Cassidy Wanted For Murder

Rapper Cassidy is wanted in Philadelphia for the murder of a 22-year-old man during an April 15 shooting. A warrant for his arrest was issued on June 8.

Michael Giampietro, Cassidy's attorney, said he expects his client will surrender himself

to authorities on Friday morning. A police spokesperson said when he does, Cassidy will be charged with conspiracy, weapons possession and homicide.

According to police, Cassidy (real name Barry Reese) and two other men, armed with .45 and .40 caliber handguns, 9 mm pistols, AK47 assault rifles and 7.62 mm rifles, fired on three other men during an argument that unfolded behind a house in the rapper's northwest Philadelphia neighborhood just before 1 a.m. on April 15.

One of the men who was shot, Desmond Hawkins, 22, of Philadelphia, died from a gunshot wound to the back. The two other men were treated at area hospitals for gunshot wounds and subsequently released.

Police said a second warrant was also issued for 23-year-old Abdul West, also of Philadelphia, who, along with Cassidy, was one of the three shooters involved in the incident. Homicide detectives have been unable to identify the third shooter. Police were not immediately clear as to what Cassidy's connection might have been to the two other shooters. But according to a spokesperson for the department, all of the men involved "knew each other."

The three victims were reportedly unarmed at the time.

Cassidy, the first MC of significance to be supported by Swizz Beatz's J-affiliated Full Service label, will release his sophomore album, I'm a Hustla, on June 28.

— Chris Harris

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1504240/20050616/cassidy.jhtml?headlines=true

shit what the fuck is he doing hes out rappin and living his dream?? what the fuck is he doin driving around with people with mass guns, thats just plain retarded. if he was involved, his career should be over.

roaches

But for real - they had .45s, .40s, 9mms, multiple AK-47s and 7.62 mm rifles, and they only managed to kill ONE guy? That shit is not gangster.

The ladies tell me has nice lips and he has those big, doey eyes. He better get used to wrapping those lips on something meaty. He better bring along all that lotion he must be using to get that nice skin. Bubba an'nem are gonna make him hit those notes that R Kelly couldn't on "Hotel".

Nick

roaches said:
But for real - they had .45s, .40s, 9mms, multiple AK-47s and 7.62 mm rifles, and they only managed to kill ONE guy? That shit is not gangster.

The ladies tell me has nice lips and he has those big, doey eyes. He better get used to wrapping those lips on something meaty. He better bring along all that lotion he must be using to get that nice skin. Bubba an'nem are gonna make him hit those notes that R Kelly couldn't on "Hotel".
Funniest post I've read in a long time :D:thumb:

PuffnScruff

he was has some alright skillz. i bet his record sales go up big time after this news gets out. dude is dumb in my opinion. if your young and one of 3 hot rappers your age selling major units why the fuck would you put yourself in those types of situations? i would be chillin, laid back, drunk & high everday, throwing parties with friends, traveling, and investing my money. what the fuck did he have too prove? most people dont believe half the shit rappers talk about anyways.

now that i see his album comes out this month, i bet this sells a million units it's first week.

VENOMOUS

On Probation: Please report any break in the guide
HellRazor05 said:
Well no one knows exactly why he shot the dude, everyone's just hatin' for no reason. Cass did what he had to do, you can't really prove nothin' to someone if he's dead so obviously he wasn't tryin' to prove anything. Let him be, he's not the only rapper thats gone to jail for some shit like this. I don't see no one hatin' on Shyne. DMX is fine example too, mo' money mo' problems homie. Just cuz you rich doesn't mean you ain't gotta worry about nothin'. :thumb:
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: so true if a nigga gets shot up by a akay most likely he did some serious shit to cassidy or cassidy freinds.Niggaz just dont use akayz 4 no reason.This sounds like some dope related shit.

HellRazor05 said:
Well no one knows exactly why he shot the dude, everyone's just hatin' for no reason. Cass did what he had to do, you can't really prove nothin' to someone if he's dead so obviously he wasn't tryin' to prove anything. Let him be, he's not the only rapper thats gone to jail for some shit like this. I don't see no one hatin' on Shyne. DMX is fine example too, mo' money mo' problems homie. Just cuz you rich doesn't mean you ain't gotta worry about nothin'. :thumb:

mo money mo problems, wtf, dmx is a crack head, thats his fault, he got locked up.

Cassidy = Rich, he should have paid someone to do it, but even that would be stupid.

PuffnScruff

shyne's case is a little different. the bullet that hit the girl never matched too shynes gun. and since he doesnt want to be labeled a snitch he didnt give up the name of the person who did fire his weapon whose bullet hit that girl.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.