Elton John calls Eminem a legend

jasedwads

On probation, please report any break in the guidl
infinite, slim shady and marshall mathers were all good albums, his last bunch of albums have been not as good. I dont think he can be called a ledgend yet, i truely believe he has to do other things and go that little bit further. And this thread is not about any other rapper, its about eminem, he has a creative spark, and he will be remembered for a long time. Wether your a fan or not , thats the truth.

Originally Posted by Vienna
the term legend shouldnt be spread around so quick

there can also only be one, or at least a few legends... and if u make eminem a legends, then u are right... a lot of other rappers are legends too
but whats so special about it then??

we all know that "legend" (dictionary or not) is meant for someone who is much better than the rest at what he does and inspires other people with it.... eminem is not much better, 2pac was.

one mc on dj said:
B4 I give my opinion on what you just said I wanna know something..

Why is Eminem not much better? Or should I say why is 2pac much better than every other rapper...
just listen to him man.... his flow, his message, his lyrics, his beats... all are 200 % better than any other artist i've ever seen.

there's just a special feeling u get when 2pac flows....
other rappers cant give u this certain emotion

one mc on dj said:
B4 I give my opinion on what you just said I wanna know something..

Why is Eminem not much better? Or should I say why is 2pac much better than every other rapper...
In my opinion, its because of what 2Pac was. He was a voice to millions worldwide, like Stevie Wonder once said, "I don't think Eminem is as good as late rapper, Tupac Shakur". Eminem is a great rapper, I like alot of his music, which I am not going to deny. But he hasn't got the power Tupac had, and what I mean by that is, Tupac was more than just a rapper, we all knew what plans he wanted, for the future. Tupac was the full artiticle of an artist, not just a rapper. He was down for his people, he was a voice, and wanted to change the world with his messages. He was an inspiration through his words, not just through his songs, but through interviews, and when he talked with such a positive attitude. At the end of the day, Eminem is a Rap legend, without a doubt, but should never be put up as high as the likes of legends throughout the music industry. But between him and Tupac, there is no comparison to that man, thats how I see it anyway. Yeh, talk about rap legends etc etc, but Elton was talking about Eminem being amongst the greats, like Jimmy Hendrix, Stevie Wonder, all those, Michael Jackson. My answer to that is simply, no.

Vienna said:
Originally Posted by Vienna
the term legend shouldnt be spread around so quick

there can also only be one, or at least a few legends... and if u make eminem a legends, then u are right... a lot of other rappers are legends too
but whats so special about it then??

we all know that "legend" (dictionary or not) is meant for someone who is much better than the rest at what he does and inspires other people with it.... eminem is not much better, 2pac was.

just listen to him man.... his flow, his message, his lyrics, his beats... all are 200 % better than any other artist i've ever seen.

there's just a special feeling u get when 2pac flows....
other rappers cant give u this certain emotion

That is your opinion..because you think pac is 200 % better than any other rapper YOU have ever seen does that mean he is really a legend? I mean others may have heard many more rappers than you and they don't call the man a legend well some do you know why? Cuz ppl wanna say that artist is better than any other artist......

It's all about taste and in your eyes 2pac is better than any other rapper you have ever heard. You call him a legend cuz you you think he is better than any other rapper so by using the word legend you put him above any other rapper...Which is only logical cuz you try to make clear that for you..he is the greatest...Using the word legend is just a way of expressing a feeling..it is never objective so it is also automatically never a fact...<<you know what that means? That means Elton John can say what he likes cuz that is his opinion..you can disagree with it..but that's really all you can do..saying 2pac is a legend is not a fact that is an opinion.

Legend goes in the catagory called: Opinion /Taste..

:eek:

Damn had to end it with a cliche<<lmao or however you use that shit haha

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
stefanwzyga said:
James dean is down as a legend an all he done was make a couple of wack movies, so of course eminems a legend.

Death for some reason seems to bring you legendary status.

