If you think hip-hop is in trouble, go fuck yourself.

DEEJAY* said:
Even the better rappers like Nas and Eminem both released pretty mediocre albums lately.
Actually I think Nas' last effort was quite refreshing. It was a nice retro social commentary which whilst not entirely coheasive or original would have made a solid single disc. How many other rappers do you know who dropped a lead single featuring their father?

ARon

The Rap industry is being raped plain and simple. Im ok wiht Lil John and Usher yellin YEAHHHHH, i like to dance and go to clubs, good. Im ok with Nelly puttin his city on the map with decent music. Pretty much, im ok with any rapper. What im not ok with is the rape of all of this. When you go to buy a cd you probably go to a big chain store like, best buy, media play, sam goody, etc. Who has the choice of putting what albums are on those shelves, not us, not me for damn sure (Local mom and pop shops is where it is at, you want something different, you want an alternative, head that way).You see it is bigger than one artist making some song that has no content just a good beat a nice hook and something that will make you move. Remember these "artists" are making HITS, you know, shit that sells. They are in this for a reason, to make money. Rarely we will get an artist who is in it for the art, cus that is what we hear, art. So stop talkin like hip hop is dead, cus in reality it is our fault. We might not be buyin these albums we love to hate but i bet you know someone who is. We make 50 cent and nelly and chingy big, along with a lot of corporate propoganda and "big money moves". But in the end its our own fault, so stop blaming the artists. They are just trying to live the american dream, right?

Im gonna sound like a hypocrit, well i am one. But it is also an artist' fault, the whole dumbing down selling out part, but like i said, they just want money. It is bigger than just the artist though, a lot bigger.

I Think Its Sad That Hip Hop Seems To Be About The Bling Both Dmx And Jay Z Have Said That The Bling Is What Is Destroying Hip Hop. I Just Hope That Myself And Future Mc's Know That There Is More To The Music And Culture Than That Club Shit. Oh Yeah Everybody Wanting Platnuim Albums And Bragging About They Money Is Not Cool. If I Ever Get Paid I Aint Talkin No Shit. I Aint Gonna Have No One Robbin Me For A Million Dollar Chain And Pendent.

it's a fact yo rap fans are stupid..and im cool with all that stupidity around me..because i consider myself smarter than that...and that is why I say we rap fans should stop bitching and enjoy all types of music again...

ARon

one mc on dj said:
it's a fact yo rap fans are stupid..and im cool with all that stupidity around me..because i consider myself smarter than that...and that is why I say we rap fans should stop bitching and enjoy all types of music again...
Exactly.

Since when was rap all about Lyrics. This shit started with beats and making people dance. Hip-hop pretty much started with the DJ, so why we hatin on dj's/producers for doin what they did in the beginning. Yeah i love tight lyrics but fuck, dont be so one minded, hip-hop should of taught you that.

CHUCK2810 said:
I Think Its Sad That Hip Hop Seems To Be About The Bling Both Dmx And Jay Z Have Said That The Bling Is What Is Destroying Hip Hop. I Just Hope That Myself And Future Mc's Know That There Is More To The Music And Culture Than That Club Shit. Oh Yeah Everybody Wanting Platnuim Albums And Bragging About They Money Is Not Cool. If I Ever Get Paid I Aint Talkin No Shit. I Aint Gonna Have No One Robbin Me For A Million Dollar Chain And Pendent.
I Have To Use A Capital At The Start Of Each Word.
And Jay Z Is A Big Fucking Hyprocrite If He Says Bling Is Ruining Hip Hop.

roaches

How did he afford that?
He put out his shit independently and performed live.

If you talk bout mainstream artists now compared to previous years it is clear that there has been a significant drop-off in talent and variety in the rap game.
Yeah, 50 Cent is a lot worse than MC Hammer.

How many other rappers do you know who dropped a lead single featuring their father?
The first single from the album was "Thief's Theme". Common put his father's vocals on a song before Nas did. O.C., Cam'ron, and Xzibit have also put their parents on wax.

I Think Its Sad That Hip Hop Seems To Be About The Bling Both Dmx And Jay Z Have Said That The Bling Is What Is Destroying Hip Hop.
Yeah, hip-hop was better before wack motherfuckers like these guys started destroying it with their materialism:

roaches said:
The first single from the album was "Thief's Theme". Common put his father's vocals on a song before Nas did. O.C., Cam'ron, and Xzibit have also put their parents on wax.
1. In the UK "Bridging The Gap" was the lead single so forgive for not stating my location so you can take into account my geographical context.
2. I never said an artist hadn't put their parents on wax before - did I? Go back and read it. I think you'll find the Common, O.C, Cam'ron and XZibit tracks your talking about where never released as SINGLE.

roaches

I know what you said, but I also know how other people might take it, and wanted to clarify for their sake. These kids' parents voted for George W. Bush, can't take too many precuations when trying to tell them something.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.