: What the hell was that? I've told you guys before.....
Warriors players: Hand down...man down (in fed up unison).

Ristol

New York's Ambassador
LOL. I love Mark Jackson. Very happy he got a coaching job. I was hoping he'd work for the Knicks in some capacity. Rumors abound that D'Antoni doesn't want a new contract in NY (he has one year left) and will bolt for Toronto (yeah) in the offseason, mainly because he's close with their GM and the Knicks owner is by far the worst in the league.

Ristol

New York's Ambassador
Whoooo. I've watched a lot of games in my life. That was one of the best.

I'm not used to nonstop hustle like that. The Finals are so different. You really can't count either team out until it's over. And apparently, you can't EVER count out the Mavs.

I'm happy with this. Like most of you (I imagine) I don't want to see the Heat win anything, ever.

Sidenote on why I don't want the Heat to win shit: my guy Patrick Ewing fights through all those wars with MJ, all those disappointments, all those near-misses, and never wins a championship. Then a scrub like Juwan Howard can latch on to the Heat's bench and maybe get himself a ring? Fuck that. Go Mavs, 100%.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.