Lox HOT97 interview (heated) Puffy calls in

AmerikazMost

PuffnScruff said:
the lox are a bunch of babies. own up to your stupidity.
They did own up to it. They said that it was on themselves first and foremost for signing the contract.
Onion Juice said:
How exactly are they "exposing" Diddy? They're really exposing how big of cry-babies are can be. As much as I like the Lox, they sound real ignorant in all this, talkin about their on their 7th or 8th lawyer. LOL! - you'd they'd get the picture by now. They signed a contract, and regardless of however else Puffy is making his money, they cant just expect him to give them their publishing.

Diddy may be shady and a snake, but in this situation, it aint about him being a snake cause its just business. This is the music industry, everybody's gonna be greedy.
Yeah, but Puffy's the one walking around saying that he feels that he needs to right some wrongs, and that he's willing to talk it over and all that, but he's doing the opposite of what he's saying he's going to do. What is that called again..

I don't understand how y'all can call the LOX crybabies after they put up with it for so many years without saying a damn word about it. How long are you going to let yourself be punched in the face before you punch back? They put up with more than I could've, and now they see their only option is to appeal to the public. You think Puffy's happy about being called a coward in front of all of New York? The LOX are done bluffing. They're going all in and forcing his hand. From my point of view, it was brilliant strategy.

Diddy is a real HUSTLER !!! I mean, what he did to Lox, Ma$e, Shyne, Faith,... was ugly. But think about it, he is a real hustler cause he doesnt give a fuck about these artists. He just wanna make that dollar !! This is the defenition of a hustla (making money over somebody else)

PuffnScruff

its linx! said:
lol @ calling them babys. Put yourself in their position.

oh believe me i would be pissed if i was in their position but the way they were acting is childish.

and lil jm is right. diddy is a hustler, hes a cut throat business man. just like many out there are. i dont like the man, but i can respect him on a few levels, and i do mean few.

AM- i didnt hear that part SP was too busy yelling i think :D

either way that shit funny. fuck the lox, i dont give a fuck about them. all the solo albums they put out are garbage with the exception of maybe 2 tracks.

if i made a dumb ass decision, i wouldnt go around blamming other people for it. i would kick my own ass for it and be a man.

yeah they have gone through a lot of bull shit. but then we come back to whose fault is that? theirs.:thumb:

the lox arent forcing shit. at the end of the day it isnt hip hop. its business. a signed contract is a signed contract. you cant do shit aobut. they should have figured that out after their first lawyer not the 7th or 8th.

this is corporate america, and puffy is a businessman plain and simple. Like many other CEOs, he steps on anyone he can in order to collect another paycheck which is 300 percent more than his employees make.
nothing new about this. just your plain old sociopath crooked wall streeter.

PuffnScruff

jerseymobb said:
i heard jermain dupri called in on the 6:00 hour and said that he would buy out their contracts from interscope and sign them.anyone heard of this?
if thats true then he is a good man for helping out his fellow artists. but i think it would be funny as hell if he screwed them too.

Flipmo

VIP Member
Staff member
lol. That's such a useless interview. Nobody was listening to each other, just yelling.

The whole life treatening thing. Diddy has to money to get them clipped if there was any truth to that.

AmerikazMost said:
They did own up to it. They said that it was on themselves first and foremost for signing the contract.

Yeah, but Puffy's the one walking around saying that he feels that he needs to right some wrongs, and that he's willing to talk it over and all that, but he's doing the opposite of what he's saying he's going to do. What is that called again..

I don't understand how y'all can call the LOX crybabies after they put up with it for so many years without saying a damn word about it. How long are you going to let yourself be punched in the face before you punch back? They put up with more than I could've, and now they see their only option is to appeal to the public. You think Puffy's happy about being called a coward in front of all of New York? The LOX are done bluffing. They're going all in and forcing his hand. From my point of view, it was brilliant strategy.
The Lox need to just let it go cause they aint getting they publishing back especially not from Diddy's greedy ass. He knows the business inside out. It doesnt really matter if Puffy's been sayin one thing to them but doing another cause at the end of the day, its whats in writting that counts the most...and they signed a contract with him - they didnt fullfill that contract to leave his label, so he owns half their publishing. But the bottom line is, getting on the radio complaining about it aint gonna help the situation at all. And do you really think Puffy cares about being called coward in front of NY? He's just gonna go back to counting The Lox's money.

Krazy187 said:
hxxp://media.hot97.com/av/audio/interviews/angie_dblock.wma

there is the full link... my bad on the fuckup b4
Good looks! But c'mon man, you couldn't just finish up the whole interview. I appreciate all what you've done taking the time out to record and then share, but I mean their were supposedly more call ins that I was DYing to hear.!! Supposedly, Mase got on the line. And I wanted to hear the listeners!! Dammit.!.

Lil Jm said:
Diddy is a real HUSTLER !!! I mean, what he did to Lox, Ma$e, Shyne, Faith,... was ugly. But think about it, he is a real hustler cause he doesnt give a fuck about these artists. He just wanna make that dollar !! This is the defenition of a hustla (making money over somebody else)
you say it like its a positive thing.???????
its one of the reasons why this world is a fucked place with people like that

AmerikazMost said:
See, that's the thing. I think he does care. I think his public image is important to him.
...because appearing on Proactive skin care commercial ads is great for your image? He's a fucking joke.

Hes like Denis Rodman minus the attitude, an Oreo cookie, black on the outside white on the inside.

Vote or Die.... :rolleyes: fuck outta here with that gangsta shit

PuffnScruff

Gangsta Team said:
...because appearing on Proactive skin care commercial ads is great for your image? He's a fucking joke.

Hes like Denis Rodman minus the attitude, an Oreo cookie, black on the outside white on the inside.

if someone said they wanted to pay you 50grand to appear in a commercial and say "i need to preserve my sexy" wouldnt you do it? i know i would.

that comment about being an oreo is racist.

Hituup said:
Good looks! But c'mon man, you couldn't just finish up the whole interview. I appreciate all what you've done taking the time out to record and then share, but I mean their were supposedly more call ins that I was DYing to hear.!! Supposedly, Mase got on the line. And I wanted to hear the listeners!! Dammit.!.

r u retarded? look at the url.. the file is from hot 97's website.. i didn't record anything, im just providing the link.

Gangsta Team said:

:thumb:
them niggaz is to the line,you lil kids ned not speak on a situation you ain't even in :thumb:

haha too bad for the lox. as much as i like them, it's a business. don't tell me if you were in puffy's shoes, you'd give the lox their shit back. i know i wouldn't. puff didn't get to where he is now by being nice and brainless. that's now you make it out in the business world. you have to take advantage of the situation. would the lox be in the position they're in if they read over the contract? no. so they only have themselves to blame.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.