Guess how much 50 made last year?

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
DUB CEE said:
The "good music" is a different matter then talent. Obviously he has talent because he can rap, but imo he doesn't make good music.

i'm waitin on pittsey to call me a hater because i disagree with your opinion of 50
He makes better music than you.

He made good music. I remember everyone riding 50 back in the POD and GRODT days. When Realest Niggaz was in the clubs everyone loved the new rapper from the streets. Now he's the mainstream fake gangsta.

I hate dick riders and haters. Just take it as it is. If you don't like it fine, but you people just follow what is cool. (Not aimed at anyone inparticular. Especially the fake thug)

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
DUB CEE said:
The "good music" is a different matter then talent. Obviously he has talent because he can rap, but imo he doesn't make good music.

i'm waitin on pittsey to call me a hater because i disagree with your opinion of 50

He made good music. I remember everyone riding 50 back in the POD and GRODT days. When Realest Niggaz was in the clubs everyone loved the new rapper from the streets. Now he's the mainstream fake gangsta.

I hate dick riders and haters. Just take it as it is. If you don't like it fine, but you people just follow what is cool.

RaDeK said:
:laugh: no, dont think i can see that

You obviously didn't listen to 50 back in 2000/2001 then. Because if you did you'd know.

S. Fourteen

DeeezNuuuts83 said:
The government collects billions of dollars in taxes. Why should they give money to poor people? It's their money.

There is a certain point where you just have so much fucking money, and you need to start helping the needy. I'm not talking about broke-ass rappers in need of a record deal, I'm talking about the poor and homeless in need of a meal. It's the right thing to do.
You can't comapre taxes to money that he earned through his business. Taxes are people's money, 50's money is his money.

It is a good thing to give money and help the poor but who says 50 Cent has to do that? Nobody. 50 Cent has the right do whatever he wants to do with the money he earned. 50 Cent doesn't have the right to tell me what to do with my money just like how I don't have the right to tell him.

Shot 21

Pittsey said:

I hate dick riders and haters. Just take it as it is. If you don't like it fine, but you people just follow what is cool. (Not aimed at anyone inparticular. Especially the fake thug)
Nah I think its more like he started off as the underdog and bought out In Da Club. So he was hot back then. The newest freshest thing out. Even I liked him a bit. But then it got to his head we found out what a hyppocritical bitch he was. And he sold out to sell more records. So they wisened up. Well thats the case for me anyway I dont know about anyone else.

You may not like 50's music, but I was listening to the radio today and a whole buncha shitty garbage was playing... it was quite refreshing when a 50 song came on, it sounded alot better then all the other shit that was playin.

ARon

Pittsey said:

You don't think that the music he is making has changed from Power of the Dollar to The Massacre? The content, his attitude, even his flow. It almost pisses me off when people think a rapper receives hate because he blew up, hell no, that is not the case. He is receiving hate because he went from Power of the Dollar to The Massacre. He stopped making music to make music and started making it to make money. That is the problem. Power of the Dollar and Get Rich or Die Tryin are pretty good albums. But you see the decline in what I personally as a fan look for. I dont care about him making 75 million dollars this year, or him goin diamond. I just like to listen to good music, and he is putting it out anymore.

i remember this site was gonna give 50 his own forum lol.that shit was hillarious,peeps was dickriding to the fullest on some"i've been listenonm to 50 cent since he was in highschool".pure comedy

_carmi

me, myself & us
damn. i'd like to be hated and to do bs songs like that to get all that money in my pockets.

oh and i'm not hating on him, he doing his thang and making his money. but he could try and do some good rap, not club songs.

Pittsey said:

Obviously he does doggy I don't rap and don't plan on it.

The thing about good music is all opinionated, one person might think 2Pac is good music and the other will hate his shit. It's opinions.

And the thing about everyone following what is cool isn't really true. I don't follow most shit that goes around on here like that Fort Minor crap and I can't stand the Diplomats :thumb:

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Aristotle said:
You don't think that the music he is making has changed from Power of the Dollar to The Massacre? The content, his attitude, even his flow. It almost pisses me off when people think a rapper receives hate because he blew up, hell no, that is not the case. He is receiving hate because he went from Power of the Dollar to The Massacre. He stopped making music to make music and started making it to make money. That is the problem. Power of the Dollar and Get Rich or Die Tryin are pretty good albums. But you see the decline in what I personally as a fan look for. I dont care about him making 75 million dollars this year, or him goin diamond. I just like to listen to good music, and he is putting it out anymore.

Yeah I agree. I don't like his new music. I didn't thin GRODT trying was that great. I think it was on par with Massacre. GRODT SDTRK now that is a poor album.

People are saying 50 has always been shit that isn't the case. And he isn't as shit as people are saying now. He has talent, he makes catchy songs. People need to give balalnced opinions. It'd be like someone saying Hustlers Ambition is a good track, which obviously it is far from. People either hate or love, I'm looking for balance.

