Guess how much 50 made last year?

FlipMo said:
Do you know why Big CEO's and people who make alot of money actually stay in the business and don't retire right away? The power. They love the power and the feeling of being in control. That's what 50 is doing now. Not saying he should be, but man has enough power at the moment. I think that was the estimate of what he made this year. You can probably see it in Forbes.
your being real guallable.it's his net worth not cold hard cash.you forget about taxes,lawyers,advertisement,security blah blah blah etc. It's like winning a million from survior.you ain't really getting a million.jay just now made president of defjam,i mean come on man .don't get me wrong he's rich but as of concurrent i think it's jay puffy or russell simmons is the top earner in the rap game.im not sure which one it is.

prince mack said:
he made 75 mill true,but that aint liquid.He probably only got 10 mill.

and 50 blew up because of in da club.Like game said,it wasn't 50,it was dre.Anyone coulda spit on that beat and became 50.Too bad D12 didnt use it and gave the beat to 50 LOL
bout time someone with some sense:thumb:

MATW95 said:
I doubt 50 would have ever gotten such a huge deal had he not been marketable, and getting shot makes you marketable beyond all belief (see Game compared to Budden or Yuk, even though I enjoy Game's shit). So in a sense, the getting shot part of it got him a lot more publicity than somebody like Budden who made an equally solid album in the same year. Don't you remember the All Eyes on 50 Cent when they spent all that time talking about "You're kinda like Pac because you got shot....Does your son ask you why you got shot?.....What's it like getting shot?...." Please man, don't tell me that the fact he got shot didn't contribute to his fame and fortune.
I'm quite sure that 50's incident added more ways to gather publicity, but to say that is the only reason why he blew up is BS, which was what the other guy was implying.

And about the comment of the artists, with Budden, it does not matter whether he's been shot or not. He's on Def Jam. Bring him over to Aftermath and I bet that would change real quick. Another part of 50's success was that he knew how to bring somethin' different to the table. He was/ is a writer to the likes that we haven't seen in a minute. Like I said before, I don't like his music as much as I used to, but even I will admit that his songs are catchy as fuck.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
prince mack said:
he made 75 mill true,but that aint liquid.He probably only got 10 mill.

and 50 blew up because of in da club.Like game said,it wasn't 50,it was dre.Anyone coulda spit on that beat and became 50.Too bad D12 didnt use it and gave the beat to 50 LOL

I bet he saw more than 10 million. And music is the smallest percentage of 50's empire. If Will Smith gets $30 million just for starring in his films (admitedly they are blockbusters) what will 50 get from his?

And 50 was big before Dre and Eminem. In Da Club was a great breakthrough track, but 50 had done all the work before. Eminem and Dre were desperate to sign him, he was going to be big with or without them (bigger with them). They knew it, he knew it, all the other companies fighting to sign him knew it.

Shot 21

People dont hate because he has this amount of money. People hate because he sold out to earn that money. He used beefs to sell records, sung all his fucking songs despite dissing Ja Rule for doing something not twice as bad as what hes doing now. And fuck it you know the rest I aint gotta go through it. Congratulations on anyone who can make that money. Im happy that his son and the rest of his family never have to worry about money again. But fuck the way he did it.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Shot 21 said:
People dont hate because he has this amount of money. People hate because he sold out to earn that money. He used beefs to sell records, sung all his fucking songs despite dissing Ja Rule for doing something not twice as bad as what hes doing now. And fuck it you know the rest I aint gotta go through it. Congratulations on anyone who can make that money. Im happy that his son and the rest of his family never have to worry about money again. But fuck the way he did it.

I'm not going to defend 50. But can you look at both sides of the coin. 50 didn't do worse than Ja Rule. And who cares if rappers sing... All rappers do it, 2pac done it what's the big deal.

50 Vs Ja Rule is a personal thing. I can see why he done it. I can see why he's hypocrtical. When 2pac is a hypocrite he's a Gemini, when 50 is he's a sell out. we all are at times.

I try not to get involved in the bullshit behind the music. Neither 50 nor Ja Rule make music that touches me. So I have little interest in their lives. However a lot could be learnt from 50's hustle.

I made this thread to see how many "I don't give a fuck aboiut money. If it aint mine who cares" and "Look how he got the money though. Music is more important" replies it would get. I also wanted to see who would needlessly hate. And if anyone would love him and defend his recent music. But no-one did. Interesting? No. It played out exactly as I thought. Still all discussion is good? No?

Pittsey said:
No he can't.

Didn't make Rakim an album did he.

50 has talent. 50 made good music. Can you not see that?
The "good music" is a different matter then talent. Obviously he has talent because he can rap, but imo he doesn't make good music.

i'm waitin on pittsey to call me a hater because i disagree with your opinion of 50

saltynuts said:
whatever he wants to do. it's his money.
The government collects billions of dollars in taxes. Why should they give money to poor people? It's their money.

There is a certain point where you just have so much fucking money, and you need to start helping the needy. I'm not talking about broke-ass rappers in need of a record deal, I'm talking about the poor and homeless in need of a meal. It's the right thing to do.

DeeezNuuuts83 said:
The government collects billions of dollars in taxes. Why should they give money to poor people? It's their money.

There is a certain point where you just have so much fucking money, and you need to start helping the needy. I'm not talking about broke-ass rappers in need of a record deal, I'm talking about the poor and homeless in need of a meal. It's the right thing to do.
correct me if im wrong didnt they set up a charity or give money to the needy a few months ago.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.