The Official NBA Thread 2011-12

yak pac fatal

yea big win for the celtics. they got homecourt advantage now.

goddamn spurs. excluding parker no one stepped up from the bench. they missed a shitload of freethrows. and blew multiple lays up. i dont understand why jefferson doesnt shoot or at least drive ($15 mil role player, he still doesnt know his role).

lol at fisher

Yak, you see that ass whoopin the Cavs got today? Cavs ain't got shit on Boston.

&& the Spurs SHOULD have won today's game. I expect them to win game 2, just like they did with the Mavs.

ARon

Celtics should be up 2-0. I hope they keep playing the way they do.

I knew it would be close and they'd have a chance at winning but the way they have been playing is crazy. It's like they were waiting all season to beat this Cavs team. It's still early, the series is at 1-1, but if shit doesn't change soon bronbron is going fishing.

ARon

Man i dont know the finals stats but at one point towards the end of the game, bynum, gasol and odom combined for 50 pts 18-22 from the field, 20ish rebounds and 8 blocks. Game Over!

^I saw that. They showed it while the game was on. Amazing numbers inside.

Wow, the hawks just got... i dont even know what to call it. Blown out? Murdered? Whooped? All of that combined.

By the way, Shouts to the Suns, Steve Nash, Spurs, and the NBA for the following:

In general, people in the sports world keep their political leanings to themselves. Sure, there are a few guys who regularly speak out on political issues, but for the most part that's considered bad business. As Michael Jordan put it, "Republicans buy shoes too." That's why what the Phoenix Suns are doing is so amazing.

The team will be wearing its "Los Suns" jerseys for Wednesday night's Game 2 against the San Antonio Spurs "to honor [the] Latino community and the diversity of our league, the state of Arizona, and our nation." Awesome.

The decision to wear the jerseys came from way up the corporate ladder, as team owner Robert Sarver suggested the team wear their Noche Latina alternates.

Sarver, who was born and raised in Tucson, said frustration with the federal government's failure to deal with the illegal immigration issue led to the passage of what he called "a flawed state law."

"However intended, the result of passing the law is that our basic principles of equal rights and protection under the law are being called into question," he said, "and Arizona's already struggling economy will suffer even further setbacks at a time when the state can ill-afford them."
The Suns voted on the jerseys and unanimously decided to wear them for Cinco De Mayo. As if he weren't likeable enough, Phoenix guard Steve Nash(notes) succinctly summed up the Suns' feelings on the issue.

"I think it's fantastic," Nash said after Tuesday's practice. "I think the law is very misguided. I think it's, unfortunately, to the detriment of our society and our civil liberties. I think it's very important for us to stand up for things we believe in. As a team and as an organization, we have a lot of love and support for all of our fans. The league is very multicultural. We have players from all over the world, and our Latino community here is very strong and important to us."
And it's not just the Suns who are speaking out on this issue.

Spurs coach Gregg Popovich is on board, and the team even tried to get their "Los Spurs" jerseys, though it was too late to do so. When asked for approval to wear the jerseys, the NBA "was all for it," said Suns general manager Steve Kerr. Furthermore, NBA Players Association executive director Billy Hunter issued a press release, denouncing the law.

The recent passage of the new immigration law in Arizona is disappointing and disturbing. The National Basketball Players Association strongly supports the repeal or immediate modification of this legislation. Any attempt to encourage, tolerate or legalize racial profiling is offensive and incompatible with basic notions of fairness and equal protection. A law that unfairly targets one group is ultimately a threat to all.

We applaud the actions of Phoenix Suns players and management and join them in taking a stand against the misguided efforts of Arizona lawmakers. We are consulting with our members and our player leadership to determine the most effective way for our union to continue to voice our opposition to this legislation.
It's not much, just an extra three letters on the front of a tanktop, but it means a lot more. As Kerr said, the Suns want to "make sure that people understand that we know what's going on and we don't agree with the law itself." For a sports team, that's huge.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ba...t=Aod5NhZ5ru.rDNsaZx.NuG.8vLYF?urn=nba,238682
This is very inspiring to me, as a Latino, and the rest of the Latino communities here in the Southwest. No need to get political on this shit, just gonna say that the law should have never been passed.

Peace

Shadows

^You're a latino? I always thought you were black. hahaha, no offence.

Anyway,
I don't think the playoffs are good this year. I feel like most teams are one-sided, with a little bit of upsets in games. imo.

Yes Shadows. I live in Cali... AKA Occupied Mexico. Mexican, to be more specific.

Yea, the playoffs aren't THAT great this year. I think it's partly because of the seeding, and nobody's really had a breakout game or done anything GREAT and unexpected... yet.

yak pac fatal

The commish (who attended with his wife and stayed until the final buzzer) got booed by the hometown fans prior to the game when he stood at center court for the announcement that the Magic will play host to the 2012 All-Star Game, the Magic faithful undoubtedly placing the blame for Howard's four games of foul trouble in the first round squarely on Easy Dave's shoulders.
Annihilation at Amway: Magic win by 43 - ESPN

lmao magic franchise is done

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.