LAZARU$ said:
i remember this site was gonna give 50 his own forum lol.that shit was hillarious,peeps was dickriding to the fullest on some"i've been listenonm to 50 cent since he was in highschool".pure comedy

He did get his own forum. It was a G-unit forum. It was because everyone was chatting about 50, and it was ALL POSITIVE. He needed his own forum so that it kept that shit seperate.

Like you said there was tons of dickriders. As many then as there is haters now.

shinehigh

Shine High 4 Life
I am just curious all this money 50 made ... how much did the rest of g-unit make last year ... ***PICTURES IT*** All of g-unit crying to 50 ... we need more money boss ... **50** naw ya get too much paper and ya will lose focus ... I need that hunger ... hmmmmm Is 50 a good business man or a good master??????

Duke

Staff member
50 makes good music. That's why he sells so much. You can't sell so much by selling crap. One may think he makes crap from a hiphop standpoint, as do I really, but when so many people like it, it's good music on the whole.

The people that comprise the "general public" may be trendhoppers but they aren't brainless.

Duke said:
50 makes good music. That's why he sells so much. You can't sell so much by selling crap. One may think he makes crap from a hiphop standpoint, as do I really, but when so many people like it, it's good music on the whole.

The people that comprise the "general public" may be trendhoppers but they aren't brainless.
its called image.

_carmi

me, myself & us
sniper said:
its called image.
:thumb:

50 has media coverage. he has an image that attract people to buy his stuff. but technically his songs are club songs, not rap. the guy does have talent. back in the days when he wasnt popular he had good tracks. i'm talking about the power of the dollar time (or whatever was it called) now nowadays he only makes songs that are pop-ish or club-ish. from a rap perspective he does not have talent. from a pop perspective he does have talent.

anyways he did his thang, got his money. i dont see why he would change since its working for him.

Duke

Staff member
sniper said:
its called image.
People don't buy on image alone. Maybe once, not twice if they disliked the product.

You can not succesfully sell a bad product over and over and over to millions of people. That is simple economics.

Even humans aren't stupid enough for that.

The general definition of good music won't be what i, you or Bruce Willis thinks about it, but how it appeals to the general public. If tonnes of people buy it, it must be good somewhere.

Duke said:
50 makes good music. That's why he sells so much. You can't sell so much by selling crap.
Nelly sells a lot, does he make good music? No.

Sure, you can sell plenty making crap, like sniper said, its image.

Duke said:
People don't buy on image alone. Maybe once, not twice if they disliked the product.

You can not succesfully sell a bad product over and over and over to millions of people. That is simple economics.

Even humans aren't stupid enough for that.

The general definition of good music won't be what i, you or Bruce Willis thinks about it, but how it appeals to the general public. If tonnes of people buy it, it must be good somewhere.
are you sure ? lets see...... get rich or die trying = 11 million....
the massacre = 7.2 million, some ppl get so caught up in the image that they automatically accept the music as good, so theres not a 'disliked the product' argument thats valid for that. shit everyone knows that his first cd for shady aftermath was a big cd, no one can say it wasnt hot, but r u tellin me that he doesnt sell more because of his controversiality ? take away his image and put just his music out there, how much would you expect him to sell ?

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
sniper said:
are you sure ? lets see...... get rich or die trying = 11 million....
the massacre = 7.2 million, some ppl get so caught up in the image that they automatically accept the music as good, so theres not a 'disliked the product' argument thats valid for that. shit everyone knows that his first cd for shady aftermath was a big cd, no one can say it wasnt hot, but r u tellin me that he doesnt sell more because of his controversiality ? take away his image and put just his music out there, how much would you expect him to sell ?

The drop in record sales isn't due to a less product. It's due to a whole lot more people having access to a decent internet connection and peer-2-peer networks.

Part of his sales are his image, agreed. Kids like thinking they are cool because they buy a "thugs" cd's. But part of Rolling Stones sales were because of their image. Mick got arrested for pot!! :eek:
You can't say 50 has "no talent". He has talent. Anyone who says he is talentless just because they don't like him is (quoting MJ) ignorant.

I'd say to most hip-hop heads (and wannabes) he is transparent as a rapper, and we are fed up with his club songs, merely created for mainstream chart success. But it's a business and 50 is a business man. The only reason for business is money. 50 has never claimed to love hip-hop or to want to preserve it. You may not agree, but you have to respect his position. He will be remembered as a legend of hip-hop, although not for his music. His name will be mentioned with all those that are reverred now. Shit I don't like Jay-Z's music, but I can see why people call him a legend.

I loved several tracks off Power of a Dollar, I loved Realest Killaz and Realest Niggas when I heard them. I thought Massacre and GRODT were on par with each other. I prefered the bonus tracks on GRODT to any of the other tracks on either album.

But... If I want to listen to something intellectual, something I consider real hip-hop music I don't pick a 50 Cent track. I appreciate the product 50 puts out. I respect and recognise his success. But even though I don't consider his albums to be true to hip-hop.... I don't hate.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.