random:

hip hop has been slowly dying the past couple of years....even classic, legendary artists are selling out from their classical style and into the more modern tone of the whole, sex, money and drugs... kool g rap being one of them...

i honestly cant think of a rapper that had all of their albums excellent, and consistent with that quality...

i cant listen to more than 20 minutes of a song that i like just cuz of the beat, so i end up listening to some marley and then going to sleep...thus is the life of my ipod...

2Pax

Dr. Dre is the greatest producer of all time.

B.I.G's flow on 'Notorious Thugs' is one of the greatest demonstration of 'flows' ever.

Lloyd Banks is the best member of G-unit and should leave to pursue a solo career.

Lifestyles of da Poor and Dangerous is a truely slept on album.

Akon is a heavyweight contender for Nate Dogg's 'Greatest hook singer of all time' crown.

Oh and yea, Nas > Jay-Z

My cousin is a huge Pac fan, yet he doesn't listen the Outlawz. He liked the Outlawz when they were rapping with Pac but doesn't like them now. I've tried to get him to listen to them over and over again but he's stubborn and doesn't want to give them a chance. I guess he can't get over the fact that he won't hear 2Pac scream "Westside" on a Outlaw track or something. I feel that if your a true Pac fan, you gotta like the Outlawz, call it wishful thinking but I hear the same struggles from an Outlaw record and from a Pac record.

gobnik said:
My cousin is a huge Pac fan, yet he doesn't listen the Outlawz. He liked the Outlawz when they were rapping with Pac but doesn't like them now. I've tried to get him to listen to them over and over again but he's stubborn and doesn't want to give them a chance. I guess he can't get over the fact that he won't hear 2Pac scream "Westside" on a Outlaw track or something. I feel that if your a true Pac fan, you gotta like the Outlawz, call it wishful thinking but I hear the same struggles from an Outlaw record and from a Pac record.
The Outlawz are shit IMO.

and thats bullshit to be a "real" pac fan you need to like the Outlawz.

linx

Staff member
Yeah, that's pretty funny actually. I love how all Pac fans love the Outlawz too, what the fuck? Then again, they somehow love everyone that Pac worked with and was related to. :laugh:

underground meaning??? when i think underground, i literaly think underground and picture 19 year olds in a basement rapping...

do you just mean rappers that arent on the radio?? non-mainstream rap??? like cormega, kool g rap, etc? cuz i listen to that, and i think cormega is just a whiny pussy....kool g is very good though...got most of his albums...

roaches

i literaly think underground and picture 19 year olds in a basement rapping...
Expand your horizons. The underground describes more than one subgenre of hip-hop. Shit goes from El-P to J-Zone to K-Rino to Zev Love X.

If you like Kool G Rap, I'd recommend checking out Percee P.

Blueprint, El Da Sensei, Lord Jamar (that 5% album was the shit), Copywrite, Aceyalone, Mikah 9, Abstract Rude, RJD2, Louis Logic, El-P (as mentioned), People Under The Stairs...man, so many artists, just go out and pick something up that you never heard of. That's what I did and I found so much good music from a genre I was losing faith in

EDouble

Will suck off black men for a dime
economics of rap

who can explain how E-40's My Ghetto Report Card (had/has hits, released nearly 5 month ago) has sold under 400,000 records

Field Mob's Light Poles and Pine Trees (had/has hits, released early in the summer) has sold under 200,000 records

while Yung Joc's New Joc City is on pace to be Platinum in a couple of months?

Preach

a random hiphop thought?

okay let's see... how about i went to bulgaria and on like the second day i dropped my mp3 player to the floor by accident, and yep, the harddrive said "so long, sucker!"

it's been over a week now and i am desperate for music. that's just one random thought floating on top of my head right now.. :(

W210 said:
Is it just me or has there been no decent rap releases in about 3 years.
Try Bronze Nazareth, Black Market Militia, Scarface presents Product. You can also check Tragedy Khadafi & Cormega...

tennis_dog said:
i think cormega is just a whiny pussy....
Probably because he put so much emotions in it... Maybe because of his flow... :fury: These things distinguished him. Cormega is one of the rawest!

Hi Hater said:
Termanology has the potential to be one of best ever.

Question is, will he reach it?
I doubt despite he's very talented. The rules of today's music market will suppress him. I will be disappointed if this happens to 'Holy resurrection of Pun'...

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.