Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Snoop Dogg

• Jay-Z

• 50 Cent

• Total voters
I hate polls, but I've been thinking about this all day. Which rap artist was the biggest (meaning the most famous, everybody paid attention to what they said, they were always in the news, and their name alone sold anything it was attached to) at the time they were at the top? I want to say 2pac, but I think it has to be Eminem. Thoughts?

Man, this is a hard fuckin' question because you have to also consider the times that certain artists dropped and how much exposure was "normal" for that time period.

I'll say Eminem, though Snoop Doggy Dogg and 2pac are a VERY EXTREMELY CLOSE second.

Pac...in the short time he had the limelight, he spoke at conventions, did multiple movies, had cameo's on tv shows, and recorded vast amounts of lyrics. There is probably more shit he did during his time but I cant remember everything.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Bit unfair. Most of the fans on here weren't listening to hip-hop in 1996 let alone when DR opened it's doors.

M.C.Chillz said:
Pac...in the short time he had the limelight, he spoke at conventions, did multiple movies, had cameo's on tv shows, and recorded vast amounts of lyrics. There is probably more shit he did during his time but I cant remember everything.
This is true. I did not consider Pac's multiple movie roles in just the 5 years that he was solo.

Perhaps I was wrong and it was Pac.

Either way, 2pac, Snoop and Em are the top 3 and all are VERY CLOSE to each other.

Bank Robber: True what you said about Snoop and DR, but as Chillz points out here, Pac had his multiple movie roles and Snoop wasn't even in a movie until after Pac died.

Pittsey said:
Bit unfair. Most of the fans on here weren't listening to hip-hop in 1996 let alone when DR opened it's doors.
Most of the fans here weren't listening to rap 9 years ago?

How many fucking "new generation" fans are in here?

I thought the majority of this board was around my age, 25-30. I'll be 28 next Sunday.

AmerikazMost

Pac was the most successful rapper for the most successful label during arguably hip-hop's greatest years

even still, he never reached the mainstream while alive like eminem did (or has)

eminem
pac
jay-z
biggie
snoop
dre

my opinion on popularity as RAPPERS (referring to dre), not talent. maybe even jigga higher than pac.

AmerikazMost said:
Pac was the most successful rapper for the most successful label during arguably hip-hop's greatest years

even still, he never reached the mainstream while alive like eminem did (or has)

eminem
pac
jay-z
biggie
snoop
dre

my opinion on popularity as RAPPERS (referring to dre), not talent. maybe even jigga higher than pac.
To say Pac never reached mainstream like Em is ridiculous. You don't star in 5 movies in 5 years when you're not mainstream. And, those 5 movies (excluding Bullet) were 5 of the most famous movies ever made. Especially Poetic Justice, Juice and Above The Rim.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.