Elton John calls Eminem a legend

Pittsey said:
I'm not arguing as to whether 2pac would've been bigger today or not.
I'm stating what I considor a fact. Who gets more newspaper inches, who gets more press coverage. Or in 2pac's case got.

This is my last post on this, I'll agree to disagree.

Yeh, of course its a fact, and I do agree with you actually. Eminem is a legend, like i said, hes also a role model to alot worldwide, but rap is sooooo big now, that alot of rappers are selling millions and millions, but it wasn't the case a few years ago. Thats how I look at it anyway.

Vienna said:
not true

ask anyone who is EMINEM and more people will say it's candy
say TUPAC and people wont mention the rebel from south america, but the rapper
Lmao is this aban's sister?

Ey vienna how are you ding,what do you think of suge knight and how old are you?

I don't know if eminem is a hip-hop legend...I think he needs to die first b4 he gets major props...

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
one mc on dj said:
Lmao is this aban's sister?

Ey vienna how are you ding,what do you think of suge knight and how old are you?

I don't know if eminem is a hip-hop legend...I think he needs to die first b4 he gets major props...
Nah, she's dutch. Not Aban. Or related (probably).

2pac is a legend, not eminem. We like him or nor, we should recognise that he gets a lot pf press, publicity, and that stuff, and he has good songs, so he's somewhat talented. But that's not enough to be a legend

Missy "C" said:
2pac is a legend, not eminem. We like him or nor, we should recognise that he gets a lot pf press, publicity, and that stuff, and he has good songs, so he's somewhat talented. But that's not enough to be a legend

OK so why do you consider pac a legend?

i heard i couldnt believe it but i saw it on t.v and that he has great intelligence i think he only said that cause em produced lttg and he got a part in it so he's like grateful and shit to em for it...and i remember him hating on em many yrs cause he hates "faggots"and has no respect....

2Pac was a VERY talented rapper, he had an excellent voice and excellent lyrics, in just a few years he was able to write many songs, released lots of great albums, and in that time, he sold more copies than others artist in their whole careers. But what i consider more important is that he could inspire other people through his music, from a certain point of view, his lyrics are real poetry. It's true that he's not an example cuz he made mistakes like every human does, but I think he had values that make him a legend. He wanted his music to be something useful for his people, and for that reason i admire him a lot.

Hell Yes! Elton John's right. Just remember that Eminem did infact put out "Marshall Mathers LP"- classic, Slim Shady lp-classic, eminem show- classic. As long as he doesn't keep releasing encores he's doin pretty good. Even 8 mile was a good cd. I can't name a rapper other than 2pac who has 3 great cd's. Maybe dre will after detox. I think snoop dogg has ONE good cd. Some Nas cd's have great songs, but then they have a bunch of shit songs.. so yes Eminem R legend>:]

Saaphir said:
Scarface & Jay-Z (maybe Snoop Dogg) are the only real living legends I recognize in this rap game...

Jay-Z and Snoop Dogg are NOT legends.... SNoop dogg? wtf

I think jay-zs highest claim to fame is that he's boinkin beyonce butt hats about alll hes got on anyone.

Missy "C" said:
2Pac was a VERY talented rapper, he had an excellent voice and excellent lyrics, in just a few years he was able to write many songs, released lots of great albums, and in that time, he sold more copies than others artist in their whole careers. But what i consider more important is that he could inspire other people through his music, from a certain point of view, his lyrics are real poetry. It's true that he's not an example cuz he made mistakes like every human does, but I think he had values that make him a legend. He wanted his music to be something useful for his people, and for that reason i admire him a lot.
Spot on :thumb:

Don't forget about the amount of films hes been in.

Eminem and Pac are role models to alot of people. But as in Role Model Material, I think 2Pac wins that, hands down! Everyone is acting like Eminem has done so much for the rap industry, or for alot of people. He might be a RAP legend, but in my opinion, he's not a LEGEND throughout the music industry! But thats my opinion. But I do feel that 2Pac is a legend throughout the music industry, because he was a voice to alot of people, he was also an icon, and he stood by his beliefs, and helped alottttttttttt of people through his music, black or white. And I personally feel that is legend material. Its ok to sell loads of records, but who isn't? 50 Cent selling loads, will he be a legend in a few years? You know, you've seriously got to look in to this a bit more, and find the differences, but in any way shape or form, we're all going to have different opinions, and thats what makes it a cool debate, but in my opinion, there will never be another Pac, and I doubt very much anyone will come close to what he has done for alot of people.

Black Activist/Rapper/Actor/Poet/and had the ability to write movie scripts.

Nuff said

Robbo1984 said:
But I do feel that 2Pac is a legend throughout the music industry, because he was a voice to alot of people, he was also an icon, and he stood by his beliefs, and helped alottttttttttt of people through his music, black or white. And I personally feel that is legend material. Its ok to sell loads of records, but who isn't? 50 Cent selling loads, will he be a legend in a few years?
:thumb:
that was exactly what i tried to say, i completely agree with you

MAKaveli_10 said:
2pac has done alot more for hip hop and rap than anybody else. And nobody will ever come close to him, but eminem is alot more known worldwide than 2pac.

I agree with you, but then again, Eminem came as rap began to grow to a bigger population/fan base. I remember quite a while ago, in the UK, when rap wasn't that big, but now, its near enough the only thing hitting the charts, and 2Pac, in them days, still managed to sell millions, and in the UK, he wasn't even selling shit over here, which is pretty good going, when fellow rap artists weren't coming close to him. But I see what your saying :thumb:

I honestly feel legendary status shouldnt be about how many records you sell anyway. I class 2Pac a legend because like i've already said. He opened doors for new rappers to express themselves, without worrying about the images they intend to portray, and of the messages he spoke about, in his lyrics, and his genious story telling, and so much more. :)

Dave D said:
Eminem is bigger than 2pac was or is. Im not saying hes better, for all you dickriders.
I am not a dickrider. I am stating my opinion, and thats all. But I do not think Eminem should be rated as high as the likes of who Elton John mentioned in that statement.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.