Nas - Hip-Hop is Dead

anyone got we march as millions, blood diamonds, and talk of ny cdq no tags? wanna add em at the end, also anyone know if theirs gonna be a bonus disc when the cd comes out for best buy or whatever, maybe theres songs gonna come out cdq on them

Nas really brought it. He's hungry. After hearing some of the albums this year, esp. by vets in the rap game, a lot of them aren't hungry anymore. Nas still is. When I heard Mos Def's new one, True Magic, he's not as hungry as he was in Black on Both Sides, which I consider one of the greatest hip-hop albums. He had so much clarity & energy in Black on Both Sides. Mos Def is clearly not as inspired as he once was.

Great to see that Nas is though. And it's not just clarity, it's confidence and his whole outlook. He's not depressed, he's not angry, he's not cocky, he's just sharp, hungry, and inspired.

Him & Jigga should hook up for a full-length album, that would be so good not only for hip-hop, but for a lot of people who have looked up to them as they were growing up. People my age (22) who have outgrown the pop stuff and are into more than the party lifestyle. I would consider this album a classic.

Hip Hop is Dead = Classic 5 Mic Album

I'm 32 yrs old and have been listening to hip hop since it began. The first album I fell in love with was Criminal Minded by KRS. When I first heard this new Nas last Friday I couldn't believe what I was listening to. I asked myself "This album can't be this dope!!" but then after my 6th listen it was clear that this album was somewhat evolutionary as compared to previous Nas LP's. Illmatic was perfect!! Stillmatic reminded fools that Nas is still that dude. Hip Hop is Dead is a wake up call to the industry to stop the bullshit. Basically, Nas is saying "Remember when Hip Hop sounded like this?" Or "Remember when artists rhymed with creativity and intelligence and didn't focus on who had the most Coke/Crack, Ammo, or Jewels"

I was feeling the earlier post about the new Mos Def, I can't say that I hate the album. But this grass roots Tracy Chapmanesque kick that Mos is on is atleast trying to be different. Black on Both Sides was a MF'n classic!!! I have been jonesin to hear another Mos Def album on par with BOBS but it doesn't look like that is gonna happen. I plan on buying Hip Hop is Dead on it's release date so Nas can get the soundscan. That's the least I can do after a brother dropped such a headknocker.

In closing, Thanks Nas!

xxx

so what's the real chorus on HipHop is dead? Sounds like it got changed, i was hoping it was the original "murder the dj" was left on... i love it...

xxx said:
so what's the real chorus on HipHop is dead? Sounds like it got changed, i was hoping it was the original "murder the dj" was left on... i love it...
seems he changed it 4 tha retail.... anyways the album is hot. he talks a bout a lot of issues with hip hop... im sick of hearing jezzy and other pop acts on the radio. maybe they will relize hip hop is dead and some good artists will start getting air time

album 4/5

Jeezy stated "Hip Hop is Alive, if Nas has a problem with that, tell em to get at me"

I think Weezy had a issue with it aswell.

And Hot Rod has a song over the beat saying hiphop is alive

hiphop is alive is what i say//
cause we do what we love to do and get paid//
so i goto the club and thank the dj//

:confused:

Who is this LES producer anyway? The beats he did for Money Over Bullshit and Black Republican are awesome. Anyone know any other songs he has produced before this? Thanks.

Ohhhhh shiiiiiiittttt! I can't believe this! Album is in repeat since early in the morning. This fuccin album is hot to death! 4.5 out of 5 anyday, in every way possible!

Aristotle said:
Sorry but haha.

He is Nas' producer pretty much, he has produced a lot of songs.
Yeh I've seen a list now of all the ones he's done. I don't normally pay much attention to who produces Nas' songs as with him it's more to do with his rhymes, unlike most wack rappers who rely on producers with big names to sell their albums. Anyway, I'll be buying this album tomorrow. The first album I will have bought for years. Something worth buying and supporting for once.

on friday i was at future shop and they had copys of HHID on a cart that stocks the shelves. so i grabed a copy off it and when't straight to the cash hoping i could buy it 4 days before it was actually released. but when the cashier scand it it said on her screen that she couldn't sell it untill the 19th,she was confused and of course i was acting like i didn't understand what was going on. so she call her sales manager and he basically said he couldn't sell it untill the 19th. but he thought i got it from the shelve,i never told him i grabbed it from a stocking cart. so he ended up giving me 5$ off the cd.
so i'll go cop it tomorrow with my discount...lol

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.