Kanye West - Late Registration Discussion

Album is on point...really likin it. Also - Drive Slow, best way to introduce Screw music at a National Level....that last 30 secs.. of the repeated intro sound so goooood....hopin he releases a screwed & chopped version

The Best Tracks (imo the only listenable tracks) were:
Touch The Sky (Classic but not produced by kanye, hehehe)
Roses
Addiction
Hey Mama

This is bad compared to TCD since every single track on that CD sounded fresh and IMO were all classics. Listen to any song on Late Registration and then listen to "Get Em High" on TCD and you will immeadiately notice Kanye's change. Some people say he's matured but to me it just looks like he has become depressed. TCD was a celebration of life and happiness and Kanye was just happy to get his Fame. But this CD is totally different. Some people say it is better but i disagree probibly because I am a very happy person and a WHOLE cd based on depression is not my style.

If you want to compare Kanye with Pac, which i think is a good comparison, you would say that TCD was Kanye's All Eyez On Me, he was fresh ( like he was out on bail), new, different, and happy. This CD can be called Kanye's The Don Killuminati: The 7 Day Theory. It is much darker and some people LOVE it and think that he has "matured", but I think TCD (AEOM) was much better.

Ultimately, I wouldnt dare showing a man ready to kill himself this CD as it would indeed finish the job.
----------------------------
All Eyez On Me: 10/10
The Don Killuminati: 9.8/10
-----
The College Dropout: 10/10
Late Registration: 9.8/10
---------------------------

But I'll still support Kanye as i do Pac and buy his CD even if it isnt as good as i expected (LTTG).

Good Morning and Goodbye,
EriMakaveli

This album is starting to grow on me, but I don't like the recycled verses on Gold Digger (18 Years from Def Poetry) and Bring Me Down (Wack Niggas). Also, Hey Mama was available long before College Dropout along with tracks like Dream Killers, Home, My Way, Heavy Hitters, Keep The Receipt, The Good The Bad and The Ugly, Wow, Livin' A Movie, Finally Got It Right (now called Whole Life), I Need To Know, Apologize, and many of the songs that ended up on Dropout. Late Registration is a good album and a breath of fresh air compared to shit like Jim Jones, Tony Yayo, Young Jeezy, Mike Jones, Slim Thug, Cassidy, Ying Yang Twins, and all the other bullshit that sells well. Thank god for albums from artists like Royce Da 5'9", Buckshot, and Sean Price this year. I am really looking forward to the full versions of AZ and Little Brother too.

© said:
surely college dropout would be 2pacalypse, and LR would be stricly?
If thats the case then Kanye is way on the lead compared to pac.

Warning: Any opinions expressed by GITVIHC is solely by GITVIHC and is considered an opinion. No 2pac dickriders will be allowed to respond without an actual responce.

Production Credits

Pittsey said:
Production Credits for "Late Registration"

01."Wake Up Mr. West" contains excerpts from "Someone That I Used To Love" as performed by Natalie Cole. (Produced by Kanye West)
02. "Heard 'Em Say" contains excerpts from "Someone That I Used To Love" as performed by Natalie Cole. (Produced by Kanye West)
03. "Touch The Sky" contains samples from the Curtis Mayfield recording "Move On Up" (Produced by Just Blaze)
04. "Gold Digger" contains samples from the Ray Charles recording of "I Got a Woman" (Produced by Kanye West)
05. "Skit #1"
06. "Drive Slow" contains a sample from a Hank Crawford recording. (Produced by Kanye West)
07. "My Way Home" contains a sample from "Home Is Where The Hatred Is" performed by Gil Scott-Heron. (Produced by Kanye West)
08. "Crack Music" contains a sample of "Since You Came In My Life" as performed by New York Community Choir. (Produced by Kanye West)
09. "Roses" contains a sample of "Rosie" as performed by Bill Withers. (Produced by Kanye West)
10. "Bring Me Down" (Produced by Kanye West)
11. "Addiction" contains elements of "My Funny Valentine" performed by Etta James. (Produced by Kanye West)
12. "Skit #2"
13. "Diamonds From Sierra Leone (Remix)" contains a sample from "Diamonds Are Forever" performed by Shirley Bassey. (Produced by Kanye West)
14. "We Major" contains a sample of the recording "Action" as performed by Orange Crush. (Produced by Kanye West)
15. "Skit #3"
16. "Hey Mama" contains samples from the Donal Leace recording "Today Won't Come Again" (Produced by Kanye West)
17. "Celebration" contains a sample of "Heavenly Dream" performed by the KayGee's. (Produced by Kanye West)
18. "Skit #4"
19. "Gone" contains samples from the Otis Redding "It's Too Late" (Produced by Kanye West)
20. "Diamonds From Sierra Leone" contains a sample of "Diamonds Are Forever" performed by Shirley Bassey. (Produced by Kanye West) (Bonus Track)
21. "Late" (Hidden Track) (Produced by Kanye West)

Only 1 outside producer.

almost every song has a sample, can't kanye be original?

ARon

^^ I knew someone was going to say some stupid as shit like that, and yes Kanye is being original, and if you listened to the album before saying something stupid like that you'd see that most of the samples are voices. But that is besides the point, this thing we call Hip-Hop wouldn't exist without the sample, and it is being original and it is part of this art.

roaches

almost every song has a sample, can't kanye be original?
Please log off, delete any rap mp3s you have off of your hard drive, and donate your hip-hop CDs/tapes/records to your local library or sell them at a used record store. You clearly do not know like hip-hop and should not waste your time with it anymore. Please enjoy your pre-'90s R&B.

ARon

XIAN said:
Aristotle I agree with that but I think Tupac is very much bigger than hip hop, and if he doesn't apppear to be now, he will be in the long run.
If you think that Tupac is bigger than Hip-Hop then i'm guessing you would also agree that T.O is bigger than the Eagles or some shit like that. Truthfully i really can't believe I just read that, please please PLEASE think about what you are saying, HIP-HOP, we are talking HIP-HOP.

Aristotle said:
^^ I knew someone was going to say some stupid as shit like that, and yes Kanye is being original, and if you listened to the album before saying something stupid like that you'd see that most of the samples are voices. But that is besides the point, this thing we call Hip-Hop wouldn't exist without the sample, and it is being original and it is part of this art.

fuck yea...nice to see a JUst Blaze track on there too. :thumb:

Aristotle said:
If you think that Tupac is bigger than Hip-Hop then i'm guessing you would also agree that T.O is bigger than the Eagles or some shit like that. Truthfully i really can't believe I just read that, please please PLEASE think about what you are saying, HIP-HOP, we are talking HIP-HOP.

2pac had the potential to be bigger then hip-hop (a black leader etc.) but then he got involved with Suge and all that dumb shit that was Death Row drama. So I agree with you but I do see what lil homie could have meant

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.