Elton John calls Eminem a legend

tHuG $TyLe

Staff member
MakaveliPrime01 said:
Jay-Z and Snoop Dogg are NOT legends.... SNoop dogg? wtf

I think jay-zs highest claim to fame is that he's boinkin beyonce butt hats about alll hes got on anyone.
Jay-z has had 2 classics: Reasonable Doubt and Blueprint, with a debatable classic being The Black Album.

Dave D said:
Eminem is bigger than 2pac was or is. Im not saying hes better, for all you dickriders.
Everywhere you'll go,go ask people to answer this question:"2pac or Eminem?"And they'll be like:"Nah,Em is a great rapper but Pac will always be the muthaf*cking greatest!"

MakaveliPrime01 said:
Jay-Z and Snoop Dogg are NOT legends.... SNoop dogg? wtf

I think jay-zs highest claim to fame is that he's boinkin beyonce butt hats about alll hes got on anyone.
Snoop has open a lot of doors for hip-hop artists and him & Dre are worldwide famous.

Saaphir said:
Everywhere you'll go,go ask people to answer this question:"2pac or Eminem?"And they'll be like:"Nah,Em is a great rapper but Pac will always be the muthaf*cking greatest!"

Yeh! That's so true! I'm from the UK, and even if you ask females that question, and yeh, they like eminem, but they always say that 2Pac is the best, and always will be.

2pac will always be a legend... i'd love to see a new artist like him or even better, but that hasn't happened yet! Eminem will never reach his status

Saaphir said:
You feel me and I feel you,that's cool :cool: I like you,you know... ;)
lol, you'r insane saaphir, what have u been smoking? :rolleyes:

Missy "C" said:
2pac will always be a legend... i'd love to see a new artist like him or even better, but that hasn't happened yet! Eminem will never reach his status
lol, you'r insane saaphir, what have u been smoking? :rolleyes:
lol,I was kidding,Missy...(I don't smoke and I don't drink)
There will never be an other artist/man/rapper like 2pac.

ARon

Eminem is a legend in the eyes of who?
Not Hip Hop.
It's easy to earn the respect of someone outside of your culture. Do you really think Elton John bothered to pick up the new Tonedeff, or checked out Rakim, maybe he took the time to listen to Illmatic when it dropped, maybe he was bumpin Outkast before Stankonia, Maybe, just maybe, he was listening to Pac before his death. It's easy to think someone is good when you have no idea to what or who your are supposed to compare too. Rolling Stone has already called Eminem the greatest rapper ever, but they don't know rap, they don't live hip hop. It is ignorance to consider Eminem a rap legend, because he raps, and don't you think he should have the respect of the culture that rap comes from in order to be a Rap Legend. Eminem will be fine, business wise, if he sticks to selling out the burbs and white kids.
One more thing, when you think Rap Legend, the first name that should come to every single one of your minds is RAKIM.

Aristotle said:
Eminem is a legend in the eyes of who?
Not Hip Hop.
It's easy to earn the respect of someone outside of your culture. Do you really think Elton John bothered to pick up the new Tonedeff, or checked out Rakim, maybe he took the time to listen to Illmatic when it dropped, maybe he was bumpin Outkast before Stankonia, Maybe, just maybe, he was listening to Pac before his death. It's easy to think someone is good when you have no idea to what or who your are supposed to compare too. Rolling Stone has already called Eminem the greatest rapper ever, but they don't know rap, they don't live hip hop. It is ignorance to consider Eminem a rap legend, because he raps, and don't you think he should have the respect of the culture that rap comes from in order to be a Rap Legend. Eminem will be fine, business wise, if he sticks to selling out the burbs and white kids.
One more thing, when you think Rap Legend, the first name that should come to every single one of your minds is RAKIM.
:thumb: I've forgoten to mention that Ratkim(no diss towards Rakim but he didn't drop any albums since 1999 and nobody knows where is hidden that's why I call him that way,I like Rakim,you know...) was a legend :p

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Right I'm back because of all the dumb posts I have read.

This is the definition of legend from the dictionary, something which you lot don't seem to understand, obviously. Before making a judgement on who is or isn't a legend, please find out what legend means.

Legend - One that inspires legends or achieves legendary fame.

And yes 2pac is a legend. What does 2pac have to do with this thread though?? I thought this thread was about Eminem being a legend. Which according to the definition given by the dictionary, he is.

Snoop Dogg is also easily a legend, as is Dr.Dre. This isn't a popularity contest, just becaue you don't like them, doesn't mean they're not a legend.

And what does being a nice person, having morals, or having a great voice have to do with legendary status. lol

Stop being a hater or a dickryder and just go by facts. According to the dictionary is Eminem a legend?

And Rakim is the King, and one of the most talented MC's ever, but will he go down as a legend? Maybe, maybe not. One thing is for sure Eminem's popularity far outweighs his.

