random:

Preach

i can't listen to a single digable planets song. i have to listen to a whole album. as individual tracks, i like very few.

i checked out arrested development for the first time a month or two ago. i was positively surprised.

Preach

i just learnt from a guy i know who's doing speed that a lot of meth heads like to listen to three 6 mafia. i just have to honor that with a lmao.

roaches

Why do you feel Death Certificate doesn't deserve the praise it gets?

That Click album is slept-on, I agree. I'd put Extra Prolific's first album ahead of it in lists of underrated shit, though.

7 Syns

roaches said:
I don't know about all that. Andre's dabbled with jazz, drum and bass, etc.... when has Shock done something outside of the funk?
Yes, his solo from 2 or 3 years ago was a mixture of goodness.

peace.

roaches said:
Why do you feel Death Certificate doesn't deserve the praise it gets?

That Click album is slept-on, I agree. I'd put Extra Prolific's first album ahead of it in lists of underrated shit, though.
Death Certificate is just not that good. I've always tried to just agree with everyone and say it's a 'classic' but it's too boring for me, I only find about 4-5 tracks on there that I can listen to.. I feel it's too scattered around and the beats just don't match the atmosphere I try to get from the album.

I've never seen 'At the speed of life' anywhere until yesterday which amazed me and reminded me that it is such an amazing album. Xzibit's lyrics are def. top notch and the production is put together very well. It's got a good West Coast feeling to it, maybe my all time favorite west coast album.

Preach

Bachaveli said:
I'm afraid Ras Kass won't be the same again.I have a feeling he'll go to G-Unit and he'll change his style and won't bring dope rhymes anymore.
why would you say that?

ras kass always made it his goal to not sound like the typical westcoast rapper.

then again, after all these years of putting in work, the guy must be dying to get paid major.

g-unit destroys everybody that joins it...it's like the dark side... mobb deep's been ruined, MOP's gonna suck even more, and didnt they sign someone else?? kool g rap or something? someone old school.....so..yeah, im worried... i think 50's trying to pull a wu tang, and try to dominate the industry by getting everyone that sells..

Preach

tennis_dog said:
g-unit destroys everybody that joins it...it's like the dark side... mobb deep's been ruined, MOP's gonna suck even more, and didnt they sign someone else?? kool g rap or something? someone old school.....so..yeah, im worried... i think 50's trying to pull a wu tang, and try to dominate the industry by getting everyone that sells..
just out of curiosity, how did wu-tang do that? lol

what's with the "lol"'s?? it's really annoying... its nothing funny...atleast not after this post...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wu_tang

"This was leader RZA's plan from the beginning: to become an empire in the rap industry by saturation of affiliated artists."

does that not mean that RZA built wu-tang to dominate through signing artists? it's obvious he wanted everyone to be selling records, since if they were all affiliated and selling records as well, the money was going nowhere, but into RZA's pockets.... correct me if im wrong, but didnt 50 say he was gonna build an empire? build divisions off of g-unit, like g-unit south and such??? yeah, i thought so..

linx

Staff member
tennis_dog said:
what's with the "lol"'s?? it's really annoying... its nothing funny...atleast not after this post...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wu_tang

"This was leader RZA's plan from the beginning: to become an empire in the rap industry by saturation of affiliated artists."

does that not mean that RZA built wu-tang to dominate through signing artists? it's obvious he wanted everyone to be selling records, since if they were all affiliated and selling records as well, the money was going nowhere, but into RZA's pockets.... correct me if im wrong, but didnt 50 say he was gonna build an empire? build divisions off of g-unit, like g-unit south and such??? yeah, i thought so..
What are you talking about? Rza didn't just decide one day that he was gonna "form" Wu-Tang and he'd get a bunch of people who sell alot of records to join. Wu consists of friends and family and shit. Some of them are related and others were just boys and it all came together. They started to sell alot of records as a group, not as solo artists before. You can't compare what G-Unit is doing to what Wu-Tang is doing (or have done). It makes no fucking sense.

Preach

^^
that was my point

at that, the "lol" was put there to profess my confusion. i think it's funny when i get confused. and there's no need to get sore around the you-know-what over a "lol." the RZA "plan" that is spoken of is more his vision for wu-tang after it was put together, than his actual plan. linx pretty much summed it up. another reason for you not to get mad (in lack of a better term, so no need to reply saying you're not mad) is that you were wrong. i could have corrected you, but i wanted you to explain your logic to me first - it was intriguing. :D

anyway, there's no problem or anything, i didn't want you to bite my hand, i just asked because i wanted to see why you said what you said. hey, maybe i was the one lacking knowledge, i thought.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.