Kanye West - Late Registration Discussion

Casey

Staff member
Late Registration

Havent listened to all of it yet, some of it sounds tight though. We Major is fuckin ILL.

TCD

Late Registration

I've got 5 songs (damn you mods) and it definetely sounds more mature. TCD sounds more bouncy in reflection and from what I've heard NO CHIPMUNKS!!!!!

Late Registration

i like the new kanye, i don't think its better than college drop out but i mean, how are u expected to follow that up??? nonetheless this cd will stay in my rotation for a long while... oh and on the track "Gone" who does he feature? Otis Redding right? which song?

Late Registration

I enjoyed this album more, the production has more soul and i liked how he didnt speed up the samples this time. Roses is my fav track so far, dissapointed Game didnt drop a verse... But the album flows nicely...

ARon

!!! Kanye's Drive Slow Sounds Like... :0

roaches said:
Late Registration is the best-produced hip-hop album since The Cold Vein.
Thats like what, almost 5 years, saying a lot. El-P was amazing on that too. Kanye lives up to it.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Production Credits

Production Credits for "Late Registration"

01."Wake Up Mr. West" contains excerpts from "Someone That I Used To Love" as performed by Natalie Cole. (Produced by Kanye West)
02. "Heard 'Em Say" contains excerpts from "Someone That I Used To Love" as performed by Natalie Cole. (Produced by Kanye West)
03. "Touch The Sky" contains samples from the Curtis Mayfield recording "Move On Up" (Produced by Just Blaze)
04. "Gold Digger" contains samples from the Ray Charles recording of "I Got a Woman" (Produced by Kanye West)
05. "Skit #1"
06. "Drive Slow" contains a sample from a Hank Crawford recording. (Produced by Kanye West)
07. "My Way Home" contains a sample from "Home Is Where The Hatred Is" performed by Gil Scott-Heron. (Produced by Kanye West)
08. "Crack Music" contains a sample of "Since You Came In My Life" as performed by New York Community Choir. (Produced by Kanye West)
09. "Roses" contains a sample of "Rosie" as performed by Bill Withers. (Produced by Kanye West)
10. "Bring Me Down" (Produced by Kanye West)
11. "Addiction" contains elements of "My Funny Valentine" performed by Etta James. (Produced by Kanye West)
12. "Skit #2"
13. "Diamonds From Sierra Leone (Remix)" contains a sample from "Diamonds Are Forever" performed by Shirley Bassey. (Produced by Kanye West)
14. "We Major" contains a sample of the recording "Action" as performed by Orange Crush. (Produced by Kanye West)
15. "Skit #3"
16. "Hey Mama" contains samples from the Donal Leace recording "Today Won't Come Again" (Produced by Kanye West)
17. "Celebration" contains a sample of "Heavenly Dream" performed by the KayGee's. (Produced by Kanye West)
18. "Skit #4"
19. "Gone" contains samples from the Otis Redding "It's Too Late" (Produced by Kanye West)
20. "Diamonds From Sierra Leone" contains a sample of "Diamonds Are Forever" performed by Shirley Bassey. (Produced by Kanye West) (Bonus Track)
21. "Late" (Hidden Track) (Produced by Kanye West)

Only 1 outside producer.

Late Registration

2pacnbiggie said:
College dropout was not a classic at all. Some cheesy/wack rhymes and way too many skits to be a classic
would your hate for jay-z have anything to do with your dissatisfation with kanyes album

It's alright. It's not as good as some people are trying to make it out to be. Both of Kayne's album's try to tug on ones softer side and we all know what kind of effect that can have on the listener. They will parallel his hardships with their own in turn creating a feeling of empathy. They will envision themselves as the down trodden and the album will then inspire them. Kayne is smart for pulling on people's emotions like that. He'll also mix it up with some songs like 'Drive Slow' to add variety.

This album by far doesn't have that 'Big Bang' that other classics have. It takes a while for it to catch on and even longer for those who are not as easily drawn in by Kayne's struggle. The beats are simply OK. Anyone who says otherwise is just sucking his dick. The tracks on 'The Documentary' were alot better produced than these. Kayne chooses to stray from your typical club banger. His beats are simple and meloncholy (sp.) You can tell this from both College Dropout and Late Registration.

All in all it was a decent album but his cockiness and arrogance and fake belief in God still make in a phony SOB.

August 29th out here, :D but heh.. the album seems cool, would of been really hard for him to top that first album but he gave it a good try. "Hey Mama", ive had that song for some months now but still probs one of the best songs on album and that one where h samples Pac a little, think it's called "Drive Slow".

Why does everybody say he sampled Pac?Kanye sampled Hank Crawford's "Wildflower" which was a redone version of the New Birth track by the same title.Johnny J just happened to sample "Wildflower" as well.
Late Registration is a good album, and the production is amazing, and Kanye def. grew up as a lyricist.

Infamous Josedy said:
Why does everybody say he sampled Pac?Kanye sampled Hank Crawford's "Wildflower" which was a redone version of the New Birth track by the same title.Johnny J just happened to sample "Wildflower" as well.
Late Registration is a good album, and the production is amazing, and Kanye def. grew up as a lyricist.
because theyre kids who dont remember that far back.

on topic, i think its great that he made this sort of album, this is what hip hop should be about.

i dont think he ll be as successful tho as theres not alot of booty shaking shit on here........... and u know the 12 year olds cant feast on that. lets just hope he has a loyal fanbase. :thumb:

roaches

College Dropout was corny. It was also extremely overproduced - he made all those ridiculous changes after the advance leaked early to make sure there was a different product, and you can tell it was rushed.

Kanye's still pretty corny, but he's improved a lot on this album.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.