Rest In Peace Big Proof (of D12).

Proof Shot & Killed

Man this was hard to take in. I've seen him live in concert with D12 for a venue of maybe 250-500ppl where he basically stole the show. Another senseless death in Hip hop of someone who brought true originality and style to the game with pure talent.
RIP Proof and prayers to his fam!

Proof Shot & Killed

sad man just sad...never thought another rapper would fall victim so quick..it seems its a never ending cycle...but i gotta say Rest In Eternal Peace to Big Proof...yo shit will always bump in my systems dogg..you'll be truely missed in this watered down industry u was a real ass rhyme spitter...see u on the other side homie...

roaches

Proof Shot & Killed

http://www.allhiphop.com/hiphopnews/?ID=5555

Exclusive: Shooting Details Involving Rapper Proof Emerge
By Nolan Strong
Date: 4/12/2006 9:00 am

An altercation inside a Detroit nightclub led to the death of D-12 rapper Proof after an argument allegedly turned into a gunfight, leaving a bouncer wounded, according to sources.

A source that requested anonymity told AllHipHop.com that Proof was in the club after-hours when a heated verbal argument between Proof and a bouncer allegedly broke out and escalated.

Proof was shot and killed around 4:30 am on April 11 and the bouncer was seriously wounded, both with gunshots to the head.

"Proof knocked dude down and stood over him with gun in hand," a source close to Proof told AllHipHop.com. "Proof shot first. The bouncer on the ground didn't shoot Proof another bouncer did. Proof was shot 4 times. Twice in the head and twice in the chest/stomach area."

Police have identified the second man as 35-year-old Keith Bender.

Bender is alive, but is still in critical condition.

"Dude [Bender] is on life support and not expected to live at all," the source continued.

Investigators are still trying to piece together details of the shooting but have stated they believe two guns were used in the shooting.

According to sources, Proof was licensed to carry his weapon.

Officers have frequently been called to the club, taking 18 incident reports since 1996.

The club was raided in December of 2005 for selling alcohol to minors and Proof's murder was the third time a shooting had occurred at or near the club.

"All this s**t is senseless and real f**ed up. Proof was a longtime friend who wouldn't stay the f**k out the hood. To many jealous people in the hood mad cause you made it.

"8 Mile [road] near Hayes on Detroit's Eastside at 4 am in the morning? That Triple C spot always has drama up there. Why was he there?" the source continued.

The police questioned one witness in the case and seek to speak to others to find suspects.

The club did not have a video surveillance system police, officers revealed.

Proof served as Eminem's best man in the rapper's short-lived wedding to Kim Mathers.

The rapper, whose real name is Deshaun Holtoon, leaves behind five children.

Proof Shot & Killed

This is disgusting, a talented young man dead because of petty shit. And now we see he shot first. Wonderful.

Why are people like Proof and the guy that shot him unable to realize that weapons don't make you more of a man, they make you a bitch.

As 2Pac said: "Leave ya guns and ya knives at home, throw ya hands up."

This type of shit constantly seems to dog hip-hop. What a damn shame.

RIP Proof and condolences to his family, but after reading that article roaches just posted I'm a little less moved.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Proof Shot & Killed

We all do dumb shit when we are drunk. Don't know what Proof was thinking. He took a life and lost his own.

Dante

Meyer & Dante Best Friends4eva
Proof Shot & Killed

yeah the article doesn't make him look very good. if he shot first then the other people were justified in their shooting. always stupid how someone sitting on money allows themselves to be brought back down the the level of some hourly employee with a grudge. it happens time and time again... there are no stripes to be earned by offing mouthy bouncers.

ARon

Proof Shot & Killed

Plus he was fighting with a bouncer, bouncers are no joke, sad situation, very sad. It's like two cases of self defense at the same time almost. Just fucked up. Still no matter the situation it still sucks he died.

That banner whoever made is tight, you should really use that.

Bobby Sands

Proof Shot & Killed

We all do dumb shit when we are drunk. Don't know what Proof was thinking. He took a life and lost his own.
But to pin a guy down and shoot him in the head?If that is true,then Proof may have deserved what he got.I doubt that is the full story.There has to be more to it than that.

Proof Shot & Killed

R.i.P. proof we will miss u... :(

This is from the song called "good die young" D12 album luv this song!

Proof:
"They say it's never too late to have an early childhood
If I could turn back the hands of time, God should
forgive what I did as a kid that run blocks
Now my dreams is just scream "Cops" and gunshots
The fun stops when your homie's up in the box
My duty Bo, rest assure, snuffed by the cops
I used to court shit a lot, if there's a guy I'd pprobably say somethin
If you love him so much why ain't you gave nothin?
But he took my homie's slippers only in eleventh grade
Now I hope to see his face at the Heaven gates
It ain't never late in the game, Satan remains
with a grudge to see slugs break through my frame
My heart aches with the pain, the light limits breath
We gotta have fun now, there's only minutes left
And in death cause stress young'uns is sucked in
To get tats for my fallen homies, I ain't got enough skin"

Proof Shot & Killed

I aint sayin Proof is a saint, but its hard for me to believe any of this shit cause Ive seen several different accounts on what occured.

One story saids they were pointing guns at each other, another saids that Proof knocked him down and shot him. Another saids that a third bouncer was involved - I thought only two were involved - the one that got shot and the other that did shoot.

All I know is Proof was evidentally alone at the time and that he isnt around to tell his side of the story. For all we know the facts could be gettin twisted to cover up some other shit. Yeah, their painting Proof as a hot-headed person and maybe he was, but lets not act like bouncers dont act unruledly themselves - anybody whose gone clubbin knows this.

There are anonymous sources but thats just it, their anonymous, they could be anybody. We'll never now for sure what happened.

Proof Shot & Killed

This was a real unfortunate incident. It just happened to be one of those times where someone fucks up for a brief moment and suffers to the max as a result. I would characterize Pac's death as something similar with respects to him beating on Orlando Anderson and Anderson's retaliation which ultimately got him killed.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.