Guess how much 50 made last year?

EDouble

Will suck off black men for a dime
Pittsey said:
The drop in record sales isn't due to a less product. It's due to a whole lot more people having access to a decent internet connection and peer-2-peer networks.
@ least in america, i know that 50s popularity music wise went hella down between get rich & massacre.

'whole lot more' havin access to good internet? no. most people that love 50s shit buys it at stores its consistently the same people that download, imo

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
EDouble said:

I agree. Just becuase I don't buy Nellys albums doesn't make it bad.
It is good music.

EDouble said:
@ least in america, i know that 50s popularity music wise went hella down between get rich & massacre.

'whole lot more' havin access to good internet? no. most people that love 50s shit buys it at stores its consistently the same people that download, imo
But a lot of people who weren't fans of fifty cent would have bought it before, so they could hear it. (some just to hate). But now they just download it, and then decide it's shit.

All sales have gone down. Not just 50 Cents. But I guess he has also lost a few fans through his party music. But I guess he's probably picked up some new 1's along the way. Especially the casual rap listener and the pop music fans.

SiGh

Who's there?
Staff member
i didnt read all the posts n etc..but what HE got personally was 50 million in paychecks last year. his company may have made alot of money n etc..but wat went in his pocket is 50millz.

and yes i kno there is a lot of plus to that number..but thats whats out by paper and by him in an interview

Pittsey said:
The drop in record sales isn't due to a less product. It's due to a whole lot more people having access to a decent internet connection and peer-2-peer networks.

Part of his sales are his image, agreed. Kids like thinking they are cool because they buy a "thugs" cd's. But part of Rolling Stones sales were because of their image. Mick got arrested for pot!! :eek:
You can't say 50 has "no talent". He has talent. Anyone who says he is talentless just because they don't like him is (quoting MJ) ignorant.

I'd say to most hip-hop heads (and wannabes) he is transparent as a rapper, and we are fed up with his club songs, merely created for mainstream chart success. But it's a business and 50 is a business man. The only reason for business is money. 50 has never claimed to love hip-hop or to want to preserve it. You may not agree, but you have to respect his position. He will be remembered as a legend of hip-hop, although not for his music. His name will be mentioned with all those that are reverred now. Shit I don't like Jay-Z's music, but I can see why people call him a legend.

I loved several tracks off Power of a Dollar, I loved Realest Killaz and Realest Niggas when I heard them. I thought Massacre and GRODT were on par with each other. I prefered the bonus tracks on GRODT to any of the other tracks on either album.

But... If I want to listen to something intellectual, something I consider real hip-hop music I don't pick a 50 Cent track. I appreciate the product 50 puts out. I respect and recognise his success. But even though I don't consider his albums to be true to hip-hop.... I don't hate.
hold up hold ur gettin me wrong now, my point was that although he makes 'decent' music he doesnt sell strictly off the back of that, he sells alot more due to his image and marketing, basically what im sayin is if he didnt have so much promotion/marketing and controversial publicity then i think gold would be a reach for him. im not sayin he wouldnt sell anythin but even an idiot can see that his image makes him popular.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
sniper said:
hold up hold ur gettin me wrong now, my point was that although he makes 'decent' music he doesnt sell strictly off the back of that, he sells alot more due to his image and marketing, basically what im sayin is if he didnt have so much promotion/marketing and controversial publicity then i think gold would be a reach for him. im not sayin he wouldnt sell anythin but even an idiot can see that his image makes him popular.

I don't belive his image would cost him 3 million sales.
But less marketing/promotion on the other hand may.

Duke

Staff member
sniper said:
are you sure ? lets see...... get rich or die trying = 11 million....
the massacre = 7.2 million, some ppl get so caught up in the image that they automatically accept the music as good, so theres not a 'disliked the product' argument thats valid for that. shit everyone knows that his first cd for shady aftermath was a big cd, no one can say it wasnt hot, but r u tellin me that he doesnt sell more because of his controversiality ? take away his image and put just his music out there, how much would you expect him to sell ?
Of course his image makes him sell more. I never disputed that. But he sells so much, it can not be image alone. Most people buy it because they like it, not to feel hardcore. So you can safely say he makes good music. There's a lot of people out there that genuinely enjoy. Just because we on PB don't doesn't make him a bad musician.

And yes, Nelly makes good music too.

"Good music" is a very broad term. The closest you can get defining it is how many people like it over the whole. And even then, it's a faulty definition. Because Ras Kass didn't sell much doesn't mean he made bad music. And just because artist X sold 50 million records doesn't necessarily mean he'll always make good music.

take away his image and put just his music out there, how much would you expect him to sell
Good question. Depends. Take away his image he wouldn't be known so well. That would make him sell less. Doesn't make his music bad, though.

If he would make a seriously bad record now, his sales would dwindle.

50 is a combination of good, easy listening rap music and image. Not one or the other. And for the succes formula both factors are equally important.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
sniper said:
:laugh: what does his marketing team promote? his image.;)

lol

I agree with 50 has a great marketing team. You always know he has an album or a single out. There's interviews on TV and Radio. Singles are played every 29 seconds. There is ads in every magazine and on billboards.

When Masta Ace or someone has an album out, how do I know? A tiny ad in a hip-hop magazine or on a website like this.

They could sell a million albums if he looked Steve Erkal. But not if the music was shit.

k69atie said:
has anyone seen his movie?

i wonder how much he will make from that

Yeah it wasn't very good. But not like most of the reviews I've read. I think the story was pretty shit, needed better writing. Directing wasn't excellent like I've read, it was all pretty monotonous and wishy washy. 50 wasn't a shit actor, just his usual self. And I also read Ashley "Asher D" Walters was good!! He only said about 8 words. I think reviewers like fans, love to hate.

My biggest gripe was the soundtrack. I wanted to hear the tracks that blew him up. Tracks from that time. The tracks that made everyone listen for 50 Cent. Not the shit like Window Shopper and Hustlers ambition. That stuff is garbage.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.