Lox HOT97 interview (heated) Puffy calls in

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
Puffy is a snake, we said it from day one! Day fucking one.

Fuck Puffy. Sure its business, but there is such a thing as business ethics, and I got more ethics in my pinky finger than Puff got in his whole soul.

Fuck Puffy.

LAZARU$ said:
:thumb:
them niggaz is to the line,you lil kids ned not speak on a situation you ain't even in :thumb:
Yo homes, do you know how ignorant you sound? You say he shouldn't speak on a situation he isn't in. The things that go on in Rap don't involve us directly. So if that's the case, there is no point in this forum - or any forum - because none of these "situations" involve us.:rolleyes:

Anyways, why are they speaking about shit that happened over 5 years ago? If they wanted to air Diddy out, they should've did this when they first was released from Bad Boy.

Bobby Sands

Tough shit,its there own fault for signin wit Bad Boy in the first place.People really shouldve listened to 2Pac cos he was speakin the real about BIG,Puffy and Bad Boy back in 96.This is more proof that he was right.

One thing I just cant understand from Puffy in this situation is why the fuck out of all the businesses he owns and the millions he makes from clothing/restaurants why the hell cant he just give a small group of rappers their publishing back? Sorry but I just cant understand that...for the good of 3 good rappers careers, is it really too much to ask?....also its not as if they sell huge numbers either they sell bout a mill every album or so if im correct(which would be loose change in puffy's pocket).

I never liked puffy, always thought he was a greedy heartless prick from day 1

you say it like its a positive thing.???????
its one of the reasons why this world is a fucked place with people like that
ye man i agree people like that have fucked up the world. so much greed.
People really shouldve listened to 2Pac cos he was speakin the real about BIG,Puffy and Bad Boy back in 96.This is more proof that he was right.
fuck puffy, pac was ryte to say all the shit about badboy back in 96.

Okay just listened to it in full. In all fairness Puffy is well in the wrong with the publishing issue, given that he has more money than davy crockett. If your gunna hit up on air though you gotta stop sounding so immature, I mean all this about 7th and 8th lawyers and talk about killing is laughable. LOX know Puffy is a business man and hes out for himself, he could argue he owns the royalties because of helping them in the game. Either way its gunna be an interesting one to follow.

Onion Juice said:
How exactly are they "exposing" Diddy? They're really exposing how big of cry-babies are can be. As much as I like the Lox, they sound real ignorant in all this, talkin about their on their 7th or 8th lawyer. LOL! - you'd they'd get the picture by now. They signed a contract, and regardless of however else Puffy is making his money, they cant just expect him to give them their publishing.

Diddy may be shady and a snake, but in this situation, it aint about him being a snake cause its just business. This is the music industry, everybody's gonna be greedy.
You must not have listened to the interview at all. How would you feel if somebody made money off everything that you made. Kiss didn't sound like he was crying he was just frustrated. You would be too, but then too it takes a clown to post something like this!(referring to you)

Jmall2000-Forever said:
You must not have listened to the interview at all. How would you feel if somebody made money off everything that you made. Kiss didn't sound like he was crying he was just frustrated. You would be too, but then too it takes a clown to post something like this!(referring to you)
Chill with all that bullshit, kid. You know what the problem is? Some of ya'll sound like y'all are taking these niggaz situation and making it like its their own problem and lashin out on muthafuckas like me - now you tell me whose really a clown. Yes, if I was in their position I would be upset, but I wouldnt go on the radio act like a hoe about it...BUT we're NOT in their situation so relax. And man, I aint stupid, I know they REALLY crying, that was just an expression - how long have been on this planet? LOL!

Dont get it twisted, lil man, I aint defending Puff, yeah he's as crooked as they come for sure, but like I said earlier, at the end of the day its all about business, its about whats in writing, it dont matter what Puffy told them about righting some wrongs; a contract is all thats gonna matter legally. And they say their on their 7th or 8th lawyer? - thats why they sound like "cry-babies". And according to Styles, when Puffy told them about righting some wrongs, he meant getting them back on Bad Boy, not handing over their publishing.

And whats else is there to "expose" about Puffy that we dont already know? Yeah, Puffy gets over on artists but he does it legally...and if its legal, what go is gettin on the radio to complain and make lil threats to Puff going to do? Another reason why they sound like "cry-babies." Talkin about what his security cant prevent and refrigators fallin off of skyscrapers on the radio??? If D-Block are supposed to be gangstas or street niggaz or whatever, then why not just do that without tellin all of NY?

And Ive listened to the interview and from I understand, it almost sounds like they want a handout, like Puffy should just give them their publishing for free just simply cause their just a small group and he's making money doin all of this other stuff - just think about that for minute. Yeah, it would like a fair thing to do, but are they serious??? This is the greedy music business - thats kinda shit that label execs laugh at. Another reason why they sound like "cry-babies".

