The Official NBA Thread 2011-12

Kobe

Kobe won the Kobe v Lebron last night

lol when did Fan vote start 4 the game itself? the talk had me thinking what if the vote went 2 Lebron or Yao Ming
Not to mention that dunk when Lebron was chasing him down for the block. Awesome!!

I don't know when the fan voting started. I was thinking they had a fail safe that prevented something like Yao getting voted for. Anyone that didn't want Byant winning the MVP instantly voted Lebron as many times as they could.

Did I mention I've been a Knick fan since I was fucking born?
Well done on the Knicks doing the right thing and getting Melo. I was starting to wonder how the fans would take it if Melo joined the Nets instead. I'm just glad the drama is over. It was pretty obvious the Knicks were the ones that needed to get the trade going. Somehow they managed to do so. Looks like New York will be the next destination for any major free agents in future.

Kobe

Jordan Farmar thought he'd be running the point at the Nets, so he left LA in a huff. He wanted to 'spread his wings' he said. I bet he didn't think he'd be competing with the best PG in the league for a starting position. Ha!! The irony is unbelievable.

Ristol

New York's Ambassador
so does anybody know if Melo's knick jerseys are sold out right now. im real close on ordering one.
The numbers are pretty crazy right now. NBA.com says they'll move a thousand Melo jerseys in the first week. But you live in Ohio, why not get yourself a crisp new Baron Davis jersey? :)

Kobe

If you haven't heard that the Bulls beat the Heat, then you don't like NBA basketball!! This 'crying' comment is gonna be doing some rounds for sure.

Miami coach Erik Spoelstra said some players were moved to tears in the Heat locker room. This much is clear: He and the Heat are hurting. "This is painful for every single one of us to go through this, there are couple of guys crying in the locker room right now, it is not a matter of want," Spoelstra said.

"Inside our locker room, we stick together, we're like brothers," Wade said. "We win together, we lose together. Outside, the Miami Heat are exactly what everyone wanted, losing games. The world is better now since the Heat is losing."
C'mon D-wade, that analogy is a bit far fetched.

On other matters, Shaq thinks he could have saved Biggie's life. OTL: Shaq & Biggie - Boston Celtics Blog - ESPN Boston What surprised me more was the existence of footage seconds before Biggie got shot. The whole thing happened really fast.

Kobe

^^Now that's what you call building a team. Bulls were top of the Eastern conf yesterday, it has to be the first time its happened since Jordan left the team.

SicC

Dying Breed
Staff member
^^Now that's what you call building a team. Bulls were top of the Eastern conf yesterday, it has to be the first time its happened since Jordan left the team.
Then they wen't and lost the next nite and handed it back to the Celtics, there good but they will not win a championship there still to young and Carlos Boozer will just get bullied by any of the celtics interior players or lakers interior players.

pz

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
Then they wen't and lost the next nite and handed it back to the Celtics, there good but they will not win a championship there still to young and Carlos Boozer will just get bullied by any of the celtics interior players or lakers interior players.

pz
I think Bulls have a strong chance of winning man.

SicC

Dying Breed
Staff member
I think Bulls have a strong chance of winning man.
Look brother you know I love you to death but its not going to happen, there good, but there not championship good, they also play in the worst conference in the NBA there is not a single team over .500% in the division aside from them, you put them in the west and they would be 5 or 6th seed at best.

Teams they can not beat, Lakers, Celtics & Spurs.

pz

SicC

Dying Breed
Staff member
so does anybody know if Melo's knick jerseys are sold out right now. im real close on ordering one.

WTF for he is a fucking bum, there 7-8 with him on the team, dude is not a superstar, he is not a franchise player he is a fucking joke, stop giving him more money he don't deserve.

pz

SicC

Dying Breed
Staff member
Jordan Farmar thought he'd be running the point at the Nets, so he left LA in a huff. He wanted to 'spread his wings' he said. I bet he didn't think he'd be competing with the best PG in the league for a starting position. Ha!! The irony is unbelievable.

Theres no competing, its Williams all the way, Farmer was still a bench player when he went there originally behind Devin Harris, he just got like an extra 3 minutes a game haha.

pz

SicC

Dying Breed
Staff member
WTF for he is a fucking bum, there 7-8 with him on the team, dude is not a superstar, he is not a franchise player he is a fucking joke, stop giving him more money he don't deserve.

pz

Make that 7-9 with the loss to Boston tonight, scrub.

pz

Kobe

Following Saturday's practice in Charlotte, where Jordan serves as majority owner of the NBA's Charlotte Bobcats, the legend spoke with some of the Tar Heels -- including Barnes -- about their sneakers :D

"Hey dude, next time I see you in those Kobe Bryant's, I'm going to cut you right off. I don't care if your feet kill you, you're going to wear those Jordans," Jordan said, before cracking a smile and laughing. "If you're going to keep winning, you can wear them ... but that Duke game, you got killed."

EDouble

Will suck off black men for a dime
Bulls can beat L.a butthey both have to get thru there respective conferences
personally itll be in business once L.a. & MIA r knocked out

the East have been worse in the past for large part the playoff contenders in both conferences are quality, I feel

Kobe

^^Chicago Bulls this season are just as hyped as the Lakers were in 2008 i.e

The Bulls have made a big leap from their previous season, losing in the 1st round of the playoffs the previous year and coming out of nowhere to lead their conference. They excel on one side of the ball (in this case defense), while being middle of the pack on the other side. They employ the likely league MVP. They have several players (and a coach) that are considered winners, but haven’t had a lot of success together as of yet. In the end, the Bulls have what it takes to reach the Finals. They might not have what it takes to bring home the hardware. Maybe it’ll be proven wrong.
This tweet was damn funny:

Random lady in phoenix: "you're tall you should play basketball" Me: "Ehh I dunno" lady: "no really!" me: "ok I guess I'll give it a try"9 p.m. ET via web
Blake Griffin
blakegriffin
Tidbits from the Lakers/Mavs game

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online