Elton John calls Eminem a legend

ARon

Robbo1984 said:
I don't understand why people think Biggie is a legend. Can someone explain to me, why few fans label him a legend, and please tell me, what did he do, while he was here? And don't say, "well he had a classic album" or whatever, because alot of artists do. What did he do for the community? Was he a role model to others? I don't think so. So, can someone explain to me, why that man, deserves to be labelled a legend? It obviously wasn't for his record sales, and I can't see people looking up to him as a, "role model"
Biggie is a role model to every single rapper in NY after his time, he had two classics, an no not a lot of artists do, people just say that when they shouldn't. He was in the streets more than base, after he went platinum, he was still in his community, giving. He will always be remembered by every borough as the greatest, biggie is a legend for hip hop, first rapper to go diamond, he changed the game up, showed us how to make money, dont be a hater.

stefanwzyga

Saaphir said:
That's not a legend,Elton is really gay......I can understand that he's an icon only for gay people but he's not a legend...(no disrespect)
He might be a raging homo! but the dudes a legend, he's the biggest thing to come out of the uk since the beatles an the rolling stones. He sells out stadiums all over the world.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Aristotle said:
Biggie is a role model to every single rapper in NY after his time, he had two classics, an no not a lot of artists do, people just say that when they shouldn't. He was in the streets more than base, after he went platinum, he was still in his community, giving. He will always be remembered by every borough as the greatest, biggie is a legend for hip hop, first rapper to go diamond, he changed the game up, showed us how to make money, dont be a hater.

Life After Death is not a classic album. He was great, and a legend. But that isn't a classic album. Probably because of Puffy's influence, rather than Biggie.

Saaphir said:
That's not a legend,Elton is really gay......I can understand that he's an icon only for gay people but he's not a legend...(no disrespect)

That is 1 of the dumbest comments I've read on here. You're too young to understand the influence Elton John has achieved. And the career he has had. Just because you don't like Pop and Elton isn't cool, doesn't mean he isn't a legend. Elton John is worldwide, and a legend of his generation and his genre. He also has many more straight than queer fans.

OF Course Eminem is considered a legend in this WHITE MANZ WORLD...
But seriously eminem is a great musical artist and his albums just slide off the shelves as fast as they were put on there, but to call him a legend is absolute BS!!
What has he done that makes him a legend.....
Some call him a legend and i respect that
but i call him the white boy that saved Rap....not a Legend..............yet!!!!!!!(hopefully never lol)

R.i.P Tupac <======= The Legend

Aristotle said:

I ain't being a hater. In my opinion, I don't think he should be classed as a legend, because in my opinion. Theres rappers alot better than he was. And I personally think Eminem is 10 times better than Biggie was, even though i'm not a huge Eminem fan ;). But anyway, you'll have a different opinion anyway, so leave it there :).

And I personally didn't like either of them albums. They sucked in my opinion, don't hate, i'm just being honest with what I think :).

_carmi said:
i think eminem is a legend. he's somewhat a role model. did some excellent albums (SSLP, MMLP). he's recognised worldwide. has been for a long time in the rap game. he had an impact too on the rap game.

he is legendary, like it or not. maybe not as legendary as 2pac or biggie, but still he is.

btw, elton john is a legend..

BIG aint a legend witout the beef wit pac

and em is not a legend, coze was is eminems real message ??? nothin important
he have great lyrics, but i think it takes more to be a legend

look at the life of pac, he didnt give a fuck, he made it everyday

eminem this... biggie that ...pac this ... man fuck all that !
speaking of Legendary status in the hiphop world there´s only place for one !