ARon

^^ His popularity outweighs his in the eyes of who, ask yur self that first. The dictionary definition, lmao your a joke, get real. We all know what the fuck we are talking about when we call Marvin Gaye, Stevie Wonder, Sam Cooke, and Ray Charles legends. Eminem is no legend, fantisize all you want but Eminem is no legend, it might happen one day. You can't be serious.

Missy "C" said:
2Pac was a VERY talented rapper, he had an excellent voice and excellent lyrics, in just a few years he was able to write many songs, released lots of great albums, and in that time, he sold more copies than others artist in their whole careers. But what i consider more important is that he could inspire other people through his music, from a certain point of view, his lyrics are real poetry. It's true that he's not an example cuz he made mistakes like every human does, but I think he had values that make him a legend. He wanted his music to be something useful for his people, and for that reason i admire him a lot.
Eminem does the exact same thing so uhmmz I guess in your eyes that makes Eminem a legend too... :eek:

BUt didn't you just say he wasn't? So does that mean ur definition of a legend is already wrong?<<Which is exactly the problem..

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Aristotle said:
^^ His popularity outweighs his in the eyes of who, ask yur self that first. The dictionary definition, lmao your a joke, get real. We all know what the fuck we are talking about when we call Marvin Gaye, Stevie Wonder, Sam Cooke, and Ray Charles legends. Eminem is no legend, fantisize all you want but Eminem is no legend, it might happen one day. You can't be serious.

Yeah. That makes me a joke.
If we don't go by the dictionary definition, then what definition are we going by? Yours? You are less than a joke.

And I'm not even an Eminem fan. And who mentioned any of those you did? I look through the thread and I haven't seen them mentioned. Or are you generalising again? You're very good at that.

If Eminem isn't a legend, then neither is 2pac.

Pittsey said:
Yeah. That makes me a joke.
If we don't go by the dictionary definition, then what definition are we going by? Yours? You are less than a joke.

And I'm not even an Eminem fan. And who mentioned any of those you did? I look through the thread and I haven't seen them mentioned. Or are you generalising again? You're very good at that.

If Eminem isn't a legend, then neither is 2pac.
stop lying.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Silleone said:
stop lying.
lol.

I admit I'm a fan of SSLP and MMLP. 2 great albums.

But I don't like Eminem Show, and Hate Encore.

I just don't hate him cos he's a dork, like everyone else does. They only like cool artists.

Saaphir said:
How the hell could be Eminem a f*cking legend?Jay-Z ain't even considered as a legend by rap listeners yet...What did he acomplished to become a legend?Eminem is a "Hip-pop star" but far away from being legendary...That's the most stupid thing I've heard in a while...
Fastest-Selling Rap Artist
Ahem… May I have your attention please? Here's a little lesson on the real Slim Shady. Born October 17, 1973, in Kansas City, Missouri, Marshall Bruce Mathers III was shuffled in and out of trailer parks as a child before his mother settled in Detroit when he was 12. He wrote his first rap song at 14, and dropped out of high school when he hit the ninth grade. Eminem was discovered by hip-hop legend Dr Dre.

WANT TO KNOW MORE?
In 1997, after rapping in a number of groups, Eminem went solo and released his debut album Infinite. Soon after came the Slim Shady EP and then in 1999, Slim Shady LP hit record stores. In May 2000 The Marshall Mathers LP, sold a staggering 1.76 million US copies in its first week of release, becoming the fastest-selling album by a solo artist.

CHECK THIS OUT…
Australia once told Eminem to stay away! Aussie politicians told the bad boy of rap to take it elsewhere because they claimed his lyrics were way to offensive for their country's kids. However, he managed to make it Down Under in July 2001, and when he said goodbye to Sydney, there were only three fans to wave him off.
He is a Legend !!! The term Legend or Legendary existed before ´Pac was born, he didn´t invent shit !!! of course eminem is on a different page than Tupac or Biggie or Elton !!!

the term legend shouldnt be spread around so quick

there can also only be one, or at least a few legends... and if u make eminem a legends, then u are right... a lot of other rappers are legends too
but whats so special about it then??

we all know that "legend" (dictionary or not) is meant for someone who is much better than the rest at what he does and inspires other people with it.... eminem is not much better, 2pac was.

Vienna said:
the term legend shouldnt be spread around so quick

there can also only be one, or at least a few legends... and if u make eminem a legends, then u are right... a lot of other rappers are legends too
but whats so special about it then??

we all know that "legend" (dictionary or not) is meant for someone who is much better than the rest at what he does and inspires other people with it.... eminem is not much better, 2pac was.
B4 I give my opinion on what you just said I wanna know something..

Why is Eminem not much better? Or should I say why is 2pac much better than every other rapper...

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.