Is Biggie really a legend? I believe he is. But what did he do to achieve this? He released 2 good albums. Is this enough? No.
He died in strange circumstances, and is linked to 2pac. That's what makes him a legend. Many other rappers deserve legendary status over Biggie.

I find it funny a man can be called a legend when he still has not grabbed the attention of all people, and he's still alive. Elton John is not a legend himself, and he calls Eminem a legend? Elton John may be beloved by English people, but let him leave that country, and make a name for himself elsewhere. When he does that, he'll become a legend.

Eminem has not been in the rap industry for ten years, and he's already called a legend? He will become a legend, but not today. Wait till he retires and has snatched enough awards.

Trust me, he's nowhere close to the love Pac and BIG get. When you get anywhere close to the love they get, you'll become a legend. DRE is a legend cuz he's been such a long time, and he has achieved a legendary career as a producer.

Legacy pretty much comes with the love you get. Eminem has no credibility amongst Hip Hop heads, and his "few" memorable hits won't place him amongst Life After Death, All Eyez On Me (eventhough this is not Pac's best album), Straight Outta Compton, and OGs like Run DMC.

Dave D

Well in order to call someone a legend you must first understand what the word actually means. For those of you who dont, please just go back to using the goat.

he is not a legend. In order to be a legend generations who come after you must talk of you. this is why death may bring legendary status. it is when the people who come after your time or your time at the top and they still talk of you in high regard and status.

ARon

Eminem is a legend in they eyes of the outside world, but not hip hop. Dont you think you have to become a legend, or even get respected in your own niche first.
They throw around the term Legend too much now too, to me being a legend isnt just fame, fuck, people are gonna talk about Bin Laden for years to come but do we really consider him a legend. You have to be remembered for what you did. Whatever it is being done has to be something worthy of being remembered, something good, something groundbreaking, soemthing that changed what you do, not the amount of fame that you can acclaim.
What has Eminem done that is so triumphant. His first album Infintite he doesn't even like cus he said he just biting Illmatic, trying to create another Illmatic, failed miserably if you ask me. He has brought a couple of singles but it is nothing that has changed anything, it is nothing that took hip hop and changed it. Paid In Full is groundbreaking, Marley Marl is groundbreaking, 2pac showing us how you can use this art to touch the heart of millions is groundbreaking.
Eminem is no legend.

I think Eminem has made a profound impact on rap music & Hip Hop as a culture but, similar to what kenny (his new name lol) said, I will reserve judgement for a later date.

And Pennypacker, anyway you cut it, Elton John is a legend. The man sells out in the US too you know.

I do find it funny when those outside Hip Hop deem certain people 'legends'. A radio DJ over here called Lil Kim a 'Hip Hop legend' & while he could be right in some ways, the thought of even sitting her alongside Rakim, Tupac & the other bonafide legends was laughable.

Gloria wagner or some black famous singer and elton john were touring and they hated each other and do you guys know why elton john is fuckin asshole. untalented and egomaniac and lets not forget he fucks guys in the ass. :thumb: :thumb:

GOD what HE has said about eminem being a legend just proves WHO is the BIGGEST DICKRYDER of EMINEM.

Pittsey said:
Death for some reason seems to bring you legendary status.

Is Biggie really a legend? I believe he is. But what did he do to achieve this? He released 2 good albums. Is this enough? No.
He died in strange circumstances, and is linked to 2pac. That's what makes him a legend. Many other rappers deserve legendary status over Biggie.

I agree with that 100% :thumb:

CalcuoCuchicheo said:
I think Eminem has made a profound impact on rap music & Hip Hop as a culture but, similar to what kenny (his new name lol) said, I will reserve judgement for a later date.

And Pennypacker, anyway you cut it, Elton John is a legend. The man sells out in the US too you know.

I do find it funny when those outside Hip Hop deem certain people 'legends'. A radio DJ over here called Lil Kim a 'Hip Hop legend' & while he could be right in some ways, the thought of even sitting her alongside Rakim, Tupac & the other bonafide legends was laughable.
that is 1 cuz the word legend is obviously being used wrong in it's original form..The word legend in hip-hop has a whole other meaning.
.Oh about Eminem being a hip-hop legend...Why not just give him the status/title right now..he is gonna get it newayz... :eek: Talk about following the cool ppl that have an opinion on this board...<<Why can't people admit that he has actually done something good and yeah he makes mistakes too<<that only proves he's human...fucking dummies^

So in my eyes........