To be honest, some of y'all sound like them kids that was jumpin all on the internet sayin "Cease snitched on Kim, Cease should've pleaded the fifth!" - its like y'all pleading the 5th on knowledge.

Four Bars said:
Okay just listened to it in full. In all fairness Puffy is well in the wrong with the publishing issue, given that he has more money than davy crockett. If your gunna hit up on air though you gotta stop sounding so immature, I mean all this about 7th and 8th lawyers and talk about killing is laughable. LOX know Puffy is a business man and hes out for himself, he could argue he owns the royalties because of helping them in the game. Either way its gunna be an interesting one to follow.
Exactly.

PuffnScruff

Onion Juice said:
Chill with all that bullshit, kid. You know what the problem is? Some of ya'll sound like y'all are taking these niggaz situation and making it like its their own problem and lashin out on muthafuckas like me - now you tell me whose really a clown. Yes, if I was in their position I would be upset, but I wouldnt go on the radio act like a hoe about it...BUT we're NOT in their situation so relax. And man, I aint stupid, I know they REALLY crying, that was just an expression - how long have been on this planet? LOL!

Dont get it twisted, lil man, I aint defending Puff, yeah he's as crooked as they come for sure, but like I said earlier, at the end of the day its all about business, its about whats in writing, it dont matter what Puffy told them about righting some wrongs; a contract is all thats gonna matter legally. And they say their on their 7th or 8th lawyer? - thats why they sound like "cry-babies". And according to Styles, when Puffy told them about righting some wrongs, he meant getting them back on Bad Boy, not handing over their publishing.

And whats else is there to "expose" about Puffy that we dont already know? Yeah, Puffy gets over on artists but he does it legally...and if its legal, what go is gettin on the radio to complain and make lil threats to Puff going to do? Another reason why they sound like "cry-babies." Talkin about what his security cant prevent and refrigators fallin off of skyscrapers on the radio??? If D-Block are supposed to be gangstas or street niggaz or whatever, then why not just do that without tellin all of NY?

And Ive listened to the interview and from I understand, it almost sounds like they want a handout, like Puffy should just give them their publishing for free just simply cause their just a small group and he's making money doin all of this other stuff - just think about that for minute. Yeah, it would like a fair thing to do, but are they serious??? This is the greedy music business - thats kinda shit that label execs laugh at. Another reason why they sound like "cry-babies".

To be honest, some of y'all sound like them kids that was jumpin all on the internet sayin "Cease snitched on Kim, Cease should've pleaded the fifth!" - its like y'all pleading the 5th on knowledge.

:thumb: some people just take things way too seriously when they shouldnt even give a damn.

your right about them wanting a hand out. i want a hand out too. from styles p. i want my money back for that shitty album gangsta and a gentleman.

Puffy just buttfucked the Lox with no vasoline. Puffy is a smart man, ethics wise hes a fag. But you got to give Puffy credit for giving the Lox a break in the rap business. Next time read the fucking contract and dont sign anything unless it is look-through by a lawyer. Any dipship would know. Well the Lox didn't.

As for the proactive skin stuff I believe he got paid 3 million dollars to appear on their infomercials.

puffy = 1 lox = 0

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Too many people on here are interested in image. Puffy doesn't act like a gangsta, so when people like The LOX go against him the side you take is immediately theirs.

OK Puffy may be wrong, ethically, but like someone said the law is on his side. It doesn't matter how tough you are, or you make out to be on the radio and on record, if you are legally protected there isn't shit you can do.

Instead of getting on the radio and bitching, instead of dropping off your label because of jealousy or the fact you feel the artist who sells 10million more copies than you gets treated better, go out get some decent beats, write some decent lyrics, or at least make a club track, and hit them where it hurts. In the money. Take record sales from them, make a success of yourself. Puffy would soon feel ill if they got as big as say, 50 Cent.

You can only negotiate a decent contract once you are a success. All rappers get fucked over on their first contract, the idea is to make yourself a success and get a better second contract.

(Fuck knows what I just wrote)

Big Flipp

Everyone here talks about hustlers and which rappers are hustlers and which arnt and many times base your opinion on the rapper based on that, their image. This just proves Puff is the real hustler. His hustle is the industry and this proves that not many out there can hustle like him. Puff is the real hustler and a gentleman. Well atleast he acted like a gentleman, which is part of his hustle. If you are going to talk shit to puff about this then talk shit about the rappers who made their money hustling in the streets, stealing people's hard earned money and taking money from kids selling drugs.

they played the instrumental to still ballin , and keep ya head up.

Rukas said:
Puffy is a snake, we said it from day one! Day fucking one.

Fuck Puffy. Sure its business, but there is such a thing as business ethics, and I got more ethics in my pinky finger than Puff got in his whole soul.

Fuck Puffy.

Very tru , look at puffs catalog ..... Not one person went right , from 112 to fuckin ma$e.. shyt

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.