Man Pac is Gold Medal,

then you have Silver Medal: _________

and then you have Bronze Medal : Eminem (ok, u wanted)

fuck man have you haver seen anybody give two gold medals ? there is no 2 champs (fuck jadakiss)

and by way the Hurricane Game is A Legend :D

ARon

After this thread i begin to wonder if fans actually care what rappers have to say, or its ok as long as it sounds good. Rappers are supposed to be the voice of a culture, too bad i can only think of maybe 4 or 5 rappers who still believe that. I truly can't believe that someone would start to say Eminem is a better rapper than BIG, i know this is 2pacboard but hopefully you peole arent too biased to show respect where respect is do. Annoys me what rap and hip hop as a culture is becoming, the pioneers are probably thinking, what the fuck is this shit.
I think its the third quote down in my sig that sums it up best.

Aristotle said:
First,Biggie ain't the greatest

Second,he ain't the first rapper who went diamond(MC Hammer did it before him)

Third,After his first classic debut album,Biggie turned mainstream

Pittsey said:
That is 1 of the dumbest comments I've read on here. You're too young to understand the influence Elton John has achieved. And the career he has had. Just because you don't like Pop and Elton isn't cool, doesn't mean he isn't a legend. Elton John is worldwide, and a legend of his generation and his genre. He also has many more straight than queer fans.
I was joking and I didn't say that I don't love Elton and Pop,he make good music but I don't think he's a legend even though he's great,nobody can deny that.

EDIT: I didn't know that insulting your mother and your ex-girlfriend can make you a legend and a role model for million people...

ARon

Saaphir said:
First,Biggie ain't the greatest

Second,he ain't the first rapper who went diamond(MC Hammer did it before him)

Third,After his first classic debut album,Biggie turned mainstream
First, I didn't say Biggie was the greatest, i said the boroughs think that, if your on the west pac is if your on the east biggie is, simple.

Second, MC Hammer.......Im not even gonna say anything.

Third, what changed in his content from his frist album to his second, nothing. Are you a mainstream hater or something, music is music no matter who you appeal too, but if you cater the music to sell records and so forth then you can hate but you cant hate on biggie for becoming popular and still rapping about the same shit.

Aristotle said:
Third, what changed in his content from his frist album to his second, nothing. Are you a mainstream hater or something, music is music no matter who you appeal too, but if you cater the music to sell records and so forth then you can hate but you cant hate on biggie for becoming popular and still rapping about the same shit.
I don't hate Biggie and I'm not a mainstream hater

Aristotle said:
First, I didn't say Biggie was the greatest, i said the boroughs think that, if your on the west pac is if your on the east biggie is, simple.

Second, MC Hammer.......Im not even gonna say anything.

Yeh, and worldwide, Pac has the bigger popularity by far! At the end of the day, in my eyes, Biggie is no where near the greatest, and shouldn't be ranked even in the top 15 best rappers of all time, my opinion. Love it or hate it, I aint bothered :thumb:.

And it just goes to show, if MC Hammer can go Diamond Platinum, then anyone can :D

ARon

Robbo1984 said:
Yeh, and worldwide, Pac has the bigger popularity by far! At the end of the day, in my eyes, Biggie is no where near the greatest, and shouldn't be ranked even in the top 15 best rappers of all time, my opinion. Love it or hate it, I aint bothered :thumb:.

And it just goes to show, if MC Hammer can go Diamond Platinum, then anyone can :D
What does popularity of tupac have to do with Biggie being a legend or not. What does popularity have to do with anything. I love the in my opinion cop out too, shows you know nothing. Biggie not in the top 15, you cant be serious, i can give a fuck if you like him or not show some respect, quit hating. You cant be serious.

Aristotle said:
What does popularity of tupac have to do with Biggie being a legend or not. What does popularity have to do with anything. I love the in my opinion cop out too, shows you know nothing. Biggie not in the top 15, you cant be serious, i can give a fuck if you like him or not show some respect, quit hating. You cant be serious.

