The Official NBA Thread 2011-12

Kobe

Mon: Uconn win the title and I await Kemba Walker's arrival in the NBA
Tue: Texas A&M coach Gary Blair does the Dougie
Later on Tue: Bryant fumbles the ball at the moment he can win the game for LA. To think discussion about his 'clutchness' has been in full swing this season.
Wed: ????

Ristol

New York's Ambassador
Knicks have won six straight. Only teams that scare me for a first round matchup are Boston and Orlando. I think the Knicks can beat anybody else. (They may not beat anybody else, and I concede that any Knicks win would be an upset, but this is my opinion.)

Ristol

New York's Ambassador
Almost playoff time. I'm starting to get excited. We all know who's coming out of the west, but the east is interesting to me.

I have to pick Boston to win until they don't. They've proven themselves over and over. Plus, they're stocked up with experienced big men. Nobody else in the east can say that. I don't think Chicago is going anywhere, despite the hoo-ha about them. Just my gut feeling.

I have to pull for Denver in the west. They have half my team. I feel like I'm watching the Knicks when they're on.

Kobe

1) That was a neat comeback by the Bulls (read as Derek Rose).

2) I really didn't see that loss to the Hornets coming, but anything goes when CP3 has such a game.

3) I doubt L.A make it to the finals this year.

hizzle?

Staff member
I see a Boston-Lakers or Boston-Spurs finals... Depending if Manu comes back strong for the Spurs.

I hope the Bulls make it though. Anyone but the Heat!

Ristol

New York's Ambassador
I know it's 2-0, but I expect Knicks/Boston to become a good series. NYK has pushed them hard in both games. One bounce here or there (and less shitty refs) and the Knicks would be up 2-0. I know, I know, petty gripes. But Amar'e looks like he'll play tomorrow, so the Celtics won't be able to just run screaming at Carmelo every time he touches the ball. (And he put 42 on them anyway.) I think it's going to be a good series. Six games, maybe seven. God I hope I'm right.

Ristol

New York's Ambassador
I know it's 2-0, but I expect Knicks/Boston to become a good series. NYK has pushed them hard in both games. One bounce here or there (and less shitty refs) and the Knicks would be up 2-0. I know, I know, petty gripes. But Amar'e looks like he'll play tomorrow, so the Celtics won't be able to just run screaming at Carmelo every time he touches the ball. (And he put 42 on them anyway.) I think it's going to be a good series. Six games, maybe seven. God I hope I'm right.
I'm an idiot.

But is anybody watching this Blazers/Mavs game right now? Portland was down 23 late in the third quarter and Brandon Roy put the team on his back. Excellent game.

Kobe

^^The most I've watched of the playoffs so far is the highlight reels. Broadcast restrictions means limited choice on what may prove to be interesting game. However, I do think Oklahoma City have the best fans in the NBA when it comes to the playoffs. In addition, Ginobli's performance in game 2 is the right way to come back when everyone has been saying you're the missing piece. Chicago didn't sweep, but its only a matter of time before they move on to the next one.

It would have been nice if the Knicks put up a fight, but right now they're on the ropes. D'Antoni is prolly telling his team, "We've got em right where we want em." Nothing worse than seeing a player on any team drop 42 in a losing effort. Granted Amare has had his problems. I believe a team is only measured when the everyone is fully healthy for the playoffs.

Ristol

New York's Ambassador
You know the NBA is fucked up when I'm rooting for the Lakers. It's nice to see what Chris Paul can do though. Hopefully he'll be a Knick soon. Kobe is still the man. Can't be stopped. Once he ties Michael at six rings, does he deserve a share of greatest player ever? I keep asking myself this question.

Celtics/Heat is gonna be amazing. Celtics in seven.

Kobe

^^I'd advise you not to root for the Lakers. This really doesn't seem like it'll be their year......& this is coming from a fan of the team who thought 2008 was their year. As for the six rings (if it ever happens), the Knights Templar of Jordan's legacy won't even allow that discussion to begin. Even if he gets to 7, there is still the MVP awards, the NBA Finals winning record, the etc....

Chris Paul is playing at the level every NBA player should when the playoffs come by. The guy loves to win and is so damn competitive, even Bryant was getting outplayed by him. Not that it shouldn't happen but if Bryant hadn't 'sprained' his ankle, Paul had at least cracked them with one cross over I saw in game 4.

Let the records show that I state, "Joakim Noah has a HOT sister."

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.