The Legendary status in hip-hop has 2 meanings:

1.You are amazing in the eyes of hip-hop fans. Which means you have either dropped a classic or classics and that's how you get love from all sorts of fans. Keyword is amazing.

2. You been for such a long time in the game ppl automatically give you respect. Meaning ppl call you a legend...But you gotta keep in mind that if you have been in the game for let's say 7-15 years you had a lot of time to drop a classic and it also means you have survived all sorts of trends which means you got a solid fan base that can only grow...So a lot of ppl will call you a legend or goat...

CalcuoCuchicheo said:

I do find it funny when those outside Hip Hop deem certain people 'legends'. A radio DJ over here called Lil Kim a 'Hip Hop legend' & while he could be right in some ways, the thought of even sitting her alongside Rakim, Tupac & the other bonafide legends was laughable.[/QUOTE]

That goes the same for eminem too.

stefanwzyga said:
Pennypacker how can you say elton aint a legend :confused: he's bigger than MJ. :D :D :D
That's not a legend,Elton is really gay......I can understand that he's an icon only for gay people but he's not a legend...(no disrespect)

ARon

one mc on dj said:
The Legendary status in hip-hop has 2 meanings:

1.You are amazing in the eyes of hip-hop fans. Which means you have either dropped a classic or classics and that's how you get love from all sorts of fans. Keyword is amazing.

2. You been for such a long time in the game ppl automatically give you respect. Meaning ppl call you a legend...But you gotta keep in mind that if you have been in the game for let's say 7-15 years you had a lot of time to drop a classic and it also means you have survived all sorts of trends which means you got a solid fan base that can only grow...So a lot of ppl will call you a legend or goat...
1. Eminem isn't amazing in the eyes of HIP HOP fans, he is amazing in the eyes, of well, you know who. What calssics has he dropped, talk about overrating the guy, he has no classic under his belt, people throw that term around more than legend.

2. He has been in the game a long time and people don't even give him respect, not in Hip Hop, they respect his business, the only people claiming he is some musical phenom is Elton John, ROlling Stone and so forth, the outside looking in. The only reason people dont want to say anything is becuase they are not dumb. They get the pop fans on their side then they got millions, so why would you dis an idol in the eyes of TRL and so forth.
Eminem is a pop legend not a rap legend, if anything.

_carmi

me, myself & us
i think eminem is a legend. he's somewhat a role model. did some excellent albums (SSLP, MMLP). he's recognised worldwide. has been for a long time in the rap game. he had an impact too on the rap game.

he is legendary, like it or not. maybe not as legendary as 2pac or biggie, but still he is.

btw, elton john is a legend..

_carmi said:
i think eminem is a legend. he's somewhat a role model. did some excellent albums (SSLP, MMLP). he's recognised worldwide. has been for a long time in the rap game. he had an impact too on the rap game.

he is legendary, like it or not. maybe not as legendary as 2pac or biggie, but still he is.

btw, elton john is a legend..

I don't understand why people think Biggie is a legend. Can someone explain to me, why few fans label him a legend, and please tell me, what did he do, while he was here? And don't say, "well he had a classic album" or whatever, because alot of artists do. What did he do for the community? Was he a role model to others? I don't think so. So, can someone explain to me, why that man, deserves to be labelled a legend? It obviously wasn't for his record sales, and I can't see people looking up to him as a, "role model".

And he sure as hell didn't have many albums.

So, yeh. If you think he is a legend, then post up your opinions on why you think that is. Because i've seen it alot in this topic.

And yeh, like i've said, in my opinion. Eminem should be rated alot higher than Biggie. But you can't rate Eminem in the same catagories with all time greats, with other legendary musicions out of the rap game, in my opinion.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.