What does popularity of tupac have to do with Biggie being a legend or not
Because you said Biggie was really popular :rolleyes: , and he isn't all that popular, maybe in certain parts, but not everywhere

Show some respect? What? So i'm supposed to say I like him when I don't? I ain't jumping on no band wagon like most people on these boards. I dislike his music, and I do not think he should be rated as a legend, as he didn't do much while he was here. But you know, its all my opinion. I'm not hating, i'm saying what I think, without following others, because you know fully well most do on these boards. So like I said, love it or hate it. :)

Pennypacker how can you say elton aint a legend
he's bigger than MJ.
I say Elton John is not a legend because he's that not big outside of England. He may sell very well outside of England, but would people instantly recognize him outside of his country?

You can't compare him to the Beatles. The Beatles created a cult following. I am not sure if that's supposed to give them a legendary status, but they are considered legends. I am, however, quite uncomfortable with calling them legends because I get the feeling they were more like cult leaders than great musicians. The reason I say this is because people blew out of proportion the meaning of their songs, and they were almost worshipped in a sense.

Take, for example, Charles Manson who slaughtered men and women in the name of the Beatles. Take, for example, the generation where mothers would teach their young babies about The Beatles as if they were characters from a religious story. This is not stuff I am making up.

You can't compare Elton John to Michael Jackson. You could put Michael Jackson behind a shade, and people would recognize him. Michael Jackson was such a large star at his pinacle, he was simply "the coolest man on Earth" and was quickly coined "one of the greatest musicians to ever life." Twenty years later, and with all his problems, he's still be able to maintain his title, King of Pop. For the record, the media lies about where the title came from. He did NOT give himself that title.

I know Elton John has sold a lot, but perhaps this a legend is more than a man that can sell very well. The Back Street Boys sold very well, and so did N-Sync. That does not make them legends.

By the way, I know you were just kidding about the Michael Jackson part.

And Pennypacker, anyway you cut it, Elton John is a legend. The man sells out in the US too you know.
In your part of the world, he is a legend. Come here, and he's really in no one's conversations. Trust me, he's no water-cooler topic, and people are not talking about him during lunch.

stefanwzyga

H.E. Pennypacker said:
I say Elton John is not a legend because he's that not big outside of England. He may sell very well outside of England, but would people instantly recognize him outside of his country?

Your kidding yourself if you dont think eltons massive in europe or america.

You can't compare him to the Beatles. The Beatles created a cult following. I am not sure if that's supposed to give them a legendary status, but they are considered legends. I am, however, quite uncomfortable with calling them legends because I get the feeling they were more like cult leaders than great musicians. The reason I say this is because people blew out of proportion the meaning of their songs, and they were almost worshipped in a sense.

Your not sure if that supposed to give them legendary status :confused: c'mon man the beatles are the greatest band who ever walked the face of the earth! an it aint even close.

Elton was also very close with lennon, lennon loved eltons music.

Take, for example, Charles Manson who slaughtered men and women in the name of the Beatles. Take, for example, the generation where mothers would teach their young babies about The Beatles as if they were characters from a religious story. This is not stuff I am making up.

Yeah i know, the beatles are huge.

You can't compare Elton John to Michael Jackson. You could put Michael Jackson behind a shade, and people would recognize him. Michael Jackson was such a large star at his pinacle, he was simply "the coolest man on Earth" and was quickly coined "one of the greatest musicians to ever life." Twenty years later, and with all his problems, he's still be able to maintain his title, King of Pop. For the record, the media lies about where the title came from. He did NOT give himself that title.

Yeah i was only joking.

I know Elton John has sold a lot, but perhaps this a legend is more than a man that can sell very well. The Back Street Boys sold very well, and so did N-Sync. That does not make them legends.

Elton has sold well for 40 years, an wrote classic songs threw the whole of that time.

By the way, I know you were just kidding about the Michael Jackson part.

:)

In your part of the world, he is a legend. Come here, and he's really in no one's conversations. Trust me, he's no water-cooler topic, and people are not talking about him during lunch.
Well that aint true cuz if it was why do people buy up all his tickets for his concerts ?

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.